NSV...sort of.

• I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for a while. I have another wedding band that was my grandmothers (or it least it was in her jewelry box. She insisted that she'd lost hers.) that I wear in its place. I have a bad habit of fiddling with it constantly, and I noticed yesterday just how loose it was. I've been trying on my wedding ring periodically, and last night it fit!

Except then I spent a couple hours cooking and I guess I swelled up a bit because it's tight. I can get it off, but I have to work at it.

I also have a ring that was a great great grandmothers on the other side that I wore as an engagement ring. As I remember it, it was slightly bigger than the wedding band. I'd like to start wearing it again but it's very old brittle gold and has a crack that needs repairing. I'm afraid to take it anywhere because the last time I did, I wasn't happy with the job they did on it. Maybe I best leave it in its box.
  • Congratulations. I am waiting for that day myself. I can get some older rings on now, but through out the day I get swollen and can't get them off, but eventually the swelling goes down. I wear DH's wedding ring on my thumb and now it just slips off. Maybe when it falls off I'll make him wear it again

I hear you on trusting jewelers and finding a good one. I have a precious emerald that I won't wear out in fear of damage. Someone said I could always get it "filled" but who do you trust with something so precious to you?

Look another thing you can dress up now that you are losing weight...LOL, time to go shopping! Enjoy your wedding ring
  • Congrats on getting the rings on. It is funny but I did this exact same thing, kept trying my rings on to see if they fit yet or not.
  • Yay!!!! I so wish I wouldn't have resized my wedding band this past fall because my fingers are now smaller than when I got married. I know because the one ring that still fits was the same size as my wedding band and that is beginning to rotate around my figner when I wear it.

That is such a huge psychological thing to be able to wear a wedding ring again. AND... if you keep it up, that will get too loose too!
  • Hey that's great! I finally fit into my engagement ring a month ago or so, my wedding ring is very close to fitting but not quite yet. Actually the only reason my engagement ring fit was b/c it was a little big when I got it so it had a little sizer thing on it, which I removed.