Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #91  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Up .2 on the scale this morning. Not bad with the high sodium dinner. Mowing is on the agenda for today. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day, so it shouldn't be that much of a horrible task (then why am I not looking forward to it?)

Off to make breakfast - having my usually lunch first and will try a smoothie at lunch to see if the dairy thing is a time of day thing. I just started making our own yogurt (half the price), so it would really stink if I find it always gives me troubles.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #92  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Aw, thanks, y'all! You sure know how to make a gal feel good. I tend to carry a lot of my weight in my legs, esp my thighs. I wish I could pick my next 10lbs from there!

Diana--I'm sorry you had a rough night. Ear plugs sound like a good idea!

Zoodoo--If you ever do find that magic button, please let me know!

Themilesaway--I feel bad for the same reasons, but I think everyone on here is pretty supportive and know we get busy.

Moj--Enjoy your run!

Larry--I still can't believe you're at 215. You've done SUCH an amazing job!

Berry--After exercising, being a limp noodle is a good thing.

Shish--Good for you giving blood! I'd count the calories, but I'd also give myself a higher calorie day that day. Your body needs to work to replenish your supply.

Mamakat--Congrats on the 18s!

Sum--Awww, the charm bracelet sounds so sweet!

Itsmyturn--Welcome!!

Vixsin--Thanks! You're right, it's very hard to wrap my head around it. I hear people say it, I can even sometimes see it in pictures, but when standing in front of the mirror...? Forget about it!

jomatho--You're too sweet! Thanks.

I'm -2lbs and back down to my low this morning. I must have had too much sodium the previous days. I have a lot to do as I'm getting ready for my daughter's 5 year birthday party this evening. She's so excited!!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Oh Milesawaygirl, Don't you know drinking and driving (errr running) can be dangerous. Especially at 3 AM. I love your dedication and enthusiasm though!!! Hopefully you didn't feel all the pain when it happened! Sounds like you got pretty banged up. Hope you are feeling better every day.

We are hoping to take the kids to boat on a little lake up north (wisconsin). Watching the weather and the clock...need to get my workout in, I'm on day 65 of my P90X. I can't screw up now.....must get off the computer and MOVE.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #94  

Good morning!

Met my exercise goals yesterday, walked with my friend for an hour and then ran 2 miles on the treadmill. Then, I added a few minutes of rebounding on my mini trampoline. Today I am sore, I'm sure it is from the rebounding because that is the only new thing.

I ate what I planned yesterday, and have today's menu planned out also, chicken fajitas with onions and green peppers from the garden, YUM!

Just getting ready for my walk this morning and I was going to run again today, but I will see if I still feel sore after my muscles are warmed up. I have a busy day ahead, so even with just a walk, my activity level should be pretty high.

I used to love fall, but I am starting to hate it. Way too much going on, to keep track of and to complete. Just looking at what I have to get done so oldest DS can go to sophomore orientation tomorrow and I know that is just the tip of the iceberg. Also, can I just say, raising teenagers is rough stuff? I pray we all make it through the next 5 years in good health and good standing. Okay, done with my rant.

Watching that storm on tv and thinking of you guys that live in or around its path! I hope it fizzles or turns away from you all!

May or may not be back today, so if I am not, have a great day everyone!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #95  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

I got 3 miles in last night (another dark night run). I took Tricksie with me as she has taken and passed the "Danielle is in danger" exam in the past years. Got 2/3 kids to school. The third starts tomorrow.

Not much going on except everyone is getting ready for the potential Irene. I see the forcast but I'm not sure I believe it. Plus the weather guy is like "Well it could do this, or it could do this, or it could even do this." It's like really? You went to college for that?

Hubby got a "new" 70 Mustang so we spent a little bit last night watching him burn the rubber off his tires after he got it running right. It was nice to see him happy about something.

Ok, I'm off to get laundry done before my internship orientation this afternoon. I'll be in and out.

Happy Day!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

What are they trying to do to me?

First thing this morning in the work kitchen there was a pie with a can of whipped cream next to it. No problem, I've sworn off sugar for these 2 weeks. Next time I went past there was the pie, plus a box of doughnuts. Still no problem. Now there's bagels. Why do they have to keep upping the ante? Going to try to resist.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #97  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Aw, thanks, y'all! You sure know how to make a gal feel good. I tend to carry a lot of my weight in my legs, esp my thighs. I wish I could pick my next 10lbs from there!
Shells I have always carried my extra weight in my hips/thighs. I think the last 10 came off of that area and really put me in the correct proportions. (Did I say that right? ) I am glad that I went for that last 10 rather than living with it. I'm not sure how I will feel later, but this is how I feel now. It might work for you, too.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-23-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #98  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

DZ this made me laugh so hard. I don't know why, but it did. I love that...you went to college for that?
Quote:
Not much going on except everyone is getting ready for the potential Irene. I see the forcast but I'm not sure I believe it. Plus the weather guy is like "Well it could do this, or it could do this, or it could even do this." It's like really? You went to college for that?
zoodoo you can do this! If you don't need to go to that room just steer clear of it...course the yummies sounded like they were multiplying so they might come to you! Good luck!

berry how's the freedom going?

milesaway I've heard no pain no gain before, but OW. I hope you heal soon.

Diana good morning

mojojuju busy is good. I'm so glad you are still staying motivated with the running even after (or in your case before) working. It's a new adjustment and sometimes those are hard, but you are doing great.

shish thanks again for giving blood. To some people it's just giving blood but to others it's life saving.

I know I'm missing people and I'm sorry for that so HELLO to everyone I hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #99  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All,

I'm up .2 today to 184.0 Maybe all the water is working? I can only imagine what the gain would've been. I'm gonna stick with it!

BIG NSV today for me!!!! I fit into a pair of pants I bought at the beginning of the summer! They are a size LARGE!!! I have been hemming and hawing about trying on these pants to possibly wear to my friends wedding and I've tried them on 4 times and they feel tight each time but I try to remember that these pants stretch a little as you wear them. So I bit the bullet today and wore them. I am SO wearing these to the wedding.

I am on plan and fighting TOM with water!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #100  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Miles: I had to chuckle while reading this post, as it reminds me exactly of myself most days! You’ll get there, keep your chin up……uhm, literally Feel better soon!!

DZ: I ask all the time how our weather people here get paid. I really need their job!!!

MamaKat: hey gf! How you been??

Well, I have to limit the personal agenda here this a.m. as I am already behind for the morning. I’m telling you, when I work 2 days back to back, my real life gets in shambles at my house and it drives me bananas! DH acts like he has to have everything asked of him in order for him to “see” anything and get up and do it. So, today, I am overflowed with chores. TOM has been here all wknd bringing along 3-4 lbs of water to fill my abdomen with even more JOY! Just call me Yo-Yo, kinda reminds me of a rapster’s girlfriend
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #101  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

Krystal to answer your question, I think I'm doing pretty good. Sunday my calves were rocks, but I mowed the lawn anyway. It hurt, but I think it helped them. As they are back to "their" norm. Now my forearms are acting up, but I think that's weather change. Other than that all is good, I am in positive mode and I'm no longer the dreaded 243

So I got to thinking about my muscles this week as if they would ever let me forget them. I really want guns. I know it's gonna take a long time, but I want to at least work towards that goal. BUT here's my dilemma: if the ones that aren't damaged/dead grow/bulk up will they a) pull on the bad ones and kill me OR b) get more painful during my episodes? Second dilemma: the only way to find out is to ask the doctors. I hate getting yelled at and I hate being told no and I know that's what will happen if I ask about this. They don't know I'm working out...I'm not supposed to be, but I have more good days then bad days now and I'm not using a cane, haven't for nearly two months!

I seriously wish I knew what to do. Also I was wondering if I should start drinking protein shakes so that the muscles will grow faster? I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for some major pain or more relief. Ugh, I just don't know. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go see a doctor.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great and healthy day
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #102  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Good Morning Everyone

Krystal to answer your question, I think I'm doing pretty good. Sunday my calves were rocks, but I mowed the lawn anyway. It hurt, but I think it helped them. As they are back to "their" norm. Now my forearms are acting up, but I think that's weather change. Other than that all is good, I am in positive mode and I'm no longer the dreaded 243

So I got to thinking about my muscles this week as if they would ever let me forget them. I really want guns. I know it's gonna take a long time, but I want to at least work towards that goal. BUT here's my dilemma: if the ones that aren't damaged/dead grow/bulk up will they a) pull on the bad ones and kill me OR b) get more painful during my episodes? Second dilemma: the only way to find out is to ask the doctors. I hate getting yelled at and I hate being told no and I know that's what will happen if I ask about this. They don't know I'm working out...I'm not supposed to be, but I have more good days then bad days now and I'm not using a cane, haven't for nearly two months!

I seriously wish I knew what to do. Also I was wondering if I should start drinking protein shakes so that the muscles will grow faster? I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for some major pain or more relief. Ugh, I just don't know. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go see a doctor.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great and healthy day
Doctors don't know everything and sometimes they are wrong. I would simply tell them. I know I've been doing this against recommendations, but I've been working out since X time and in that time, I've dropped X weight and have been able to stop using the cane, have felt stronger, etc, etc., etc., SHOW them that you are doing better with exercise in your life and they SHOULD believe you. Then from there tell them you want to get stronger and healthier and to keep exercising and ask them for recommendations on how to do it. If they won't help... Find different doctors, because obviously they aren't listening to what you are telling them.

And you asked about my freedom? Well, it's 10:30 am and I'm still in my pajamas. I usually get dressed to go down for breakfast as I feel wrong being in my pajamas braless in front of my MIL as she always gets dressed for breakfast. Way to rebel, huh? I'm braless and in jammies!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #103  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

OMG...you made me blush!! Thank you soooo much for your kind words made my morning!!!

Krystal I am holding my weight between 152-155...what happened with me; I went off sugar, totally, and I have no bloat. -- My collar bones are showing, my tummy lost mega inches... same weight and I look like a different person.

That being said; I looked at your picture sitting on beach; you definitely think you are bigger how you look!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #104  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

MamaKat- First I just have to tell you that the grandmother my kids adore is mamakat (not that your old, it's just a fact), I am glad that I could make you laugh. It's a much better feeling than to make people say "grr"...NEXT...if there is one thing I wont put up with and neither should you is doctors yelling at me about MY body/health. I have had alot of doctors poo poo me about alternative medicine and my using it on my children vs their western medicine recommendations and everytime I will put them in their place. SO...you tell them how your activity is making you feel whether it be better, worse or other wise. The other thing is that there are ways of toning muscles without bulking them up. For instance, In the horse world (I come from a race barn), if we want to get a horse fit and toned (slow twitch muscle-used for endurance) we jog them instead instead of galloping them. I will try to find some ideas that will tone your slow twitch instead of bulking your fast twitch.

Berry- How do you make yogurt? I've been told it can boost your metabolism when eaten in the morning.

Vixsin- Congrats! I love when I can get into a smaller size.

K9- I'm totally feeling your pain. 5 people's laundry is all I can say.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #105  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Harbor Town Sunset

As promised from last week's thread, here is the latest sunset from Harbor Town where I run. I love running at this location. There are so many people roller blading, running, walking their k9s, playing frisbee, or doing some type of physical exercise. I can't wait to go tonight!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunset @ HT.jpg (29.3 KB, 6 views)
Closed Thread