Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #46  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
I don't know if you noticed it, but you screwed that up in your blog a while ago. I just went and checked, it was the beginning of July. Check yourself out, July 2-4. I guess your fingers didn't quite believe you'd crossed into onderland.
Oh that is too funny! I'll go fix it, but no idea I did that. I'm still in shock I guess. I can believe I'm out of 200s but anything beyond that is still 'wow' territory. It's been THAT long since I've been here and even then it was for a few months only.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #47  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Guess what? It stuck! OMG I think I made it out of the 240's finally. Yesterday I was 239.6 today ((drum roll please)) 238.8!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I think I woke the neighbors with my "squee" I am so happy right now! Time to go change the ticker.

So I was 242 last Monday that brings me to a (gosh I hate math) almost 4lbs loss. IDK. I really don't understand math at all, never did. Who cares, no more stinking 243!

Have a great day everyone. Oh and stay healthy
Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

The trouble with totally arbitrary rules you set for yourself is you have to decide all on your own how to interpret them.

I had a chobani yogurt with blueberries this morning for breakfast. I didn't think about it until it was all fixed up but those have a lot of sugar. I'm not going to get upset about it, but should I have it again tomorrow? Is it breaking my sugar rule? It's not as sugary as plenty of fruit, but it is added sugar. It's more than is in the granola bars I sometimes eat, which I'd decided were on the 'no' list. If I shouldn't have it again, what should I eat for breakfast? Oatmeal is a standby, but I really have trouble getting it down if I don't sweeten it. Eggs are a nuisance, AND I don't really want to add too many to my diet.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #49  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

zoodoo my problem is I feel like breakfast "must" be sweet. DH likes cooking breakfast but he doesn't like sweets. That blows for me I drink Atkins shakes now because it's sweet, I can't look at another egg. DH also found bakery like muffins with no sugar (sweetener of course) that were 11 g carb for 1/2. I ate a whole one yesterday with a banana. We were trying to figure out what I needed to stop the calves from cramping. LOL what we'll do. Atkins has lots of stuff but as everything else it's got chemical sweeteners. I don't know if any of that helped.
Good luck.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #50  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
The trouble with totally arbitrary rules you set for yourself is you have to decide all on your own how to interpret them.

I had a chobani yogurt with blueberries this morning for breakfast. I didn't think about it until it was all fixed up but those have a lot of sugar. I'm not going to get upset about it, but should I have it again tomorrow? Is it breaking my sugar rule? It's not as sugary as plenty of fruit, but it is added sugar. It's more than is in the granola bars I sometimes eat, which I'd decided were on the 'no' list. If I shouldn't have it again, what should I eat for breakfast? Oatmeal is a standby, but I really have trouble getting it down if I don't sweeten it. Eggs are a nuisance, AND I don't really want to add too many to my diet.
Funny we're talking about breakfast, as I was just discussing it with my husband this morning too.

A way to get around the sugar thing with yogurts, is to blend it up yourself. Buy plain greek yogurt (or better, make yogurt yourself for half the cost - even organic). Add a few frozen or defrosted berries (blueberries are very low glycemic, btw) and blend it up in a blender and voila - a yogurt smoothie. I've been eating that for breakfast a lot with my older son. I use 1 cup of yogurt to about 1/2 a cup of fruit. I defrost the fruit int he microwave because I don't want a super cold smoothie.

I've also done (and still do about twice a week) atkins shakes. Like Mamakat, I NEED my breakfast to be sweet. My stomach simply cannot handle eggs and meat and cheese as a first meal unless that meal is much later for a brunch.

But that gets me to the discussion I was having with my husband this morning. Whenever I have a yogurt smoothie or an atkins shake, I get intestinal cramps about 30 -45 minutes after eating it. And then those cramps last for about an hour. It's consistently like that.

Back history - as an infant I projectile vomited formula, so, starting at around 3 months they took me off milk - yep.. I grew on juice (cripes, my mom was so not smart on that one). AND... I didn't like any dairy products as a kid - except ice cream. Not cheese (though grilled cheese sandwich using a single Kraft slice was ok), no yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, chocolate milk even, or anything that TASTED like milk.

Over teh years as an adult, I have developed a taste for cheese, but if anything tastes milky, I don't like it. But... I'm still having some issue. I don't think it's lactose issues as yogurt and whey don't have lactose. I think it might be a milk protein that gives me problems? But then... I only have these problems it seems, in the morning - as a first meal. I should test the smoothie thing out at some other time of the day.

Problem is, then what do I eat for breakfast that is sweet and not dairy based??? I guess my apple and peanut butter lunch can move to breakfast and the smoothie to lunch to test it out.

Anyway... it stinks to have issues with dairy!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

As soon as I posted I anticipated the protein bar/shake suggestions. They're good suggestions if low carb is what you're after, but that's not the issue for me. I'd rather not add more processed food, or artificial sweeteners. I don't actually like yogurt enough to eat in unsweetened. I sort of think of it as a way to make the fruit more filling. Smoothies are a good idea. I make them with milk and fruit and ice (I do like mine cold). But I usually eat breakfast at work and I couldn't do a smoothie here.

Berry, sweet, non-dairy and low carb? That is a tough combo. Have you investigated all the different sorts of milks available now? Rice, almond, soy? Maybe you can do something with those. Ooh, another suggestion: goats milk yogurt. It might be hard to find, but goats milk sugar are more similar to human milk sugars than cows milk.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #52  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi gals! Checking in quickly, since I have class today.

Also, I had to tell y'all that I met my other goal! I wanted to be down to 171 by Sept 1st which is my 1 year healthy lifestyle anniversary. That would put me at 90lbs lost and I reached that this last weekend! Of course, I only have 10 more to lose and then I can say I've lost 100lbs, so I think I'm going to go ahead and go for that. Once, I get there, I'll probably go into maintenance. I'm starting to get the "Oh, wow, you're getting skinny. You're not going to lose anymore...RIGHT??" comments. I still can't apply the word "skinny" to me. Me?? Skinny??

Of course, this morning the scale was up a random 2lbs, but I'm still claiming this weekend's 170.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #53  
Melissa

Wow! Way to go Shells!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #54  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks, Berry. You're almost at 90 from your highest, too!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells Great job! The skinny comments make me feel weird. It takes people a while to get adjusted to the way you look. I was getting a lot of comments at one time about being skinny, etc.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

ETA: Remember the comment my Mom made about my legs looking long in my new jeans? I think she said it in a negative way. Anyways, I was wearing my new jeans on Saturday along with my new shirt. I didn't tell you about the new shirt. I will tell you about that in a minute. I went into Starbuck's and noticed a man and woman sitting out front talking. They were about 45-50 y/o. As I walked up, they started staring at me. I just nodded "hello" and went inside to order. On my way out they both looked at me and I spoke to them again. The lady stopped me and said that her and her husband were just talking about me and they really liked my Levi's. OMG! Why were they looking at me and talking about me. I thanked them and went on. It felt really good I have to admit.

Anyways, about the new shirts. I went to the hairdresser the other week. I am not into clothes and don't understand about fit, etc. I just know when it's too tight or way too big on me. I asked the people at the beauty shop what was wrong with my shirt. It was baggy in a weird way in the front. They immediately knew it was too big and they suggested that I buy a petite. I told them: Me a petite? No way! I'm too tall for that. They said I should buy my shirts in a petite because I am high waisted and I don't need my shirts to be that long. So, I went to JC Penney last weekend. I tried on the V-neck 3/4 length shirts in Small and Small Petite. They were right. The Small Petite looks so much better on me. This is the type of stuff that I am not good at.

So anyways, the Small Petite shirts with the new Levi's make it look like my legs are a mile long. I take it the man and woman outside of Starbucks were admiring my long legs.

Also, as a side note, remember about the comment my Mom made? That night my Mom asked about my new jeans again. I was thinking "oh no, not this again". Anyways, she commented that she really likes the jeans on me. I take it, the new jeans were an adjustment for her and it's difficult for her to express her feelings in a positive way.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #57  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Great job Shells!!!!!!!!

I think being called Skinny is a great problem to deal with and wrap our heads around!!!!!

You look amazing shells! So healthy!!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #58  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Diana,

That was a great story!!! Yay for you and your new friends outside of Starbucks!!!! They SO were looking at your wonderfully long and sculpted legs!!!!!

Congrats on Small Petite!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #59  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Yay Shells!! Your avi looks great, and yes you are SKINNY
Old 08-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #60  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I would like to jump in, if possible? I have seen this thread and lurked a bit, but thought...what the heck, let's see if they will take a nut like me

I have been following the positive comments on the weight loss a few of you have been receiving and I say "great, because you have EARNED IT"!!!!! I am very happy for you!

Reader's Digest version of me: I am a mom of 3, 2 SN kids, and sole income for my family of 5 (not a big income either,lol). I have only been at an acceptable weight in my eyes, once in my adult life and it wasn't achieved in a healthy manner. This time I am doing everything healthy and trying to make it work. I do strength training (or try to) 3x/wk... I do cardio at least 3x/wk...and work with a nutritionist for my food/supplements aspect of this new way of living. I weigh in on Wednesdays, and set mini goals to get me from step to step in my journey.
Closed Thread