3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   *Read me* 8/21/2011-8/27/2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241196-%2Aread-me%2A-8-21-2011-8-27-2011-a.html)

Cali Doll 08-19-2011 06:18 AM

*Read me* 8/21/2011-8/27/2011

OK so we're approaching the week that, each month, has caused me to backslide for extended periods (no pun) of time.

This is the PMS week for me and for the past 8 months or so (after reaching goal over a year ago), I've been finding it difficult to control my eating. It's like I can't tell myself no and I can't tolerate being hungry...I just want to eat, eat, EAT! This has caused me to regain and lose and regain and lose the same 10 pounds over and over again.

What I'm looking for here are a few words of encouragement that I can come back and read this week.

I will think about this thread when I'm sitting at work fighting these feelings. I will not conveniently forget what it feels like for me to see 170 on the scale and how I don't like how my clothes feel. I will remember what it feels like to love looking at my reflection and how it feels to have a really small waist.

Anything else? :D

abluvion 08-19-2011 07:45 AM

Well, you can remind yourself that next month, you will have been really glad you stayed strong this month - because one month of success under your belt is a huge encouragement to keep going.

Are you physically hungry though? Or just eating due to hormones? Can you think of other nice things to do for yourself, like pedicures and warm baths, that could take your mind off food when the urge hits?

Cali Doll 08-19-2011 08:06 AM

Oh it's totally emotional/mental/hormonal. So no, I'm not really hungry when these feelings hit but it's been a battle to not eat. I think the food addiction has a lot to do with it, too.

It usually hits at work but I'm working on refocusing. Thanks for the tips; I will think about how good I'll feel when I make it through the week.

mamamorgan 08-19-2011 08:14 AM

TOM is here for me too...and its hard for me to say no. Most of the time I will allow myself to eat but in moderation and only with things that are low in calories and healthy. Like carrots and hummus. Or celery. Or 40 calorie fudge pops if I am craving sweets. Or dill pickle spears, they are only 5 calories. Stuff like that. I don't like to deprive myself and if I go 100- 150 calories over my 1200 during this week each day, I don't stress it as long as I am making good, healthy choices.

berryblondeboys 08-19-2011 08:15 AM

Just remind yourself over and over that it's just one week and it's just hormones. When the hunger pangs hit, grab something with flavor, but zero or very few calories. Like sugar free mints (be careful, so are actually high in calories), or lime in water or carbonated water, sugar free chewing gum.

Cali Doll 08-19-2011 05:41 PM

Thanks so much for the support, guys!

I like the low-cal mints idea.

mamamorgan, I can overeat anything including hummus, fudge pops, sunflower seeds or anything else I've kept as snack items. lol!

kelly585 08-20-2011 10:08 AM

Maybe eating right will help with the symptoms of PMS? Take one meal at a time and you can do it!

prettythink 08-20-2011 02:25 PM

one thing that helps me is not getting hungry keep yourself full with healthy things one thing that really helps me is humus and club crackers and grapes and after a while my craving will go away for anything that is bad. And if you dont like humus than i recommend some other kind of healthy dip that can give you the same benefits as the humus. Hope this helped

Cali Doll 08-20-2011 08:57 PM

Thanks for the tips and support, guys! I will come back and read this thread for sure.