Just for some encouragement...

• Hello everyone.

I've just joined "3 fat chicks on a diet" so hi to everyone. I'm just posting this because I feel like I might need encouragement in losing weight even though I have never acknowledged it. In the past, my "losing weight" sprees have been brought about by my dad and even then, as soon as he goes into a work "spree", I would just stop. After realizing that I weight 250 lbs and that I am in very real danger of getting diabetes, I think something needs to be done.

I have stopped in the past and I haven't really figured out why. But I think part of it is that I have never really had people egging me on, it's just been me. So I'm posting this in the hope that someone or a couple of people will simply give me encouragement to be healthy again, and not be a statistic.

I need to lose weight, to be honest- if I am under 200 I'll be borderline happy, and even happier if I were to break 180.

But we'll see. I'm starting working out tomorrow, eating healthier, and at least attempting to fix my sleep patterns.

Anyways, thank you (hopefully in advance)

I hope all of you are healthy, or getting there
  • We are all here to support you!!

That being said, make sure you are losing weight for you, and not for anyone else. Love yourself - make yourself happy first!

You might find it useful to look around the Chicks Up for a Challenge forum. You sound like a gal who likes a challenge Good luck!!
  • Welcome and good luck !
  • This is a really great place for support. I find that when I come here every day, even if I just read the posts and don't respond to anything, it helps. A lot. And people are always so willing to offer support! We all understand what it's like, whether we're there now or were in the past. Glad you're here!
  • Welcome!!!

we have pretty much the same stats - same height and I started at 261. For now, I am not bothering to worry about my final goal - I am just doing 10% at a time. So for now, I'm working getting to 212, which is my 2nd 10% and after that, I can worry about the next amount to lose. It's a lot less overwhelming than thinking about losing 50 or 75 or even 100 lbs all at once.

• You are going to make a lot of new friends here...

and what is best...

they will all help you lose weight!

I joined 2 Thanksgiving challenges on this site to help keep me motivated.
    I also track every bite I eat on LoseIt.com
    I like the charts there. It is a fun way to keep track of my calories!
    I eat a little less than 1600 calories per day. I can lose 50 pounds/year that way.

Best of luck to you! You'll get down to 180 soon.

• I agree with abluvion, if you feel like you need support and accountability you should join one of the challenge threads. I've never done anything in the chicks up for a challenge thread, but we do have a 12 weeks to take off thread in the 20 somethings forum. We just finished our last thread and are starting part 2 this week! What is nice is that it's about support more than anything. We are not doing goals, but there is a nifty chart and a lot of really nice people who are going through the same thing you are.

Find a group on 3fc that you like and dive in!