3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/240837-help.html)

kb11311 08-14-2011 01:20 PM

Help

I did so good this week, i did not cheat once, i eat under 1000 calores every day and i only eat baked fish, baked chicken, veggies fruit and a few low calerie healthy stemer meals, so why did i only look 2 pounds? I SUCK! :(

m3rma1d 08-14-2011 01:26 PM

You need to eat more than 1000 calories a day. Try 1500.

LGW 08-14-2011 01:27 PM

My thoughts exactly...you may not be consuming enough calories.
When I stay OP I lose weight, when I have less calories I plateau...it took me a while to realize that.

kb11311 08-14-2011 01:30 PM

i know i do, but im scared to eat, im soo scared of gaining weight, i think about it 24/7

Shytowngal 08-14-2011 01:37 PM

Hi Kb,
There are a lot of successful women here who have a lot of experience losing weight. Take it from everyone here. 1000 is wayyy too low. It may be scary at first, but you really do need to up your calories in order to lose weight.

Why don't you at least try it for a few weeks? I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the results!

KatieC87 08-14-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb11311 (Post 3989604)
I did so good this week, i did not cheat once, i eat under 1000 calores every day and i only eat baked fish, baked chicken, veggies fruit and a few low calerie healthy stemer meals, so why did i only look 2 pounds? I SUCK! :(

I know that everyone else is saying 1,000 calories is too low, but I eat probably an average of 1,000 calories a day over a week's time (sometimes more, sometimes a little less). I lose about 2 pounds - or more - a week.

Are you exercising at all? Maybe throwing in some regular exercise would help. Even if it doesn't move the scale a lot, it will help tone your body. I've noticed big results from exercise in only a month of doing it. So you might try that.

Esofia 08-14-2011 02:20 PM

2lb a week is an excellent rate of weight loss. Why are you upset about it? What is your calorie deficit, and how much were you hoping to lose?

DietVet 08-14-2011 03:30 PM

A person who wants to lose 100 pounds won't be able to manage on 1000 calories a day--it's probably going to take a year or more! Increase your calories to 1500. You won't gain and you'll probably keep losing 2lb/week.

2lb is a GREAT rate of weight loss. It's healthy.

tuende 08-14-2011 03:37 PM

First of all, you most certainly do not suck :)!

Second of all, losing 2 lbs in a week is awesome! I WISH I could do that!

Don't be scared of food- it's the fuel your body needs to function. You can up your calories by a couple hundred and still be creating that calorie deficit you need to lose weight. Weight loss isn't quick and it certainly isn't easy. Be patient with yourself and celebrate your accomplishments!

Lovely 08-14-2011 04:40 PM

1) You don't suck.

2) 2 pounds is not a sucky amount of weight to lose. If you saw someone else on 3FC saying "I lost 2 pounds this week :)" would you tell them "You must suck at losing weight"?

3) Why are you eating under 1000 calories a day when your body could use a lot more? You're starting at over 200 pounds, you probably want to aim for about 1,500 calories a day if not more to begin.

Losing weight is trial and error. This is a process.

You cannot suck at it. There's no wrong way to do it. We just learn the patterns of our bodies as we go on, we tweak our plans to fit our lives.

Tweak your plan to fit your life, recognize how losing even .1 of a pound is a success, and keep moving forward.

KatieC87 08-14-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DietVet (Post 3989718)
A person who wants to lose 100 pounds won't be able to manage on 1000 calories a day--it's probably going to take a year or more! Increase your calories to 1500. You won't gain and you'll probably keep losing 2lb/week.

Good point, good point. I wasn't thinking in the context of her starting weight.

I don't know your height, but your calories to maintain your weight will be a lot higher starting in the 200s. With my activity level, I would need 2,295 calories to maintain 163 at 5'4. You need to figure out what you'd need to maintain your weight and then create the necessary calorie deficit from there. Good luck!

Michelle2008 08-14-2011 06:17 PM

You can up your calorie intake a little by adding some really healthy and tasty snacks. A couple of pieces of fruit for example or a low fat yoghurt. Or increase your portion size a bit. Extra calories don't have to be empty calories - and when you are eating so little it is important to make sure yor food is good quality nutritous food!

You are doing really well but just being a little hard on yourself.

mzKiki 08-14-2011 07:46 PM

2 pounds in 1 week is very good! Congratulate yourself on a job well done! Then consider eating a little more than 1000 calories like the other ladies have suggested. We are about the same weight, I try to eat between 1300-1600 calories a day. It may seem counter-intuitive but your body needs energy to do all the great things that it does!
Good luck!

zoodoo613 08-14-2011 08:16 PM

A couple things:
1. 2 lbs is a good loss. Aiming for much more than that isn't realistic in the long-term
2. A week isn't a long enough time frame. The scale can be variable. You may have lost 5 lbs this week, or none. Don't change things up based on one week.
3. Are you sure you're eating 1000 calories? Unless you measure, it's easy to under estimate. (I say this as someone who doesn't measure. But if you're just starting out, measuring is a good idea.)
4. 1000 calories may not be enough. But it's not so little that you're going to go into starvation mode in a week.

Take a deep breath, relax, and congratulate yourself on those 2 lbs. You need to be in this for the long haul, and chances are somewhere along the way you're going to have a week that's far rougher than losing "only" 2 lbs. You've got roll with the punches if you want to keep going. you don't want to burn yourself out with anxiety before you even get started.