3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   how to prevent loos skin while loosing weight?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/240755-how-prevent-loos-skin-while-loosing-weight.html)

kb11311 08-13-2011 12:46 AM

how to prevent loos skin while loosing weight??

im 18 so my skin should be pretty healthy, i drink a lot of water and mosterize with coco butter. but what else can i do to try to prevent loos skin? also im 233 pounds and looking to look 70-100 pounds

kb11311 08-13-2011 12:46 AM

i ment loose 70-100 pounds. :)

kelly315 08-13-2011 01:09 AM

At your age, you shouldn't have a major problem. You might notice the skin losens up a little bit, but it should continue to tighten as time goes on. I've heard that one of the best things is to avoid rapid weight loss- meaning try to stick to around 2lbs/week or less. I've also heard that just generally keeping your skin heathy helps, which means taking your vitamins, drinking plenty of water (sunscreen wouldn't hurt either).

Scarlett 08-13-2011 01:17 AM

There's really nothing you can do. Some people carry their weight more evenly and have less issues. Others end up with loose skin.

Reguardless you'll look better 100 pounds lighter, with loose skin and a great bra than you do with the weight on. If necessary, plastic surgery is becoming more and more available and affordable. Don't worry about it until it happens :D

blancheneige 08-13-2011 07:03 AM

You either get it or you don't. I think a lot of it has to do with genetics, in terms of skin elasticity, muscle tone as well as weight distribution. People who carry their weight more evenly I think have less skin issues. I've heard of people wearing compression garments (even when sleeping) to avoid sagging skin. But I think you're either going to get sagging skin or you're not. At 18 years old you probably won't get any, so I wouldn't worry.

fitmom 08-13-2011 08:38 AM

I'm not 18 (not even close) but I can relate to loose skin. I've had two kids and the first time, bounced back right away. The second time...not so much. And I only gained 25 and 20 lbs. respectively. My point is anyone at any weight at any age can get loose skin. Does the loose skin go away? Yes, it does. I'm living proof. I would say not to crash diet and lose a ton of weight all at once. Losing the weight slowly will be much better. Besides performing cardio exercises I also weight trained which tightened my stomach up considerably. Keep that in mind. Don't stress about it though. Being healthy is most important. Good luck. :)

tuende 08-13-2011 10:54 AM

kb- I have similar stats as you and possibly the same initials (KB, huh?)! I started at the same weight and my highest weight was when I was about 20 (I'm 25 now)... although I don't know how tall you are. Having gone through it, I will tell you that what other posters have said is spot on. Sure, some parts of me look a little, well... deflated, but it's nothing I worry too much about now- and its nothing most people will ever notice. I didn't do anything to try to prevent the loose skin- I'm kind of a 'whatever happens' kind of a girl- however I am hoping it will continue to tighten up even after I'm done losing. Although I'd much rather have a weird little wrinkly stretched out part of my stomach than be carrying around those 96 lbs! Being healthy and fit is AWESOME so keep working at it, regardless!

sontaikle 08-13-2011 11:01 AM

I'm not done with my weight loss, but I noticed some loose skin that tightened up recently.

My inner thighs looked quite deflated when I hit the 25-30lb mark, but now they're tightening up. I guess with time (and strength training) you can get rid of some of that loose skin.

I'm 23 so I'm fairly young. That may have something to do with it as well.

Lori Bell 08-13-2011 11:46 AM

I'm 46 and lost 190 pounds in less than 1.5 years...an average of around 2.5 pounds a week. When I reached my goal, I had some pretty serious skin issues... BUT nOw, after maintaining for over 2 years, things have majorly improved. The best Rx for me has been time. Staying the same weight for an extended period of time helps more than any cream or pill!! Good luck and don't let fear of the unknown derail you frOm reaching your goal.

berryblondeboys 08-13-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori Bell (Post 3988451)
I'm 46 and lost 190 pounds in less than 1.5 years...an average of around 2.5 pounds a week. When I reached my goal, I had some pretty serious skin issues... BUT nOw, after maintaining for over 2 years, things have majorly improved. The best Rx for me has been time. Staying the same weight for an extended period of time helps more than any cream or pill!! Good luck and don't let fear of the unknown derail you frOm reaching your goal.

Yep! Just like after having a baby, that skin takes awhile to tighten back up and it's different for everyone. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week and my skin can't keep up, but it's getting better little by little and probably will for a good year or two after I hit maintenance and then I'll see if there's anything I want to do with my tummy (my kids did a number on me there!).

kb11311 08-13-2011 02:43 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to anser my questions, it really calmed my fears, im going to keep doing strenght training and rubbin on the coco butter 2 times a day and defently pray alot, haha and hopefully everything will turn out fine. thanks agen. :)