Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Default the McDonald's Big Mac won today...

OK ok I admit it..I ate a Big Mac.. well more like I gobbled it down, like I would never see a Big Mac again...

I went over my points today in a big way..and I'm still hungry.. ( I'm in Weight watchers)

I don't know what it is, but at the end of my week before my weigh in, I get super hungry, craving bad foods, like junk food..
Its almost like I can tell my body is burning fat and when it does, it sends me super signals to eat high caloric foods, especially Fast food..

Anyone else have this trouble? Do any of you relate to actually feeling like the body is in burning mode?...
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

It's strange, I've been tending to crave protein foods lately.

But there are definitely times when I'm after something with a little more fat, or carbs, or salty, or sweet. Just the way the body is.

Remember that you may have been over your Daily Points, but if you counted it, you still have Weekly or Activity Points to use! They're there for a reason =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Yes, when I have a few days where I feel just hungry, I know that if I manage to not give into tempation, that I will see a relatively big drop in my numbers. That is IF I can manage to not gnaw on everything in sight. For awhile, when I was actively loosing, I came to appreciate when that feeling came because I knew I would see results. Since I've just been maintaining and feeling hungry every moment of the day with no drop, I haven't been enjoying the constant appetite.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

You know, there's nothing wrong with feeling hungry every now and then...do you drink enough water? Get enough (healthy) protein?

While I think your body may be craving bad food, I don't think it has anything to do with burning fat..it sounds like a food addiction...
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

I get that way on the day of my weigh in. I think it's because I've been in losing mode, so I think Okay, you did so great all week! Treat time! French fries! Burgers! NOW! Fortunately, I almost always win over these silly thoughts, so I consider it a net plus (or minus, as the case may be!).

You win some, you lose some. Just get right back on track in the morning. Forget the Big Mac (easier said than done) and move on.
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #6  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Good job calculating the big mac into your points rather than acting like it didn't happen! I think this is a learning moment, you can't have a big mac every day, or even every week, and maintain a healthy weight.

The next time you go to McDonald's and want a big mac, ask yourself if it will cause you to dip into your weekly points and if being hungry the rest of the day will be worth it. You can still go to McDonald's for a treat, but pre-planning and counting points before you get there may be a good idea.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Can you avoid fast food?
If you were craving a burger, could you make one yourself? It's probably the easiest way to eat what you want and still keep your points low, and you can make big mac sauce low fat too!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #8  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieC87 View Post
I get that way on the day of my weigh in. I think it's because I've been in losing mode, so I think [I]Okay, you did so great all week! Treat time!
This is one of the reasons I weigh every day instead of every week.

It's true that you have to get used to fluctuations and sometimes seeing the numbers move in the wrong direction when you weigh every day.

However, in one of my past attempts at weight loss, I did weight watchers and had weekly weigh-ins. I remember not wanting to eat anything at all that day (because I didn't want any bulk in me at weigh-in time), and then being very tempted to be lax that evening and the next day -after all, I had a whole week to "make it up".

Weighing every day is one of many reminders I set up for myself that this a choice-by-choice process. Every day, every individual eating opportunity is a chance to do my best. Breaking my time into weeks just gives me excuses to procrastinate - I can overeat today, because I have six days to make it up, etc.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #9  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Using sugar substitutes like sucralose (splenda) and aspartame trick your body into getting real sugar. Then it realizes that it wasn't real sugar, so your body craves real sugar.
But anyways, don't bring yourself down about the Big Mac. They taste good, so if you really like them, have them rarely, and maybe split it with somebody to cut the points, and the cost!
Good luck!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #10  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Don't wait till morning to get back on track! Get on now!!!!! It's one meal, big whoop!!!! Let it go and move on!!!!!!

Last edited by HadEnough; 08-10-2011 at 02:04 PM.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #11  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

One meal won't set you back. Not getting back on plan will do that!

If you go to McDs, for the kids, or whatever, a regular cheeseburger is 300 calories.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote