Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:40 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#271

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Remember a little while ago when I said I was off to the pool?
Cancel that idea. It's started to snow again and it's so cold, about 3ºF, that the roads have turned to grease. I went about a mile, turned around and came home. GRRRRR

I'm too old to be playing "bumper cars" with my vehicle.

Looks like WATP again tonight.

j-ann
Old 01-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! It's been a not so great day on the food front. Got a little carried away. But I am having a Subway for dinner and will begin behaving again ASAP.

LuckyLadyBug: That was a neat story about Lynne. One
should only be so lucky. Maybe he's got a rich friend for you!

Katrina: You found some really good quotes. Thanks for sharing.

Baylee: Is being on days a good thing?

Tina: 8.8!!! Woohoo! Here's my happy dance for you. Keep up the good work.

Steph: I'm sure your WI (not Wisconsin) will be just fine.

Pheonix: Welcome to our humble corner of the web. We'd love to have you join us. I started at 374 and understand about scales not being able to weigh me. I had been down a bit more, but I'm currently losing again and am at 334. Tell us some about yourself. There are alot of us that are real regulars here and we'd love to have you become a real part of our thread.

Michelle: WooHoo on the A-. You're doing great.

Tonya: 2.2 is Onederful!!! You'll be there in no time.

Sara: Congrats on getting to your goal! WooHoo!

J-ann: Oooooo, sorry you missed the trip to the pool. Better to be safe at home though.

Gotta run. Honey just got home and it's time for dinner. I'll see you all later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-21-2003 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:01 PM   #4  

Default Hello?!

Hey!

Where IS everyone? Is anybody else getting that "server is busy message"? What's up with that?

Sara
Old 01-22-2003, 01:29 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Well Sara... you brought this little chick out of her shell.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!
I am sooooo happy for you and soooo proud of you too.

Phoenix... WELCOME !!!!!
This is the BEST group in this entire 3fc board. Keep coming back.

Thin... Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you? I DO !!!

Tina.... congratulations on that 8 lbs. That is a rough way of losing... but I am glad it worked in your favor. YOU ARE DOING SOOOO SUPER !!!!

Kat... there has been sooooooo many things I have wanted to share with you ... but now I am drawing a blank. We have soooo much in common.

Mary... I am happy your son finally got himself a job. Sounds like everything is working out pretty good for him. Did they ever hire that one lady to be head libraian??? Sounds like she may have gotten the shaft too.

Baylee... glad you did not disappear on us. I am so happy you were okay. We were all worried about you.

Duckie, tonya, J-ann, Michelle, Steph, Lucky and everyone else I may be forgetting.... you all sound so "UP" and positive.
Syn, Susie, and those who don't post much... please try to peek in more.
I know I am missing someone... I just can't remember everyone.

I am going to Missouri Wed morning and won't be home for a few more days. My mom is holding her own. She is like the energizer bunny... she just keeps going and going and going. LOL
I am going to be making my dad mad at me. He wants to be taken to renew his "drivers license". I won't do it. Every doctor has told him no. He is going to be mad. I am not looking forward to his disapproval. I will just have to have thick skin and not get my feelings hurt. I can not imagine how hard it is to be told you are too old and unsafe to drive. He can barely walk.

Okay... just had to congratulate SAra for reaching goal and say hello to the best bunch of women in the world.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:08 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
Thin: Yes my friend did get the job. I am happy for her. son is till working for now.
work was hectic yesterday we had close to 200 people come in
Better run have to get ready for another day
Old 01-22-2003, 09:22 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Default in keeping with the losing streak...

I lost 4 lbs!!!

Now, if I would just FEEL BETTER so I can get back to the gym! Don't worry, I won't even get into listing my many ailments...they do appear to be receding...so my fingers are crossed. I plan on going back to work tonight...we'll see how I feel later on.

Sara, I can only say, CONGRATULATIONS. You have come so far, so fast! You are living proof that it CAN be done. I sure hope that you will stick around to "coach" us in our journeys. BIG {{{HUG}}} I'm so proud of you!

2 cute...there you are! Please come out of your shell more often...I get such enjoyment from your posts! Good luck with Dad. We had to do the same thing with my grandfather's keys, used to hide them all the time. God knows how many spare sets he had til we found them all! Only by some miracle did he manage to NOT kill himself or someone else...getting old ain't easy! All the more reason for US to take care of ourselves and be as healthy as we can be...it may make the road to old age a little easier to navigate.

That's all for now...I'll be back later...gotta go post my loss @ WW!!

love,
Old 01-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals! This is a real quick post because I'm at work today. Now, someone has called in sick and guess who has to fill her place? So, to catch you up.......I work 10 days in order to get four in a row. (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday every other week) This week I was told I could have Sunday off, and they would take my Wednesday. So I thought, "Ok, I get Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday." Not too bad. Then, I get a call saying that someone has quit and they need me to work on Sunday and Friday, but they will give me my Wednesday back. So, I think, "Well, that will still give me Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday off." Not too awful bad. Then, I'm told that one of the employees is feeling bad and thinks they might be sick this morning and that I need to come in. So, that now chops me down to only having Thursday and Saturday off.... if I'm lucky, and I had to work 11 to get them! If you can't tell, I'm not a happy camper today.

I love you all and I will be back later if I don't go postal.

Last edited by QueenB; 01-22-2003 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #9  

Afternoon,

I am so proud of all of us, we seem to be on such a roll, we will be the biggest group of loser's yet.
Congrats to everybody, Sara is an official Party in order, is today your weigh in day, You must be on cloud 9.
I was thinking that it would be nice to do a weekly tally of everyones weight loss, from the beginning of the year, and then at the end of the year, we can tell how much we have lost as a group, you know like the Chub Club Rosie O'Donnell was doing on her show. So it would look something like this.

Trying Again for 2003
Total Loss Per Member
Kat 4lbs
Queen B 8.8
Duckie 5
Tonya 2.2
Thin 3
----------------------------------------------------
Total Group Loss 23

What do you think, I think it would be fun, so if you want to join pm me with your loss since the beginnig of the year and I'll update it every Friday and post it here.

Things are good food wise for me, exercise is still NIL, but drinking my water, and choosing healthy foods, but I think I eat way to many carbs, if my weight loss stops or slows down, I'll have to watch my carbs, but for now things seems to be going go.

Time for Lunch, check in later
Old 01-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Great idea! I PM'd my #s...this should be interesting!
Old 01-22-2003, 04:11 PM   #11  

Angry Good afternoon my lovelies!

Quick update here. I just wrote THE MOTHER of all journal entries for my WI Wednesday that finally brought me to goal! (Still wanting to lose 5+ pounds though before I'm done.) Check it out if you have a second!

Oh... btw, I know the question was asked a long time ago but I'm 5'7".

Sara
270/150/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 01-22-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #12  

Let me be the first to offically CONGRATULATE you

GO SARA GO SARA GREAT BIG
Old 01-22-2003, 05:51 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

First of all, let me say to Sara: Great job! I am so proud of you! You have been & will continue to be a fantastic source of inspiration to us.

BUT

I hope you are prepared to go down!! Cause I am gaining on you! Well, not gaining, I hope. Sometimes I look at my stats and it depresses me, because I way 5 lbs. more than what you started at. BUT, I'm certainly way less than what I started at. That would be 346.5.

70.7 lbs gone, but will never be forgotten. I am ready to be an inspiration!

Now, onto another note:

I am a terrible person.

I am mean, hateful and rude.

Chatty Cathy brought me a chocolate chip muffin to work this morning. Why? Because she knew I was tired and felt sorry for me because I had been called into work.
She even used lite ingredients.

Aren't you ashamed to know me?

I know I am!

Gotta hop out now.......on my way to church. From the looks of my attitude lately, I need it!

Have a great night and I'll see you later!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:28 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I have not done well in the food department today. But I will improve. Had lunch with a friend again today and instead of ordering a salad like I was going to, she talked me into having breakfast. I should know better, I should be better, but I wasn't!

Sara: Good going, girl! You did it, you're there. WooHoo!

2cute: My thoughts are with you, sweetie. We, read 'I' here, had to take away my dad's keys too. My God, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. Take a man's independence! You'd have thought I killed him! Good luck! I hope he doesn't decide the heck with it and just drive anyway without a license. How stubborn is he? My dad would have so we had to take the keys.[[[hugs]]]

Mary: Wow, your library is really busy. 200 people is alot of people to handle.

Katrina: 4 pounds! Good girl. All that exercise is paying off.

Duckie: That's a great idea about the tally. I tried to get that started some time back but it kind of fizzled. I'm down 6, not 3, since the first of the year.

Tina: You are a terrible, mean, hateful, rude person. My gosh, she's just trying to be nice. And her talkativeness (is that a word?) is probably to just be friendly. Ok, I'm just kidding about all that I just said. I was just repeating you. We know the real you and there isn't a terrible, mean, hateful, rude bone in your body!!!! Love ya!!! BTW, how many points were in the muffin and is the recipe worth sharing? Inquisitve minds want to know.

Well, my little chickies, I've been sitting in the chat room for 25 minutes and not a soul has come in so I'm guessing you all were just kidding about chatting on Wednesdays. I'm not going to sit in here all by myself any longer. It's no fun to keep on talking to myself.

You all behave yourselves. I'll see ya later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-22-2003 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:35 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, I just checked and I guess chat is at 7:30 EST instead of 7:00, so maybe I'll stick around for a little bit and see if any of you show up.
Closed Thread