Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #1  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Default 5 Things I'm Proud of This Week...How About You?

TOM is approaching like a freight train, so to remain positive, I thought I'd write down some good stuff instead of succumbing to the chocolate craving I'm battling with the 95 calories I have left for the day!

1) I usually do Biggest Loser Power Sculpt with 5 lb weights, but I rocked it out with 8 pounders the entire time yesterday! Whoo!

2) My size 16s are getting quite baggy on my butt and my size 14s are only giving me the slightest of muffins tops (last month I had a jumbo muffin top!)...so I should be able to wear them comfortably in the next few weeks!

3) I bought several of the Super Foods after reading glory87's goal post, and I've eaten 3 to 5 of them every day since!

4) I couldn't sign up for one of the classes I needed for my major when I registered today, so instead of getting discouraged, I signed up for one academic class that I was interested in and then looked up the physical education classes I interested in. I texted my best friend (and walking buddy) to see if she wanted to take Powerwalking with me. She did, but her schedule doesn't work--but I went ahead and signed up anyway! Looking forward to it!

5) I really was hungry, not just PMSing, so I peeled my self a nice delicious carrot and ate it instead of a candy bar while posting this!

What are you proud of this week??
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

1. This is my second week of dieting, and I am so close already to 170 from 179. I'm getting really excited to get into the 160's.

2. Like you, twice this week at night I got really hungry and I chose carrots. :} Yay us!

3. Boyfriend took me to McDonald's, on him, and guess what I ordered? A water bottle.

4. Worked into overtime this week... Can't wait til payday
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

Way to go ChubbyCheeks!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydays View Post
Way to go ChubbyCheeks!
Sorry, sorta random, but for my height [5'5] do you think 140lbs for a goal is appropriate? To much or too little?
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #5  
Every pound is a victory

I think it's great. Once you get there, you can see how you feel and reevaluate if necessary. I don't know if you're working out as well, but strength training can give you lean muscle, which looks great. But once you're at goal, see how you look and feel, how your clothes fit, etc., and then you'll know if you need to adjust!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

5 things?

1. I do believe my pants and capris are starting to get a little looser! Hopefully by the end of next month my older jeans will be able to fit comfortably on me!

2. Guess who hasn't overeaten this whole week?

3. Same with the PMSing guys. I legit turned down Nutella and chocolate and ate a carrot.

4. My family order pizza this weekend and I had ZERO slices. I stuck with my plan instead.

5. Doesn't really relate to weight loss but..... I cleaned my room so it's spotless and it looks like it stepped out of those home design magazines!
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

1. I decreased my mile time by 3 minutes on the elliptical machine yesterday!

2. My size 12 jeans are so baggy that I can pull them completely off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. They are so baggy in the crotch/upper thigh region that they look like another me could fit in them!

3. I went out to eat with my husband (because I have to learn to eat healthy in social situations, not just when I'm at home and only have salad as an option) to P.F. Chang's yesterday. PFC is family dining, and each of their meals is supposedly 3 servings. I used to eat the entire plate - 3 servings by myself! Yesterday, I counted out the pieces of chicken and limited myself to 1 serving! (Never thought this would happen in a million years.)

4. A stranger walked up to me at the gym and asked where the ab machines were. While this may not seem like a big deal, I thought Wait, this means that I look like a person who comes to the gym often enough to know where the machines are! Wee!

5. The office ordered Chop House for lunch Friday. I've been completely abstaining from their lunches, and Chop House is usually a bombshell for my daily calories. Instead of giving into temptation or just avoiding the situation all together, I ordered a house salad and skipped the bread! (Note: I plan to go back to just eating alone and avoiding the restaurant stuff next Friday. One of my coworkers is very cruel about my weight loss and managed to spend the entire meal talking about how wonderful her sandwich and french fries were. Maybe I'm being paranoid and PMS-y, but I think she did this on purpose just to be a douche. I'm much rather enjoy my home-packed lunch away from that toxicity.)
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #8  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

1. I swam a mile yesterday, for the first time ever!
2. I'm down for a 36DDD/F to a 36DD! Bigger boobs were a huge burden on my back, so I'm very happy about this.
3. I fit into my size nine jeans! I muffin top just a little, but I would wear them in public, with a somewhat looser shirt, and they'll fit perfectly very soon.
4. I recommitted to being a vegan this week.
5. I have been studying hard for my LSATs - not weight loss related, but still great!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #9  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

1) I realized my grumpiness and quickness to be cranky is directly related to the fact I am not emotionally eating.

2) Yesterday was a very trying day at work and I managed to avoid not stuffing my face with comfort food

3) I have avoided eating at work for 8 days now.

4) I have cut my one guilty pleasure down to only at work. (Cokes. Instead of stuffing my face with horrible fatty foods at work I will have a class of soda. Not the best alternative, but it works for me)

5) By cutting out the soda and eating at work I have lost 3 pounds this week.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #10  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
3. Same with the PMSing guys. I legit turned down Nutella and chocolate and ate a carrot.
Too funny, carrots are apparently all the rage this week! Anyway, awesome job!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #11  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieC87 View Post

4. A stranger walked up to me at the gym and asked where the ab machines were. While this may not seem like a big deal, I thought Wait, this means that I look like a person who comes to the gym often enough to know where the machines are! Wee!

One of my coworkers is very cruel about my weight loss and managed to spend the entire meal talking about how wonderful her sandwich and french fries were. Maybe I'm being paranoid and PMS-y, but I think she did this on purpose just to be a douche. I'm much rather enjoy my home-packed lunch away from that toxicity.)
I would think the same thing, awesome that you look like a regular at the gym! Aaaaand...not just you, your co-worker sounds like a jackass! Good job this week!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #12  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkaleidoscopic View Post
1. I swam a mile yesterday, for the first time ever!
Wow, awesome! WTG!! You're a machine!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #13  
Every pound is a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
1) I realized my grumpiness and quickness to be cranky is directly related to the fact I am not emotionally eating.

5) By cutting out the soda and eating at work I have lost 3 pounds this week.
Yes, I am exactly the same way--eating or lack thereof definitely influences my mood! WTG on the 3 lb loss, that's great!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #14  

1. I didn't go crazy and buy food when my parents left
2. I got a packet of my favourite gum and only had 2 pieces
3. I started strength training again
4. Cut down on my caffeine/sugary drink in take a LOT
5. I can see the start of a jaw line
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #15  
Every pound is a victory