3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How much do you eat? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/239931-how-much-do-you-eat.html)

MelloFatto 08-03-2011 09:09 PM

How much do you eat?

5 small meals or more? or three or more/less?

I noticed that the small meals works better for me but I just can't ever stick to it for some reason. I just get SICK of eating lol. Any tips?

xxkaleidoscopic 08-03-2011 09:24 PM

I do IF, so I eat between 12 PM and 4 PM, with my last meal usually being at 3:30. I know what you mean about getting sick of eating though, haha.

Horo 08-03-2011 09:34 PM

Usually, three meals and two snacks. Pretty standard, I think!

lin43 08-03-2011 09:43 PM

I eat three meals (sometimes two) and often have some kind of small dessert at night.

abluvion 08-03-2011 09:44 PM

If you're sick of eating so often, then don't! There is no rule that says you have to. In fact, research is mixed regarding its benefit (some studies have shown it makes you more food-focused to be eating all the time).

I eat 3x per day, breakfast lunch and dinner. If I am hungry before dinner and can't wait, I have a snack, but it don't need it every day. I make my meals big and satisfying enough to keep me for a few hours.

MelloFatto 08-03-2011 09:50 PM

I know I don't have to, but it seems to work best for me.

joyfulloser 08-03-2011 10:08 PM

I eat 6-8 times a day (b/l/d & lots and lots of snacking!!!:D)

ChickieChicks 08-03-2011 10:12 PM

3 meals, 3 mid-meals. I'm at 1200-1400 cals, so I really have to space it out.

April Snow 08-03-2011 10:15 PM

on my plan, I eat when I'm hungry, period. Some days that might be two meals, some days, it could be 3 meals and 3 snacks. I don't make myself eat, but I don't have to refrain from eating when hungry. (it has to be low fat and low/no carb but the amount is not limited)

toastedsmoke 08-03-2011 10:16 PM

I eat 2-3 times a day. Most often though i try to eat a moderate breakfast, a snack lunch and a large dinner. I'm not one for little meals and pecking at food all day. I like to be full and I also like to limit my interactions with food. All that snacking and constant eating is a slippery slop to binge town for me.

wagfam 08-03-2011 10:16 PM

I usually have Lunch and Dinner and a lot of snacks

Morning: coffee and a yogurt
Lunch (11am) whatever my hubby packs me
Snack(2pm) banana and a granola bar
Dinner (5-6pm)
snack (7-8pm)
icecream or a fudgcicle (not everyday but about every other around 9pm)

shishkeberry 08-03-2011 10:23 PM

The only meal that I have consistently is dinner with my kids. Other than that I eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes that's two small meals and a big dinner and sometimes it's just dinner and some light snacks. Eating too many small meals can lead to binging for me. I also don't feel satisfied after a meal unless I'm really full. That's why I eat big dinners. But I try to cram mostly vegetables in there lol

RachelAnne 08-03-2011 10:45 PM

I'm a HUGE snacker, so I eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. It keeps me satisfied and away from munching on things I don't need. My meals and snacks are scattered throughout the day....they usually last from about 10am to 8pm.

ahyessophie 08-03-2011 11:08 PM

I eat when I'm hungry, but I always have breakfast. Lately it's been:

Breakfast at 7:30
Half of my lunch around 11:30
Half of my lunch around 12:30
a snack at 2:30
Dinner at 5:30-6

Weekends are more like two big meals because I sleep in :)

If I work out, I have something like a hard boiled egg afterward also. I might try protein shakes soon but right now I don't know enough about them.

rubidoux 08-03-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishkeberry (Post 3972333)
The only meal that I have consistently is dinner with my kids. Other than that I eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes that's two small meals and a big dinner and sometimes it's just dinner and some light snacks. Eating too many small meals can lead to binging for me. I also don't feel satisfied after a meal unless I'm really full. That's why I eat big dinners. But I try to cram mostly vegetables in there lol

This is a lot like me. I can't be eating all the time or all I want to think about is eating and I'll end up binging. I've gotten into a schedule of eating once a day around 6 or 7 pm. I eat a big satisfying meal, usually around 1100 or so calories (I also have between 125 and 250 cals worth of cream in my coffee during the day). Before I started experimenting with this way of eating, though, I didn't think I could last more than 3 or 4 hours without food, and I wasn't comfortable with that. Now I have tons of energy and I love my one big meal, but I don't think and worry and scheme about food any more.