Lose Ten Pounds by September 1st!

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • OK, I'll start it because I'm super motivated this month to make it a better month after getting derailed last month. Sick kids (for almost 3 weeks) and a week long vacation are not kind to losing weight or maintaining an exercise program. I was thrilled in the end to lose 4.2 pounds, but that's a far cry from 10 pounds.

So, this month join me for the 10 pounds challenge. Rules are: must be healthy weight loss - no starvation stuff going on to lose the ten pounds. If you end up losing ANYTHING in the month, you've had a successful month - always remember that. So rule two - no dropping out if you feel aren't going to make the challenge. This is not a competition. It's a friendly way to keep us accountable. Reality is, most of us will not reach the 10 pounds and that's NORMAL!

You can check in whenever you want. I'll keep track of people's losses and will post them weekly and at the end (unless someone else is dying to do that for me).

If you want to, add to the weight loss column the number of hours you worked out for the week too. Keeping track of that can be motivating. My goal is to exercise at least 25 hours this month (works out to be about taking 1 day off a week).

Like last month, I personally will be weighing daily, but just weigh in whenever you want along the way.

Ready, set, go!!!!
  • So, I'll start:

August 1st: 193.2
    Goal weight by September 1st: 183.2 (25 hours exercise)
  • Hi, I would like to join you.

August 1st: 224.8
    Goal weight by Sept 1st: 214.8 (22 hours of exercise)

We CAN do this!

Jacqui
  • I want to jump in on this one too, I'd love to be into the 140's by the first day of school (about a week later than this), but I highly doubt I'll make it that far in such a short time.

SW: 161.8
    GW: 151.8

8/1 - 161.8
    8/2 - 160.3
  • I would love to join you too. Last month was awesome and I stayed really motivated! keeping track of exercise will be good for me also.

August 1 - 160.8
    September 1 - 150.8 (Goal)
    Exercise 40 hours (Goal)
  • I'll join. I need accountability right now.
    Aug 1st: 190 lbs
    Sept 1st: 180lbs

I figure I'll drop the first two quickly since TOM has arrived. Today I'm 191 but it's the last day I tend to "bloat"
  • I would like to join! I've powered through my plateau (hopefully) and am feeling positive about this month

SW: 166
    GW: 156

I know I won't reach 156, so I'll be happy for under 160 as my unofficial goal

Good luck everyone!
  • I'll go for it. My weight was bouncing around wildly all month, so I failed miserably last time.

start weight, August 1st: 174.4
    August 6th: 171.2
    goal weight, Sept 1st: 164.4
  • Hey! I'd like to check in! I'm at 200.6 today after a vacation to the beach. My lowest weight has been 189.9. Looking forward to getting back there!

SW: 200.6
    GW: 190.6
  • I'm in!
    Sw: 133.4
    Gw: 123.4
  • I'm in!

Starting weight: 165
    Goal weight: 155

I wasn't in the challenge since I joined last month. I lost 8lbs in July so hopefully I can have another successful month!
  • I'll join.

Last week 2 people asked "when are you due?" So I REALLY want this. Plus 10th anniversary cruise leaves sept 17th.

Starting weight - 164.6
    Goal weight - 154.6
  • Thanks for starting this berryblondeboys!

I weigh myself every day, too, but will be using Thursdays as my official day since that's the only one I log.

SW:224
    GW:214

Now I'm all pumped and excited!!!!!!!
  • I'm totally in! I have vacation the middle of Sept and plan to be under 200 lbs. so I need the accountability and motivation. Last month was 5 lbs so I have to step it up a little in the next 6 weeks.

SW (7/27): 213.4
    GW (8/31): 203.4
  • I'm In!!

August 2: 269.2
    September 1: 259.2
    Start working out