Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #61  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I wish I could take credit for the bracelet idea, but I got the idea from someone else on 3fc. I just thought it would work best for me. Clothes don't work because I will have to buy them anyway. Food is a bad idea. And i've never been one for manicures or pedicures or mindless shopping. My SIL is a hair dresser so my haircuts are always free. lol so that didn't leave me with anything else. But I'm a kandi kid and I knew that getting some more cheap bling would make me happy. I got my charms at hobby lobby and between the three charms, three beads, and the bracelet I spent about $17. None of the charms they had there were more than $4 and most were less. I think the next charm I'll get at 40lbs is the four leaf clover they had.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #62  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

hi everyone! thanks so much for the compliments on my progress pics i still have a long ways to go but seeing those, i think i can get there if i keep at it...this 205ish range is where i've always gotten down to and couldnt ever get past so i'm hoping i can break through it...

DH was sooo nice, i showed him the progress pics and i was kind of hard on myself for that one right after our son was born cuz i look sooo much heavier and he told me to stop it and told me that i wasnt THAT heavy and not to worry because i'd just given birth to a baby and that was a beautiful thing

he told me he'll be my "sugar daddy" next weekend and buy me some nice clothes that fit for when i start work next week i keep telling him not to, because the kids need clothes more than i do, but he insists....so i suppose i will LOL

ending at about 1530 calories today and 109 carbs....had some rice today, which i havent had in months, but i was able to keep it to a portion and not dive into it....had some fresh baked halibut and a few bites of corn...

in the native village up on the coast, the brown bears are getting aggressive and hungry...it's been a scarce food summer up there for the bears...one of the brown bears (which are larger than the blackies here) tore through the front door of DH's elderly mom's house in the village, destroyed it...luckily someone was around with a gun to get rid of the bear...tonight DH and his brother bought a new door and it's going on the ferry tomorrow up to the village to replace it

it's tough not having roads that link our villages around here....all spread out along the coast and islands for hundreds of miles...things either go by plane or ferry here...i remember one year before thanksgiving, our nephew came to town with his wrestling team...we shopped for thanksgiving food to send back with him and packed a whole suitcase full of food to go on the plane with him back to the village...duct taped that suitcase shut and got him to the airport...the biggest frozen turkey, though, was too big for the suitcase so that was his "carry on" when he got on the plane...and NO ONE seemed to think this was odd LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post

As I type this I'm ignoring my son who is whining about not being able to play Wii Sport. To get Wii Sport he has to watch a new movie. He doesn't want to do that, so I'm instructed to ignore him completely until he tires of whining and then I propose the bargain again.

Yes, I know... doing the hard work now will prevent problems and more work later, but I'm sooooooo tired of it. Especially being sleepy and dealing with hormones.

The good news - I'm not eating to make myself feel better. I think I really have conquered that demon over the course of the years.
Oh man, Berry, this sounds like advice someone who only deals with kids in 30-60 minute sessions would give. Tires of whining? Does that happen? It sounds exhausting. Good luck to you.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #64  

Weigh-in was 195.2 this morning.

Yesterday was a good day. I finished up something at work and got to move on to the next thing, which I was itching to do. Someone I work with who likes to fish brought me some salmon from Lake Ontario (and some tires for my Subaru. We had the same car and he kept his tires for me when he got rid of his.) so dinner was easy to decide on. I got out for a walk after dinner. I live in an economically depressed region and town, and it's easy to see the downsides. But on my brief walk I ran into some friends and chatted for a while, and then after I'd gone on my way, I stopped in at the library, which I passed just before closing time, and was asked by name if I needed help. Good to be reminded of the perks of living in a town like mine. And, when I subtracted out the time I spent not walk, My walking speed was just over 16 min/miles. It's more and more becoming just the speed I walk.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great day.

Weigh In: 143.2
No change
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #66  

Larry, keep us posted! Hope everything's OK.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

I sort of skipped out for the weekend - it was a long weekend in Canada, and now I'm paying for it on the scale. Back at it today. Will have to catch up later!

See you, and have a great OP day, everyone!
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #68  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

After suffering from an agonizing gall bladder attack last night my weigh in this morning was 168.6 but I am not going to get attached to is because I will say that most of it can be attributed to dehydration due to vomiting. I'm feeling better this morning but my stomach is pretty sore. I'm gonna see how I feel tonight and attempt to go jogging since I missed out last night. My weigh in should be more accurate tomorrow.

SW: 172.2
CW: 168.6
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #69  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Quick check in 218.2 (+0.4) from 217.8 on 7/31....I'll take it, 217.8 was a 1lb drop! so what's 0.4 amongst friends...it's 220 I plan to never see again

I will try to leave personals this weekend!!!
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #70  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone! Day two - feeling good. I was totally on plan yesterday and have today's menu planned out and logged in. I did one of my old workout tapes last night (yes, VHS!) and I'm a little sore today, but ready to move on.

DZackery - sorry to hear about your attack. Those are so painful. The last one I had was in the middle of a camping weekend with family and friends. I spend the weekend in the camper. Hope you are feeling much better today.
Larry - Hope you are also feeling better today and relieved of some of the water weight.
Zoodoo - I love living in a small town! Although, some nights I put my headphones on and keep my head down or I end up stopped every few blocks. But, it's good to know that if I collapsed on the street someone would find me immediately. Haha!
AlaskanL - Way to go on the pictures and the offer. I have worked for the State of IL. Early Intervention System for the past 19 years. We serve children with developmental delays and disabilities and their families. Very rewarding working with all those little ones. Good for you!
Shisk - I am not one to spend money frivolously either. When I was losing before I bought a workout song from itunes every 5 pounds. I have an excellent playlist for walking/jogging to now. Pump It by the Blackeyed Peas will really get you moving!
BerryBB - I feel for you. Autism is a very trying condition to deal with. Keep strong!
Vixsin - Congrats on your anniversary!!! Look how far you've come! Congrats!
Mamakat - 8 is great!!! Way to go!
IMJB - Hang in there. There's lots of motivation and uplifting support here! You can do it...just put your mind to it. (magnet on my fridge).
Okay...everyone else have a FANTASTIC day!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #71  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Roadbiker: Hope your weekend was fun! What did you crazy kids do? Back on that horse, no worries!!

DZ: I hope you feel better! Take it easy today. Get lots of fluids and rest. Maybe some nice incline walking instead of hardcore jogging today? Be kind to yourself and let your body heal. As long as you're focused on your eating, you can miss another day of exercise. Your body will thank you for it in the end.

Diana: I love watching you in maintenance range. Have you ventured over to the other forums for maintainers and featherweights? What are they like?

Zoodoo: Great job! I know how great it feels when I can finally put one project down at work and finally get to start something new.

boatingmom: Thank you for the congrats and welcome!! This is a great place! I look forward to getting to know you. Great job on being on plan. Dont feel bad, I still have VHS too.

So TOM's on his way out either today or tomorrow. Get to steppin' TOM!!!!!

Whoosh this morning down 1.2 to 186.6. I am on plan today. Got everything logged into MFP. Thinking about supper tonight. I'm going for some baked chicken that I marinated in a new dressing. that it'll be good. OH!!!!!! Speaking of salad dressings, my health conscious friends. Marie's Yogurt Dressings - I bought the ranch flavor at my walmart on a whim because I'm always looking for new things that are healthy and yummy. I had high hopes for this one because it was creamy ranch. I really wanted it to taste good. BOY DID IT EVER!!!!!!!!!!! You guys, it's like real, full fat ranch dressing. Only it's not as salty. It is so ridiculously good. I'm going back and buying another bottle today because my first one is almost gone. I've used it almost everyday since I got it. Here's a link to it: http://www.maries.com/product-detail...utrition-facts The best part of this for me is that it has only 70 calories per serving. The sodium isn't horrible, it's far better than other dressings I've had in my fridge. It tastes just like regular ranch dressing.

Forgot to tell you that I made lower cal pigs in a blanket this weekend. Maxwell LOVED them!! I used Jennie-O turkey hot dogs (70 cals ea). I used regular crescent rolls that I got at Price Rite (100 cals ea) but I cut each of the rolls in half. So I used half a hot dog and half a crescent, rolled them up and baked them. 80 calories each. I was so proud of myself. Maxwell gobbled them up like they were going out of style. I think I need to start writing down all of my creations so I can keep track of them. LOL

Last edited by Vixsin; 08-02-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #72  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I should have posted this last night, but I was far too tired!

Monday’s Menu

Cottage Cheese, Fresh Peach, Banana Blueberry Nut Bread ~339
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad 195
Powerbar 300
Banana Blueberry Nut Bread ~200
Total ~ 1034

Water: 112 oz
(still not enough to run an hour in 100 degree heat with a heat index of 110F)
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #73  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

boatingmommy- Thanks for the thoughts, this is only my second time having the attacks. My husband is having a hard time with them because my symptoms fit an appendicitis. My doctor said that it is structurally sound but he thinks it's a functional issue...I dont know. How do you avoid getting attacks?

Vixsin- I think I am going to stick to crackers and water today. I need to get my fluid level back up and I am afraid to eat anything else. LOL I don't have the option of doing an incline walk but I can walk around the lake. HEHE we don't have many inclines here in scrambletown.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #74  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

DZ: to this thread. OUCH! Sorry about ur GB attack. What a crummy way to lose weight. You’re in great company here. I’ve lost the same 20lbs for the 3rd time now!

Alaskan: on your progress!! You look amazing for the weight you’ve lost! Keep at it gf. You’re doing so great! “sugar daddy”

Shish: What a CUTE idea with the bracelet, even if it was a borrowed idea!! I used to love Hobby Lobby. My friend and I would go every week, and then I moved

JenIansmom: One bad day does not have to control you. Get right back up and start afresh! You can do it!!

Hiya MamaKat How was the Bronx Zoo?? I have visited almost all of the southern, western, eastern states, but never the northern ones. I would love to visit that zoo.

iUSAn: Great job for your WI! WTG
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #75  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Dzachery..I had gallbladder attacks. You must be exhausted as they are very painful. I was told that high fat foods can set them off..ie chocolate or food with butter. Are you seeing a Dr? Hope you feel better.

I am the same weight today..no change..I am patiently waiting for the scale to move. Yesterday a friend gave me a whole set of clothes she did not want. I am so happy to have new clothes for work!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote