Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #151  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Howdy ya'll!

Soooo...I went to lunch with my folks. Got half a sandwich and a cup of french onion soup. Never had that kind before. Came home and calculated everything...and I am already at 1,100 calories. o_0

Apparently french onion soup is loaded...! So I had lunch, some protein, and I'm done for the day. Oops...
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #152  
BlockHead =)

Diane: allergies are weird. I was allergic to all sorts of stuff as a kid (had the skin tests and even shots for awhile) but since I've moved I have a lot less trouble than I used to even with all the same plants and molds around. So far I don't have food allergies. It must be frustrating. I hope you are able to get some concrete answers.

zoodoo: congrats on the walk being easier. So, I guess those "15-minute mile people" DO exist yay for you!

Mojojuju and K9: thank you

iamerican: sending wooooosh vibes your way!

Maile: woooooosh vibes for you too!

and woooooosh vibes for Vixsin!

berry: it all sounds far too yummy congrats on the .6

still: great job maintaining and good luck at the craft show...sounds like a lot of work but hopefully a good pay off and fun

DZ: congrats on the weight sticking and great choice to pass up the pancakes. I have been on the search for a low carb pancake that tastes decent that I can have as a treat once in awhile. I've tried several things. So far none tastes decent.

Mojojuju: congrats on the running!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #153  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Okay ladies, I'm back... I fell off the wagon and regained 5 of my 25 lbs lost... time to recommit! Also, I will be having nasal surgery 1 week from tomorrow to correct a severely impacted deviated septum. I think it may be hard to stay on track while I"m that out of it, so I'd like to get a plan in place and groceries bought before surgery. Off to buy healthier food... BBL

Last edited by Andejean; 08-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

Larry[/B]: You’ve got me hanging by a thread here! How is your edema today? The reason you are probably not short of breath is this: as you know, there are 2 sides of the heart, the right side and the left. Blood is pumped into the right side via the atria, through the ventricle, then to the lungs, then the left atria, left ventricle then out of the aorta where it supplies the entire body (going to the brain 1st), and the cycle repeats itself. When you have right-sided heart issues, you have edema in the extremities—such as you have described. When you have left-sided heart issues, blood backs up in the lungs 1st and causes pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs), which is where the SOB (shortness of breath) comes into play. Sometimes, patients have one or the other, and sometimes a combo of both. Your food choices over the past few weeks with your sodium intake is what is scaring me. You know better than to flush your particular sodium with water! This will NOT help your specific condition. Good job on sticking to the fluid restriction. Those are tough, especially in the summer when it’s so hot outside!
I still have pitting edema on my ankles only and then only after sitting a while. I would estimate an 80% improvement since Monday. I have lost 20 of the 25 pounds that I gained. I have been super careful about sodium and fluids.
I had a total of 17 ounces of fluid intake today and only after getting thirsty for the first time since Monday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday sodium intake was 1410, 945 and 1291 mg. Today was the first day that I drank more than 16 ounces of fluid. I have no discomfort and no shortness of breath at all. As a matter of fact I feel great!! My BP at the doctor's was a normal for me 112/50. The doctor spent a lot of time listening to my heart and lungs. Nothing unusual. I see the doctor again on Monday and other actions may be taken depending on my condition on Monday.

I have "temporarily" cut my calorie consumption to help reduce my sodium intake. I am eating strictly at home and I am doing all the cooking so that I know exactly what my sodium and calorie intake is. I add no sodium while cooking and I add none at the table. I am also making a concerted effort to find low sodium and no salt added food ingredients at the supermarket for my cooking.

225 pounds today down from 245 on monday

The Third week of Calorie Cycling

8/1/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 714 (937 under)
8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was 1040 (161 under)
8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 951 (550 under)
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was
8/5/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was
8/6/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/7/11 - Sun -goal 1501 calories - actual was

Total so far for the week is 1648 calories under

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Diana, I am so sorry for your loss of Magnum!! All I can offer is a big hug

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #156  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Checking in at 219.4...i think...i have to check the other thread where I noted my weight this am ...at any rate...up 1.?...will stick to plan....!
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #157  
BlockHead =)

Larry,
Soooo glad things are getting back to normal with the edema. I know you were in my thoughts and those of all on the thread.

I would love it if you'd be willing to share any "secrets" or "great finds" for low sodium ingredients. I just started tracking sodium and I am appalled at how much there is in everything! DH and I both work full time and it's hard to find the time (or gumption) to cook everything from scratch. I thought we were doing pretty good with making stuff about half from scratch, but I am seriously shocked by how much sodium is in what we eat Even the "less sodium" soy sauce I've had in the fridge forever has 575mg per TB!!

I'm not looking to go low sodium, I'd just like to be able to stay within the recommended daily allowance.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #158  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have no idea how to figure out how many calories that lasagna for supper had. I could reconstruct it and make a recipe, but ugh!!!

Ok, just added it. Lasagna is not a diet friendly food! WOW! I ate two smallish squares and that's 984 calories (I'll have to double check the number of squares the pan made). But, fit within my calories for today as I didn't eat lunch, phew! However, I will want to eat a serving of Sonja's birthday dessert. It took me over three hours to prepare it, so skipping it would be torture! (just one serving though - to make sure it turned out ok, don't you know?).

Plus, I was on my feet cooking for over 6 hours today! Wow! No wonder I'm tired!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #159  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I truly appreciate them. I really feel the love and support from everyone.

This has been a lot more difficult than we even thought it would be. Tonight we went to one of the islands to eat. I wanted to have a different routine tonight than what we normally have. We always get home quickly to let Magnum out. Anyways, we went to a new restaurant. The food was very expensive and there was limited healthier items for me. We decided to share a plate. I had some fried foods, but we shared everything. So I ate food that was not very good for me, in moderation.

I am happy to report that I have not turned to food for comfort. I was going to put off my workout, but decided against that. Not doing a workout won't fix anything.

Zoodoo It sounds like your stamina is increasing with your walking. That's a great NSV!

Erica Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

Maile

Berry Congrats on the .6 and for hitting the gym!

Still If you are having those symptoms, I'll bet that your thyroid meds are a little low.

Haggis Hi

Vixsin Congrats on the .6, and Bye Bye TTOM!

K9 I love your new avatar. You are so pretty.

DZackery I'm glad that drop in the scale stuck for you!

Sontaikle Hi It could just be a daily fluctuation, too.

Mojojuju Hmm, you hold on to a lot of water, too. When is your next Dr. appointment. I hope there is a simple explanation for the water weight.

Mlgibson Have you heard that within the year, the calories in foods are suppose to be posted at all the major chain restaurants. I think that will be a big help for the calories counters.

Jeniansmom Hi

Andejean Hi It's good to see you.

Larry I'm glad to hear the water weight is going away and all your vitals were OK at the Dr's office. I'm hoping there's nothing serious going on with you. Please keep us updated.

LGW Keep that focus!

Shishkeberry Hmm, a bat? Wanna guess how loud I would be screaming?

Roadbikerchick Hi

Shells Hi

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I am so sorry.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #160  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1390 Calories +
My calories showing seem low, but I had fried foods for dinner. Fried foods seem to have more calories than we normally think. I am unsure of the exact calories and exactly how much I ate since DH and I shared a meal. I'm not hungry, so that's all that matters for right now.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories) I have room here, in case my calculations are wrong
About 15 french fries 150 calories
5 grilled shrimp 100 calories
4 grilled scallops 50 calories
Shared coleslaw 100 calories
1/2 fried flounder filet 150 calories
8 fried clam strips 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #161  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

July 31 217.8

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #162  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Well, I checked his room again tonight and still no bat. Did DF and I both imagine it? Lol no idea but it's not there now. I'm still keeping that door shut just in case.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #163  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Logged another 2 miles today. I was in a rush to get back so we could get ready for church and ended up shaving 15 minutes off my time! I need a sweet....icecream sandwich? or apple?.......FINE....apple it is.

Shish- My husband and I both heard the mouse trap snap and a mouse squeal...but no mouse...go figure. LOL

Last edited by DZackery; 08-03-2011 at 10:50 PM.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #164  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quick NSV I am down in 4 pant sizes! After the summer is over I will retire my capris like I did last years pants. I was gonna get some clearance items today but opted to see what fashion will look like next year. I never know if I'll lose it slow or fast so I'll wait. My wardrobe is thinning out that's for sure.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #165  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

checking in at the end of the evening....i'm at 1310 calories and 84 carbs...been trying to get my carbs a little lower again, they got higher than i wanted for a week or so...went shopping for healthy foods tonight and, ugh, it's spendyyy here...a bag of cherries for $6.45 and Fage yogurt is $2/container (the SMALL containers)....got my hair cut really short again tonight and now i'm coloring it back to a nice dark red-brown...need to rinse off the color and finish cleaning the kitchen but its only 9 p.m....i have a whole other hour left lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote