Is it possible and healthy??

• As of right now my weight is 258 I started tracking and really trying to lose again on 7/21/11. That day I weighed in at 267, so in a week and 3 days I have lost a total of 9 lbs. My question is would it be possible and healthy as well to lose ten lbs. a month for the next 5 months to lose a total of 60 pounds?? I will then be 198 )) would love to see onederland by christmas!!
  • 10 pounds a month is 2.5 pounds a week. That falls in line with a healthy weight loss. You might lose more in the beginning, and will hit plateaus, etc, but 10 pounds a month is definately doable!
  • Thanks I think I am going to try my hardest even if I don't make it to onederland by Christmas I should make it pretty close!
  • GFI (go for it)!!!

That plan sounds reasonable and something that is totally within your reach. Although I try not to give myself time-oriented goals anymore, isn't it fun to think about how all those 2 lb losses add up so quickly?!
  • Tuende - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm trying not to give it a time limit but just thinking that it COULD happen if I try really hard gets me motivated. I think I will be okay if I just lose 30 pounds by Christmas as long as I keep on losing!
  • Last time, I lost the first 100lbs in ten months (288-188) by calorie counting alone. For my body, it worked.
  • WOW! 100 lbs in 10 months is great! I really hope this works out for me I can't stand this weight anymore!
  • When I was heavier, I consistently lost 8- 10 pounds a month following a diet of 1300 - 1600 calories a day. It can be done