Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Angry A weensy scale versus exercise vent

Okay. So. This week I stepped it up a notch with exercise. I did two zumba classes and two BodyPump classes, as opposed to my usual walks or elliptical sessions. My activity points (I'm on WW) jumped from 20 to 38 - nearly double what I usually do.

In addition to that, I tracked everything that went in my mouth, met all my health guidelines, yada yada yada. I worked miracles this week, people.

So this morning, I got on the scale (my WI isn't until tonight at WW, but I like to have some idea of what it's going to say) and I was UP 2.4 POUNDS.

Yes, I know it's water weight. Yes, I know that it's brought on due to my body freaking out and my muscles being sore and all the other things. But I would just like to scream for a second about how much it sucks that you can do EVERYTHING right and the scale still decides to point and laugh!

Okay, that's it, vent over. I will continue on the good road this week, keep up the exercise, and eventually science (and drinking a metric crap-ton of water) has to win out.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Yes. The scale is ! We have to stop giving it so much power over us! (self included). Let's find other ways to measure our progress!

Congrats on the increased exercise -- don't you feel good that you can do that?!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I hear you! LOL. Same thing happens to me! I had a 5k on Saturday, right after a GREAT weigh in that morning, and then I was up 4lbs Sunday morning. It's water weight, and it's already coming off... I'll be okay. Oh well.

We can do this!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I feel great in the classes, yes, and I'm definitely proud of myself! I'm putting myself on a water drinking regimen this week - will be meeting all my water requirements, every day, darn it.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I'm pretty sure you could replace the scale with a magic 8 ball. It seems to have that much correlation with my eating/exercise actions. I just wish I could keep stepping on it until I get the result I want because it does matter to me!

I had the same thing happen to me this past two weeks. I've upped my exercise and had a stall, stall, stall. FINALLY this morning, I am down 1lb. I am trying not to see it as a lot of work to lose 1lb, but the beginning of a woosh. Yes, I drank a small lake yesterday trying to get some of the water gone and I am sure it didn't hurt. I'm working on another one today and still going to my class tonight.

I figure that we aren't some freak of science and that eventually it will have to work. Keep on keepin' on! I'm right there with ya!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

I'm throwing out my scale!!!
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I went up 6lbs this past week. Talk about annoyed, I very nearly literally threw my scale away. Just keep with eating right and exercising, it'll pay off!
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I know you are joking/venting and I'm glad you are moving on.

But don't let the scale become your emotion meter. It's only a scale, and it isn't even the only tool with which to mark progress. Anyone facing long haul weight loss has to face healthy attitude too.

GL!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-27-2011 at 02:21 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote