Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #16  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

The majority of my workouts are at the gym, so the heat isn't doing anything for that, but I'm so mad I can't go running right now! I've tried, but I just can't go as far as I usually can and I'm just afraid of overdoing it in this heat.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #17  
300+ Chick

Oh yes!! Brutal heat near me and can't dance in the 100 degree condition..sweating enough on just climbing stiairs daily.Hoping I can start my dancing regimen next week when it cools down. Stay cool!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #18  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

For me, as it gets hotter and muggier, the less I can sleep, and then that affects my resolve to make the good choices. Lack of sleep = me dragging my butt = me overeating = me not exercising.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #19  

Height: 5'11"

Yes -- no outside exercising, reduced indoor intensity. I have trouble breathing in humid conditions -- no steam rooms for me! -- so I have to be aware of how my lungs are handling the weather conditions. That being said, I had a great 30-minute punching workout with my trainer last night (in the AC, of course!), but then followed it with 30 min of assisted stretching, rather than pushing the heart rate envelope.
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #20  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yes, part of my exercise is getting off the subway early and walking to work, and then after work walking that extra distance back. it's been too brutally hot these past couple of days to do that. I did get to the gym (Y) today. I think Monday it's supposed to get back down to livable temps, ha. What are you going to do.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
The majority of my workouts are at the gym, so the heat isn't doing anything for that, but I'm so mad I can't go running right now! I've tried, but I just can't go as far as I usually can and I'm just afraid of overdoing it in this heat.
I've been amazed at the people I see jogging. Yesterday morning, I saw several people jogging. It was at least 90 already. I don't know how they were doing it (and, to be honest, I was a little worried that I might see someone pass out; a few people looked like they were ready to).

This morning was marginally better, so I managed to ride my bike for 35 minutes, do some light housecleaning, my [very light] strength training routine, and even that 10-minute sit-up routine I've been meaning to get to. I fit all this in between 5:40 - 9:30 this morning. I'm glad I did because right now, it's hot as Hades, and the best I can do is type this from my [one] air-conditioned room.

Stay cool!
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #22  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin43 View Post
I've been amazed at the people I see jogging. Yesterday morning, I saw several people jogging. It was at least 90 already. I don't know how they were doing it (and, to be honest, I was a little worried that I might see someone pass out; a few people looked like they were ready to).

This morning was marginally better, so I managed to ride my bike for 35 minutes, do some light housecleaning, my [very light] strength training routine, and even that 10-minute sit-up routine I've been meaning to get to. I fit all this in between 5:40 - 9:30 this morning. I'm glad I did because right now, it's hot as Hades, and the best I can do is type this from my [one] air-conditioned room.

Stay cool!
You stay cool too!

I am also amazed at people I see running great distances in the heat. Yesterday was brutal over here (hit 106 where I was! Heat index made it feel like over 110) so I didn't even bother trying, but a friend of mine did 3 miles! She said she loves it in the heat, but I wonder how she didn't pass out!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

I still jog my 2 miles, 4 times a wk but it's hot as crap! I almost had to walk some of my distance yesterday and had to lay under the fan when I got in the house. I run on asphalt, so it's even hotter than normal!!! And it stinks when the asphalt gets hot. Thank goodness I'm a slow runner! I saw some chick running in town today that looked like she was gonna pass out. I'm sure I look like that when I get going too!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #24  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

No, because I go to the gym, and mine is so well air-conditioned, it should probably serve as an emergency cooling station for senior citizens.

Usually when I'm out in weather like this, I lose my appetite. But since I'm in an air-conditioned office, gym or home all the time, I'm eating as much as if the weather were cool. Except for my iced black coffee, which I drink so much it's probably interfering with my sleep patterns.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Temperatures have returned to tolerable levels the past couple days where I live.. still hot, but tolerable. Thank goodness! My workouts will still take place indoors but will be much longer than the ones I've been doing this past week.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
No, because I go to the gym, and mine is so well air-conditioned, it should probably serve as an emergency cooling station for senior citizens.
LOL!! My local Starbucks is like that, but the only exercise I get there is lifting coffee to mouth.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #27  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
For me, as it gets hotter and muggier, the less I can sleep, and then that affects my resolve to make the good choices. Lack of sleep = me dragging my butt = me overeating = me not exercising.
Me too!

The heat is totally messing with my exercise. It's been between 97-110 here for almost a week with high humidity. I dont have AC (broke last summer) and we usually only have a few sporatic hot days like this. I can't even funtion and moving in excess is out of the question. My asthma which has been in check since Feb is acting up. We have been doing everything to stay cool (fans are not enough) from sitting in a pool (think large kiddie bc the lake by our house is like warm bathwater augh) to hanging out at the movies. BTW-Captain America was great. This is my second day of not eating great either, which is my own fault. Can't wait for this to break already.

Last edited by sheramama; 07-23-2011 at 08:37 PM.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone! I'm in Canada and we have been experiencing the biggest heat wave in like a hundred years or something..
yesterday it was close 50 celsius 110-120s Farenheight( with the humididy...soo hot....
... we canadians are not used to the heat...ugh.. I feel like a cooked slug
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 265/210/125

Height: 5'0"

Yep. I don't go to a gym, and we have no AC in the house, so I haven't exercised. Also ordered takeout on the worst of the days because it was too hot the cook in the house (though I controlled my portions significantly). It has started to cool down compared to how it was, but it's still miserable out there.
cortandcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Slim! omg! i'm in Sask and we've had a little bit of heat last week 30-36 C not sure what the humidity was and we've all been watching Ont and the eastern coast

I have been finding it isnt so much the heat that is getting me, we're used to dry heat here...(it isnt often that its muggy) but its the BUGS that are making me insane and not want to walk (we have ALOT of standing water because of the rains - not something we're used to here). I'm a person who does NOT get bug bites, they bite me yes but i don't react and get the red bites or itchy. So i'm finding that there is just so many bugs i cannot enjoy my walk...or my pup!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote