Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 AM   #1  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Red face Tears and chocolate go together but not Diets and chocolate :(

Well..you could say i had a rough night, or more like a rough two days..After being in a fight with another employee and getting chewed out all day at work..there was no more energy left to do anything except cry. Unfortunately crying took place at work with said employee whom i was mad at.. The good news is..i survived and got through it and me and said employee are on good terms and are starting fresh..Him being a guy and me being a girl..he understood just what any crying girl needs..ChOCOLATE!!!..

Not this girl. Yes.. i endulged in a bar of chocolatey mint goodness..and i will admit after crying for all that time and in front of an employee whom you never wanted to see you cry in the first place...Chocolate was pretty amazing tasting..HOWEVER..neither my waistline nor my stomach agree with this..Now i have that terrible "uhgh" feeling..the feeling of "oh my god im going to die" ...the feeling of "someone get me a laxative quick!" kind of feeling..

Well..that and i want to go to sleep now feeling cause im really tired from crying..

Anywho..moral of the story: chocolate and crying=good but not for diets..So better soloution..well..find a different soloution is the soloution to it..lol..when i come up with a better go to food..i will let you know..or you can let me know what your go to food is!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

A bar of chocolate sounds worth it if you managed to patch up your relationship with a colleague, and you were definitely under more than enough stress to warrant a treat. If the relationship with your colleague went wrong big-time, the resultant stress could lead to a lot more chocolate-eating than just one bar! The odd slip-up happens to everyone, the important thing is to take it in your stride and go straight back on plan without beating yourself up about it. Guilt will just lead to bingeing.

When you say "someone get me a laxative quick", are you referring to constipation (which doesn't get caused by a bar of chocolate last I checked), or a desire to purge? "oh my god I'm going to die" also sounds like an extreme reaction to a single bar of chocolate. The only occasions I can think of when I could get an extreme physical reaction to a bar of chocolate would be if it had triggered a migraine (pretty nasty), or in my current state, when I have gallstones and eating too much fat at once can trigger a gallstone attack (horrendously painful). I'm guessing you're talking about a psychological reaction, but could you explain a bit further just to put our minds at rest? Whether it's a physical or psychological reaction, both sound pretty miserable and something that you should probably work on.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

One bar is not going to ruin you, and it sounds like you had a pretty rough time, so give yourself some slack. We all have our mistakes and binges; what matters is that you get back up and keep trying tomorrow.

I've noticed a tendency in myself to reach for food as a temporary relief for pain or misery. Being aware of this helps me avoid it. And when I really need a pick me up, I turn to long baths, incense, great music, maybe buy a new necklace or movie, or schedule a haircut. I look for other pleasures and indulgences that won't wreck my waistline.

Plus there's exercise. A trip to the gym always balances out my mood, though I don't know why. Endorphins, maybe.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I'm with the others. Be kinder to yourself All or nothing won't get you anywhere.

Also, I totally had chocolate yesterday. Made sure it fit into my plan, consumed it with delight. Lost weight this morning.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I am trying to get past my emotional eating... but DARN IT! Sometimes a bar of chocolate (or glass of wine) is NEEDED! Lol!

I am having a rough day at work, too. Luckily, it will pass and tomorrow will be better.

Sometimes I want something crunchy and I go for 94% fat free microwavable popcorn. I can munch on the ENTIRE bag for a mear 280 calories. Last nigth I cut my glass of wine in half with some seltzer for a wine spritzer... that was very comforting, too. (just one, though!!)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Oh boy, I totally baked myself a batch of brownies last night and ate the whole damn thing for dinner! My daughter if off at camp this week and I was alone in the house. No excuse, but it was an emotional binge.

I counted every single calorie though and it made it a grand total of 3900 calories! Ouch.

Today is a new day and I started again counting. We all have our week moments because we are human! Give yourself a hug and move on to a better day today
Kristi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Don't beat yourself up about it, it's ok. A few treats here and there are part of life, and life happens, even in your diet. Just continue in your efforts, you'll be fine.
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #8  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Hey, at least you didn't binge on a whole bag of chocolates! It's not so bad. If you MUST medicate with food, there's always a bowl of fruit. But just last night, I was very upset and feeling very down about some health things. I didn't know what to do. Normally I would eat or drink alcohol or do something along those lines. But I couldn't. So I had to tough it out. ...Of course, the fact that my pain pills also relaxed my brain didn't hurt. =P

My point is, a lot of us are emotional eaters. Your case wasn't bad at all, but it's still best to find another way of dealing with stress than by eating. My next favorite thing is shopping, which is still bad, hahaha.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote