Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #106  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Stacy--Ugh, it's my legs!! I have HUGE thighs and calves. Part of it is muscle, but there's definitely a nice big layer of fat over them. Dimply and horrible. I also have a bit of a belly from being pregnant five times. That one is stretched out skin and I'm not sure it'll ever be flat (without surgery). But, thanks for the kind words.

Roadbikerchick--Aw, thanks! I feel self conscious, but I've always felt that way. My doctor was the one that recommended 175, but I admit to being totally envious of those that can wear size 6/8. I'm a 12 now. Awesome job on being 2.6 down since Monday! And I think 2000 calories is great!!

shishkeberry--Congrats on being down! I don't seem to gain during TTOM either. I do gain about midcycle during ovulation like Berry has mentioned. I definitely see the water weight then.

Berry--Yep, I'm exercising. I have considered just concentrating on toning and stuff once I reach my goal. I'm a wimp and could work on some endurance training. Enjoy your vacation! My hubby wouldn't even let me look at a scale or count calories while I was on mine.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #107  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

186.4 down .6 today.

running to a meeting. Be back in a bit.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #108  

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everyone is staying cool today.
Yesterday was a great day for me after the scale gave me a kick in the pants and I got a little pissy about it. Walked an hour with my friend and then came home and ran 3 miles on the TM. The rest of the day was garage sale stuff, climbing ladders, hauling and cleaning and sweating buckets throughout. Had to keep jumping in the pool to stay sane. Eating was perfect and I came in just under 1200 calories, which is low for that active of a day, but after the weekend, I needed a low day. So you are all probably wondering how much of a kick in the pants I got from my scale right? Not even sure I want to write it, but I was up 5 pounds . How many calories does wine have anyways? I tried to reason with myself that it was partially water weight, but I was still mad at myself.
Today has started out the same with the same workout (a walk and a run) and I have dropped 2+ pounds of that 5. I think I will eat around 1200 again today, just to even out those few days of mishaps.
Larry, Hope you have a great day! Enjoy.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/125

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Hi, I am a little late starting this but I could realy use the accountability .
So my name is Abby I am currently working perdium as a CNA and I will be going to nursing school in the fall. My goals are to eat two servings of fruit and four servings of vegatables every day, so far this week I have been doing well and losing some weight ! I just hope that I can be this good once school starts !

SW:181
GW:176

7/18: 181
7/19: 179
7/20: 178
Abigail207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Good Morning, all!

Zoo--I love fresh produce. You're so lucky!

abluvion--Congrats on being another pound down. Woohoo!

Diana--That must be so frustrating to have the allergy AND sodium issues affect your weight. You're such a trooper! How's Magnum today?

K9Owner--Aww, poor pup! I hope she finds some relief soon.

Stardust--Welcome!

shishkeberry
--Oh, that's just not fair! I'm for you!

Berry--I hope your ds feels better soon. And how wonderful to have a doctor in the family!

alaskan--Sending you will power dust!!

------------------------------------------------
Down another pound and so close to my goal! I'm not sure where I'm going to go after that. I know that I do want to lose more weight...I just feel that 175 sounds a bit heavy. I took a picture last night while trying on a dress and I'm finally getting to where I'm ok with how I look. Though, without clothing...there are more than a few trouble areas. I don't know. Diana? Any advice on finding that perfect number?
Shells, first of all, you look beautiful! I can tell you feel good about where you are at, but maybe there is no harm in sticking with what you are doing to see where you settle. If you don't lose anymore, great, you feel good, but if you do, then see how you feel there. What does your DH think?
I find this interesting because I am close to where you are at, I feel good in clothing and in general feel good about my body, but I have areas that could be improved (and I always will). I picked my goal weight based on the middle of a normal BMI for me. I find myself wondering if I have another 35-40 pounds to lose. So the other day, I was in my bathing suit outside and DH and I were in conversation about something along those lines and I asked him if he honestly thought I had another 40 pounds to lose. Without hesitation, in a very nice way he said yes I stopped him before he could point out where the 40 pounds were
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 136/131/110

Height: 5'-1"

Good monring all

Just a quick post because I'm already a little late for work

Not too bad a day yesterday, although I was so hungry. I stuck to healthy eaiting
- breakfast: eggwhite omlete + blueberries
- lunch: salad with grilled tofu
- snack: peach
- dinner: (went to a friends, and tried to be very self controlled) edamame salad, steamed veggies, and quinoa. I resisted the ice cream and the lemonade, and stuck to 3 cans of La Croix!

Well, it paid off, because today finally the scale showed one pound loss (and hopefully now I'm losing real weight instead of water weight)

I also did my morning C25K run, so hope that today goes well.

I would love to respond to all of you - so many great posts! But will have to wait until later!

Cheers to all of you
JuhiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #112  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Jomatho You know there is no way almost ANY of that was fat. It was water weight. A bottle of wine (if you drank the whole thing by yourself) has about 500 calories. That's about like drinking 4 cans of regular soda.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #113  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
186.4 down .6 today.

running to a meeting. Be back in a bit.
Way to tackle the scale!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #114  
Blessed!

jomatho--My dh complains all the time that I'm too thin. Now, he's not skinny himself, but he doesn't really want me to lose much more. My doctor said that I was big boned and shouldn't go below 175, but I don't see what they see? I see many places I could stand to lose some weight. I'm not even in the healthy BMI for my height yet. Hence, the confusion on where I should be... But, I do like your idea about just continuing and seeing where my weight naturally settles. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #115  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
jomatho--My dh complains all the time that I'm too thin. Now, he's not skinny himself, but he doesn't really want me to lose much more. My doctor said that I was big boned and shouldn't go below 175, but I don't see what they see? I see many places I could stand to lose some weight. I'm not even in the healthy BMI for my height yet. Hence, the confusion on where I should be... But, I do like your idea about just continuing and seeing where my weight naturally settles. Thanks!
Couple things. One, have you taken the body size calculations? Now, they are estimates, but they give you a good idea. I found one for wrist size and elbow size. Basically, for your height if your wrists are 6.5" circumference and over, you are large boned.

Second, my guess is that a lot of the areas you still are concerned about are issues with loose skin. You lost fairly quickly and it takes time for the skin to shrink up. You may find that with time those trouble areas get better as the skin shrinks up. Cellulite, or dimply legs can happen at any weight and you'll probably never get rid of that without surgery.

And about BMI. Individuals should not look at those for themselves. There will be outlyers on both ends. It's a number to capture populations, not individuals. MOST people will fit within that, some will not. My son does not fit within the norms for height or weight, but that doesn't mean it's wrong/bad. He just doesn't fit on some nice, neat curve doctors and scientists made up.

Lastly, my plan is what Jomatho mentioned. I'm going to continuing eating at a sustainable level (between 1300-1500 calories) and exercise an hour 5-6 times a week and where that takes me is what that takes me. There is no set goal for weight really. I have 175 as my end goal, but I know I'll still be overweight then. But I also know it's a realistic, attainable weight. What I get beyond that will be the icing on the cake. Basically, I just want to be healthy and fit. The number on the scale will just be a reflection of my fitness and that's it.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #116  
Blessed!

Thanks for your reply, Melissa. I did measure my wrists and it was just over 6.5. So, do you think you'll be eating between 1300-1500 forever? Or do you think that once you reach 175 you'll eat at a maintenance range?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #117  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Good morning everyone! I weighed in at 285 again this morning, but I'm happy to report that the scale numbers flashed down to 284 a couple times before settling to round themselves up, so maybe I'm decreasing a few tenths. : )

I ate calories to my goal yesterday, and was really contented and had no hunger pangs at all--of course, so far, my goal is 2280 per day! In ten pounds I'm going to bring that down about 80-100 cals a day. My first Ten pounds...Oh, that will be a good day! I'ma get me one of those neat little tickers some of you have!

I'm two and a half weeks into my weight loss journey, and have only lost one pound. But one pound--hey! I'll take it. I've done the Atkins thing before--lost 30 lbs in like two months--and gained 20 of it back the instant I had a stomach flu and had to eat dry toast for a week. So if this one pound stays off...I'll take it. I'll take it.

Larry: Happy Birthday! I told my Boyfriend about your weight loss stats this morning and he got really inspired. Maybe he'll join us on here soon!
Berryblondeboys: I hear you. I used to be a ballet dancer when I was, well, like age 2 through college. I definitely have my knee issues. Surprisingly, I have been lucky so far. I do jog pretty slowly, and have had none of those twinges I so came to dread doing dance (or even yoga). I will remain mindful and listen to my body! : ) I'm going to check out that video you mentioned, too. Anything that makes your arms feel rubbery sounds worth it! (don't you just love that feeling?)

Stay strong and healthy, ladies and gents. <3
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #118  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning...still bouncing around a bit on the scale...but all the temptations are gone so hoping i can settle back into the regular eating plan...had a nice 3-mile bike ride last night and ive also been doing some hand weights at home just for something different...havent been sleeping too good, worried about a friend in a bad financial situation in mexico as well as having the extra carbs/calories throwing me off a little...

here is a link to a picture that is quite common here in my rainforest...of three bears playing around on someone's back deck, taken yesterday by the local newspaper
http://juneauempire.com/local/2011-0...htime-snacking
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #119  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I woke up in better mood, not sure how much better we'll have to see. I did start dinner in crock pot and made myself breakfast so it's a start. I'll even be trying to workout after posting.

Larry I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Italian is too yummy for words so enjoy, you deserve it!

abluvion how did the night alone go for you? My DH is out of town all week so I get the boredome/loneliness thing. Hope you made it through

mlgibson how did weigh in go. I hope it went your way, but if not don't fret you're doing wonderfully.

alaskan is all that cake gone? Man, I'm glad I don't love baking, I'd never ever make it. Did you get your ride in?

shish so glad you drop another pound and put TOM into his place. Oh man, I had the worst TOM's ever. I had a bad uterus and got rid of it. So so glad that's over! Keep going you're doing great!

Stardust I tried Alli a few years ago. I can't say I ever lost weight (not because of the pill-I just wasn't ready yet). Be careful though with the fat because it doesn't not go well with Alli. I researched the heck out of that pill and was still unprepared when I ate too much fat...ugh. Good Luck..keep us posted

Krystal my dog once had allergy eye and I had to put in ointment (prescription). I thought that looked worse than the actual allergy. I hope puppy gets better. Just a thought (as I watch my dog wipe her face after eating) if it's itchy for River, she/he might cause more damage scratching with her claws. IDK if that's even an issue, but like I said I'm watching Goof over here wiping her muzzle on my bed after she eats. Dingy dog.

shells GIRL YOU LOOK GOOD! The dress is beautiful. Does it come in other colors? I can see you in gem colors...you're gorgeous. Great Job.

vixsin yay doing good.

zoodoo keep it up, you are doing wonderfully. You said you wished it came faster (the new lows) it seems like every time I read a post you mention a new low. You're dong so good!

abigail

JuhiR great job on pound down, keep going.

Jomotho how brave of you to ask if you could lose more. I don't know if I could hear the answer from my husband. Although at this stage in the game if he said no, I would know he's lying

Mojojuju one pound down is great. Some of the friends have whooshes, those are cool. Slow and steady does work best. I lost a good deal of this almost 40 pounds last year slowly and then got sick. I only gained 10 back and that's because I turned to cake :P Eating habits are really key to weight loss. If we could learn to eat properly we will lose weight.

Well as I've said I made it through without cheating. I did struggle with getting enough calories yesterday, but I think I did ok. I dropped another .8 so that brings me to one pound away from lowest weight in a 100 years. I'm so excited about it I want to buy a cake! HAAAA, kidding Thanks for all your well wishes. I think today is a good day.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #120  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shells Congrats on that pound! I love the picture. I think you look beautiful and perfect as you are. In fact I would describe you as being slim. Magnum doesn't seem to be feeling well today. I am wondering if he woke me up this morning or if it was insomnia. The weight gain from the allergic reactions is a total PITA! Sodium is bad, but not as bad as the allergy. My Dr and I discussed my goal weight. I think she said 145-150, maybe it was 150-155. Anyways, I have always been very bottom heavy. I carry my weight below my waist and above my knees. That trouble area really slimmed down when I lost the last 10 pounds or so. I have a lot of loose skin that I am not happy about, but I am not willing to go through surgery to get rid of it. Now, I can honesly say that I don't walk around feeling self conscious about my body, as long as it is fully clothed. I don't feel like I have to suck in my stomach and I don't have bumps and bulges, etc. I would still only rate my body a 2 on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the best. I have done the best I could with my body without going through major training or surgery. I would advise you to see how you feel when you get to goal, and then make a decision. I really think the trouble areas are the last to budge.

Shiskkeberry Congrats on your weigh in!

Roadbikerchick Congrats on the 2.6 pounds.

Berry Nope, I didn't get back to sleep. Normally once I am awake, I can't go back to sleep until that night. I did get some laundry and stuff done. You have to make to most out of the situation. I think they look for antibodies (I forgot what they called them ) It's signs of an allergic reaction to make sure it is an allergy and not something else. Also, I think they have a set panel of the most common allergens. They were also testing to see if I am still allergic to penicillin. I guess they do everything at one time. I had an anaphylactic reaction to penicillin as a child. I don't really care what they say about the penicillin. I will continue to say I am allergic to it. I don't want to risk it. I think I missed something. I know you are going on vacation, but I don't know where.

Vixsin Congrats on the .6.

Jomatho Great job on the workout and the 2 pounds!

Abigail Hi and Welcome! You are off to a great start.

JuhiR Great job on that pound!

Mojojuju Great job staying on your plan, yesterday.

Alaskanlaughter Congrats on the 3 miles! Thanks for sharing the picture of the bears.

Mamakat I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better today.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote