3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 7/18 - 7/24

Old 07-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #76
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I hope you feel better tomorrow, mamakat

Current mini-goal: Get back to where I was in February (205)

Positive things I need to remember:
∑I'm at a better starting point since I didn't gain it all back yet.
∑I quit smoking cold turkey in Nov 2011.
∑I'm still trying so I can't say I've failed.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #77

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Calorie Cycling

7/18/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 1864 (213 over)
7/19/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was 904 (297 under)
7/20/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was
7/21/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was
7/15/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1829 (29 over)
7/16/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1468 (33 under)
7/17/11 - Sun -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1404 (97 under)

Total for the week 185 calories under. This is still not too bad after five days!!

My weight remains 222.

I think the scale must be waiting to give me a birthday present tomorrow!!
I turn 67 years young on 7/20/2011

Exercise was walking one mile today.

Today I had Senior fit fare egg white omelet at Denny's with coffee and I had a 6 inch turkey sub with tuna mac salad tonight for dinner with coffee.

I will need to be especially careful tomorrow because my family is getting together for my birthday and they taking me out and into enemy territory for a dieter. We will be going to a nice Italian restaurant. Keep me in your prayers!!

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H : 07-19-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #78
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: 292/165.2/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Quick post, since I am hoping to get into bed early tonight.

Mamakat I hope you feel better tomorrow. If the tests show I am allergic to something, I will have to avoid that food. I took allergy shots (respiratory) when I was younger. That took care of those allergies, so far. This food allergy showed up last Summer.

Larry I think you will do just fine at the Italian Restaurant. If by chance, you go over, that can be your higher calorie day. Here's an early I hope you enjoy the dinner out with your family and have a wonderful day.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Yellow squash/zucchini 100 calories
Grilled Shrimp 200 calories
Grilled Mahi 200 calories
Grilled crab cake 200 calories

Exercise:
~KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (lower body section w/#10's)
~The Firm Super Body Sculpt (lower body section w/#10's)
~TF Fire 45 EZ

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #79
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

And in the end my son didn't want to go to the gym. He was too busy, so I'm about to go down to my basement to do some weights with Kathy Smith. Signed up for a step class for tomorrow morning.

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #80

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

I've never posted in this thread before but would like to start checking in here (if you'll have me!)

I'm a few days into buckling back down into weight loss... Nose to the grindstone. I've been wishy-washy about it all year and am ready to end the year on a high note!

The first few days are always the hardest with regards to cravings. My fiance has to stand duty tonight (he's in the Navy) so he's not back until tomorrow evening... I am totally a lonely/bored eater so tonight was a big struggle without him here. However I'm happy to say I made it through! It took about 4 hours of constant self-talk - nearly making really awful decisions (like, whole pizza decisions) - but I feel completely over it now. Woot!

Gotta take it one day at a time...

HW: 216 (Jan 2008) // LW: 182 (Mar 2009)
Rejoined WW: 204.4 (Sept 2011)
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #81
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Had a good day...1,169 calories. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, anxious to see if I can get that 10 pounds at the end of July. 5 pounds to go as of last weigh in.

Hope everyone else had a good day!!!

Goal: Lose Ten Pounds By July 1st!
"Some people live more in twenty years then others do in eighty. Its not the time that matters, it is the person."
-The Tenth Doctor/Doctor Who
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #82
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Hey all,

It was a HT day today, nearly 100 degrees with humidity (and 91 without)! I went to do my walk this morning but I could only get in 20 minutes instead of 30. I was starting to get a headache from the heat and figured I should quit while I was ahead. That was good planning, on my part - I still felt a little crummy for the rest of the day. I ended up with 1376 in calories for the day, and 400 calories burned in exercise (I just finished day 2 week 2 of ripped in 30). Tomorrow is my day off exercise-wise, I have no idea how it ended up being Wednesday but it works for me.

abluvion: to the thread! We'd love to have you join us. It sounds like you're off to a great start - I sympathize with your struggle of breaking bad habits. Over the years I've become accustomed to buying something to eat/drink whenever I'm in the car. Lately I've been talking to myself the entire time I drive somewhere, going over the reasons why I can't stop somewhere. It's tough, but it does get easier! Just keep up the good work

berry: Oy vey! I'm glad you were at least able to get SOME exercise in - I hope your step class tomorrow is awesome enough to make up for it!

Diana: I hope your allergy tests come back with some answers. It's definitely a bummer having a food allergy, but knowing is so much better than not knowing!

Larry: In case I can't make it to the boards tomorrow,

Mojojuju: I had the same reaction when I did my calorie count - I didn't realize how much I burned while exercising, so seeing my daily calorie needs was like, WHOA! Glad to hear you're getting your game plan together.

mamakat: Sorry to hear that you're feeling low today. I really admire you for getting out and taking care of errands despite how crummy you were feeling. I hope you have a great night and feel better in the morning!

shish: on the drop back down!

K9: How's the puppy?? I've had way too many scares with things like that, mostly with chocolate. I remember once when I was little, one of our yellow lab-mixes got into my halloween candy and ate roughly two POUNDS of chocolate. We were all SO stressed out and worried. It ended up that he was completely unaffected by it, which I still don't understand. But I'm hoping it turns out well for you, too...

JuhiR: mmmmmmmmmm grilled veggies! I love grilled red peppers, onion, green squash, and mushroom - you can't beat it.

vixsin: Congrats on the pound!

stacygee: Ripped in 30 is a Jillian Michaels dvd. It's royally whooping my behind, but it's just the kind of no-nonsense motivation that works best for me. 3 circuits consist of 3 minutes of strength, 2 of cardio, and one of abs. It's rough, but after finishing one of those workouts without dying, I really do feel like I've accomplished something big. I highly recommend it!

zoodoo: My mouth was watering reading about that spinach and goats cheese pizza - I make a homemade version of that, with garlic butter and caramelized red onion. I haven't made it in a while (soooo fatty), but reading your post makes me want to whip out the frying pan.... .....but then again maybe not!

mlgibson: Glad to hear you had a good day!

Hugs to anyone I missed, and keep up the good work! We're doing great!

One for every 10 lbs lost:

It's not about where the journey ends. It's about how you got there.
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #83
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

That workout was TOUGH. I can barely type due to rubber arms! LOL Good stuff! BodyStep tomorrow morning!

Oh, and my older son is still sick. My MIL checked his throat tonight and tonight there is puss, so she is putting him on an antibiotic. Now that is when it's nice to have a doctor in the family. She has some on hand (always) for adults, so need to make another doctor appointment or a trip to the pharmacy. Hope he's feeling better before we leave for our trip this Friday!

Last edited by berryblondeboys : 07-19-2011 at 10:56 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #84
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

so some good and some bad today....was a nice quiet day at home with the 5 kids, not too much bickering and no one got injured LOL except for my son who crashed off his bike and bonked his leg

still came in too high on calories and carbs so tomorrow please send me lots of i did not eat cherries, i did not pig out on anything else but i DID have more cake than i should have...luckily it will be gone by tonight and it wont be me eating any more of it...this is exactly WHY i dont bring these things into the house very often...i used to bake constantly and gained weight from it...ugh

we went out for dinner tonight and i had an awesome salad so i was proud of that choice...ended the day at 1706 calories and 125 carbs, almost entirely from extra cake *sigh* i'm going out for a couple-mile bike ride in a bit before it gets too dark and the bears start wandering

gotta get back to the grind tomorrow in terms of calories and carbs...been a little lax and i KNOW i sabotage myself so i cant let the number on the scale set me off
Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #85
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

oh and k9 - how is your dog doing?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #86
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, wtf? Ok so I stopped pumping for/nursing my daughter in May. I got my first post partum TOM at the end of june and it lasted two weeks. Guess what I got last night? Yup, another TOM. FML. This sucks. I hope this one doesn't last another two weeks.

Current mini-goal: Get back to where I was in February (205)

Positive things I need to remember:
∑I'm at a better starting point since I didn't gain it all back yet.
∑I quit smoking cold turkey in Nov 2011.
∑I'm still trying so I can't say I've failed.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #87

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Smile Brand new and ready to make it work!

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the site and am coming to the end of my very first day on my new weight loss plan. I just wanted to introduce myself and see if I can start building a support network. This seems to be a good place to start! I'm 28 and currently weigh 230 lbs. My goal is to lose 80 lbs or 5 pant sizes, but I haven't set a specific deadline or anything. I'm trying a low-fat eating plan with the help of Alli supplements and regular exercise. Does anyone have any wisdom to share about Alli? I'm excited to get to know you all and looking forward to finally making a weight loss plan work for me!

Lauren
Stardust620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 AM   #88
Trying to live below 200

Hmm, Good Morning? Guess who woke up at 3 AM?

TTOM still hasn't started, but I will get insomnia around TTOM time. The last time TTOM was early, so I guess this time it will be late.

I knew last weekend when I had that gain that there had to be something else going on beside me eating a few hundred extra calories for my Birthday. Crazy food allergies! I will blow up 2-3 pounds every time I have a significant reaction. I never know if I am having a reaction until I am well into it. Initially I will be suspicious of a sodium gain. Oh well.

Here's an equation for you:

allergic reaction + no bathroom time since Sunday + insomnia (waking up 3 hours early) + pending TTOM = a bad weigh in

Weigh In: 146.6
Up: .6

Larry Another Enjoy your day!

Berry Great job on getting that weight workout in? I hope you can make your gym class this morning. Sorry to hear that your DS is still sick. I hope everything improves soon.

Abluvion Hi and Welcome!

mlgibson Good luck on your weigh in today.

SMess Great job on getting that walk in and Ripped in 30.

Alaskanlaughter I also try to avoid bringing sweets into the house. If I do, I make sure it's stuff that DH likes and I don't.

Shishkeberry Sorry about the TTOM issues. I hope it's shorter this time.

Stardust Hi and Welcome!

K9 Yes, please update us on River when you get a chance. I hope everything is OK.

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Old 07-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #89
~Krystal~

S/C/G: 160.2~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Stardust & Abluvion, just jump right in and start posting your plan. Youíre defo welcome here

Shish: Having TOM around 4 days is bad enough, let alone 2 weeks. Shoot him!!

Melissa: I didnít realize your MIL was a doctor! Yay
You can keep all that puss up there! I had mono in 12th grade (pretty severe) and itís miserable! Hope your son feels better soon. Where are you all going on holiday?

SMess: 100 is pretty hot for that part of the US, right?? The C25K running group I used to coach is starting back this week for their 10 week training and some of those ladies are getting a rude awakening (esp. the beginner runners). Itís ALWAYS well over 100 heat index here when they start, even at 6pm when the training runs are scheduled!

Mlgibson
: Hope the scale is good to you today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY

JuhiR: I this post (for several reasons): It's hot a blazes here, but I finished an early morning exercise thing before I sat down to work, so I'm feeling good! It's not as much as some of you on this forum are doing, but I'm trying to get a little in each day, so that I can build a habit.
1.You feel good!
2. Itís rewarding to know that (for me) it pushes me to do more when I read what my friends here do. When I read their successes, I want to do it too!
3. I love the
Given your height and weight, I would not expect for you to lose really quickly (unfortunately), but try not to become discouraged.

Diana32: I sure hope the allergist finds out what your allergic to! Have you been tested before?

Alaskan: OK gf, tighten up!! Hereís you some to choose foods that kick the cravings
**Can you send some back my way? TOMís cRAVEN bird is kicking mine

Hi everyone else

K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #90
Trying to live below 200

K9 How is River doing? They did some prick (skin) testing back in March. Everything they tested for was negative. The Dr requested some labs, but I just got around to doing that.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.