Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojuju View Post

Larry: Hah! I moved from NYC where I had been living for fourteen years. The heat...the greasy food...the lack of good education...the racism...I find I don't like FL one bit. I've been here two and a half years, and the weather, at least, is growing on me! I seem to have adjusted to the heat, at very least, and the winters are looovely. Suffice it to say that Hedoublehockeysticks is in North FL, close to South GA. And you know what they say about Florida: The farther north you go, the farther south you are! I can't wait till I can afford to blow out of here back to a metro center.
Mojojuju I looked up HE-Double-Hockey-Sticks in the online urban dictionary. Wow!! I can't believe that one slipped by me I am normally very quick to grasp and see stuff like that.

Great creativity for a place name!! I am also a transplant from New York to Florida but I moved from the other end of the state just outside of Buffalo. I brought my snow shovel with me and placed it by the front door to remind me why I moved.

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 07-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #257  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Don't know what came over me just now.... I just had to have a slice of the banana blue berry oatmeal bread I made and nibbled on the biscotti mix I was making for our gift to family while on vacation... Probably about 350 calories worth of stuff I never eat.... Doy!!!! Now I have to watch it the rest of the day.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #258  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening all,
berry congrats on the 60 pounds. And I'm glad you get to go on vacation although why CT, I just don't know...kidding this place is GORGEOUS.

mojojuju awesome on the jog and miles. Kudos to you for jogging and in this heat. I am not coordinated enough to job and my body just isn't built for it, but let tell you, I wouldn't do it in this heat even if I could...stay hydrated

alaskan you crack me up...laundry, rooms and grocery shopping not much! I don't get that done in a week! I wish I could be more like you, I really really do.

jen while working toward "normal" remember theres no such thing. I've been to tons of shrinks who have asked what I want out of life and I always say "normal" then they tell me to define that...it's way too long and they usually say "no point out a normal person". Now I don't strive to be "normal" I strive to be a good, healthy, loving mother and wife and that's what I am (as best I can be with some obstacles I can't help). I have taught my children to accept overweightness because it's not what makes a person it's only their shell. And let me tell you it warms my heart when I see my drop dead gorgeous son befriend all shapes and sizes and that both of my children love me for who I am (my son still invites me on field trips and he's in high school and I have to squeeze down the aisle) not my weight. That is all that matters. Which is usually why I don't care what others say or think about my weight or hair or whatever it is thats bothering them for the day. My kids and DH love me, that's all I have ever wanted.

Krystal so far I think you're the only person I have heard say they love the sun. I say I love the Spring and Fall but never Summer or Winter. And Florida heat! OMG, you amaze me. Glad you're having a great time. Enjoy yourself

Diana I think I'd kill my DH if he ate sweets in front of me. I don't mind so much with kids but DH better not. Last night was tough watching everyone eat cheese cake and brownies (BROWNIES), but I did it and I feel better for it. I think the satisfaction of doing the right thing is powerful when I see others eating sweets. How do you keep it in the house and not go crazy? You are strong!

Well since I didn't get my trail hiking in this week I decided to go a full 2 hours on the bike. I biked 33 miles and 600 calories. Holy cow! I did a good 45 minutes with strength training too. I am exhausted and am glad I'm done and that I did it. But now I'm freezing and need to find something warm to wear. Brrr.

I hope you all have a lovely evening. I will see you later
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #259  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i do something called 15/15...which is a concept (website and all, i think) where you clean for 15 minutes and then sit down for 15 minutes...and while i'm up doing something, i try to do something else that's in that area...like if i put a load of laundry in, i may as well take out the garbage cuz it's right in that room...or if i'm vacuuming son's room i may as well vacuum ours cuz it's right across the hall...stuff like that...it gets stuff done...it's harder when i'm working full time in the winter....i am very organized...i have our monthly budget and expenses written down on a piece of paper...i make weekly menus during the winter when i work...i keep receipts for everything so i can balance my checkbook easier...stuff like that...pay bills on saturdays, laundry on sundays...i have a huge calendar with all our stuff written on it, appointments, due dates etc plus all my work stuff on it
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #260  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Melissa congratulations on the 60 pounds! That's a real accomplishment.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #261  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone, nothing new here. I've been OP all weekend for the most part. I kind of ate myself sick on baby carrots last night but I figured thats better than eating myself sick on just about anything else.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #262  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default A few personals

Greetings friends from the Sunshine State!
I have time for a few personals, finally.

First, I have to voice my opinion on the FL situation. The last time I visited was in 2007. I stayed at Seaside Beach and loved it. Every morning DH would watch the local news and the only thing newsworthy to place on the 8 a.m. news was to build a bike trail on the main highway! Unlike our news, where all we hear is the latest political scam, the latest 10 homicides (because that’s all they have time to put on each hour), someone being robbed (or multiple people being robbed), or how the city council has taken all the money from the school systems and children can’t start school on time.

In essence, a bike trail on a major highway is nothing compared to the news I’m used to hearing. The racism… don’t even get me started on how bad that subject is in Memphis. Needless to say, FL (to me) is 100x better than living where I do, but I love the the beach and the wonderful fresh fruit here. I suppose it’s what you like.

Alaskan
: “a few grocery stores” Why so many? How many do you frequent? You don’t know how to ? That is not surprising, since you live in a colder state. I have family members—distant cousins—who can’t swim, and we live in one of the hottest parts of the USA! I hope you feel better after your nap. I hate when I eat something weird and it makes my tummy queasy!

Mojojuju: I had Chinese last week and felt a similar ickiness. I love it, but I always get that indigestion feeling afterwards. Great job on the jog! Keep up the awesome work!!

Melissa
: You are soooo close to your goal. I think you’ll reach yours before I reach mine I’ll tell you, I went to Zumba last week for the 1st time in a month and Cindy kicked my butt!! I think I had been going 3x/week for over a month and I got so used to the routines that I didn’t burn as many cals, which was frustrating. However, when I went back after a month, I burned more cals than when I went 3x/week.

MamaKat: I reading your post today. It made me laugh and also made me so glad that you have decided to stick with us. It is not easy to be amongst a group of people and decline food, especially if they are having something you really enjoy. In the medical field, we are taught that we do not have to agree with everyone’s decision, but we must respect it. What is good for one is not necessarily good for another. I feel this way about gastric bypass and lap bands. It is a choice for many people, and I choose not to agree nor disagree with it, but I do choose to respect an individual’s decision. When a patient asks me, “ What do you think?” (re: bypass or bands) I simply smile and say, “You have the right to choose, but you do not have the right to choose the consequences.”

Diana32: Your tomato/zucchini omelet sounds absolutely disgusting to me I have tried to eat savory omelets, but I just can’t hack eggs and anything except cheese and turkey or ham. I ‘m not much of an egg eater anyway. I’d pass on the “bkfst of champs”, not only is that binge food for me, that’s also waaay to much sugar in one sitting for me. I’d eat the entire thing if I even had 1!! That muffin with cinnamon and preserves sounds pretty tasty though!

JenIansMom: What do you do for work if I may inquire?

MzJ: Glad to see your smiling face and glad you are sticking to your program. How’s your cousin?? Hope she’s still hanging in there with you!

Vix: Gotta love it when the kiddos wake up with an attitude!

Nikki: I hate to be the one to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU SO! None of my SAHM friends talk about hating that decision. They it. The transition was difficult, but after they made new budgets for their families, they learned a new groove and many have told me it was the best decision they could have made for everyone! I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. I found when I went PT at the hospital, I had more time to cook and shop for better quality food for DH and I and he LOVES it!!

Kristiina
: Pass the gf!! I need it badly!! Hope you’re having fun at the cabin!

Isabella: I wondered where you were since you hadn’t checked into MFP. Glad to see you back!! I totally get the bikini thing. When I was in FL in 2007, I weighed about 8 lbs/ 3.6kg less than I do right now and was so self-conscious about wearing a swimsuit. This year, I feel totally different! I really don’t care if people ponder and stare at me in my multiplicity of swimsuits. I’m not the fittest nor the heaviest here. I guess I am somewhere in the middle and am completely OK with it. I will NEVER see any of these people again in my lifetime—well, probably not!!!

Ibell: for sticking with the Sonoma Diet. Let us know how it is working for you, pls

I have been thinking a lot about DianaLA. I sure do hope she is okay! This is the one thing that sucks about this particular forum. You can only get an update if people check in. It’s too risky to give people your personal email, fb acct, let alone a phone #!!

Hi to everyone else. I know I didn’t address you all, but I’ll try to catch you next post

to everyone for a great week ahead.

Choose wisely and the will become your friend!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 07-24-2011 at 08:33 PM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #263  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check in for me. The boy and I got much cleaning done today. Eventhough he annoys me, Captain Attitude is a really great helper!!!!

Got my run in this afternoon. The plan is in motion for me to get a full 8 hours of sleep tonight too.

Have a great night gang! Let's hope some of this water is gone tomorrow!!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #264  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I'm just stopping in for just a second to tell you all that I'm posting from my new computer! Woot! So I should be back regularly again!

See you in the morning!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #265  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Berry I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation! Your baking sounds delish!

Mojojuju Congrats on the 13.5 miles for the week! You might have a little gain from the sodium in the Chinese food. It will pass in a couple of days, so don't get worried about it.

MamaKat I'm not really that strong. I'm not a fan of the sweets that DH gets. There's no way that I could have the stuff that I like in the house.

K9 DH thinks my breakfast is disgusting, too. Enjoy your stay in FL!

Vixsin Great job on the run!

Still Woo Hoo on the new computer!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #266  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1415 calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack (50 calories)
Iced Coffee w/cream + sweet 'n low 50 calories

Lunch/Dinner (1000 calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
Risotto 300 calories
Shared salad 100 calories
1/2 petite biscuit 100 calories
Strawberries 100 calories

Exercise:
Debra Mazda's Let's Get Stepping

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-24-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #267  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Alaskan[/B]: “a few grocery stores” Why so many? How many do you frequent? You don’t know how to ? That is not surprising, since you live in a colder state. I have family members—distant cousins—who can’t swim, and we live in one of the hottest parts of the USA! I hope you feel better after your nap. I hate when I eat something weird and it makes my tummy queasy!
we have 3 main grocery stores in town...costco, walmart and fred meyers...i go to costco for everything i need in bulk for our family (meat, snacks, toilet paper, fruit etc)...i go to walmart for little things because they are cheaper than freddies (seasoning packets, frozen veggies, school supplies etc) and i go to fred meyers for their health food section, they carry things that walmart doesnt have (Fage greek yogurt, cherries, blueberries, protein powder etc)

so today i went to costco because i needed bulk meat and snacks...i feed 5 children breakfast, lunch and snacks every day during the summer...then i went to freddies because i was out of greek yogurt and cherries lol

i dont swim because i am terrified of getting water on my face...i dont like being off balance in the water either...i'm good if i'm in up to my chest, without it on my face, with my toes touching the bottom...but i will never learn to swim and, frankly, if you fall in the water here in alaska, unless someone pulls you out, it's too cold to make it anyhow

i often wonder if i'm so scared of the water because i drowned in a past life...i LOVE being around water (shore, docks, etc) but i am very very careful of it...i have past life memories that lead me to believe i drowned, or at least intended to drown myself, but i dont know if that ever happened
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #268  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
I'm just stopping in for just a second to tell you all that I'm posting from my new computer! Woot! So I should be back regularly again!

See you in the morning!
yayyy!! new computers are so FUN!