3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 7/18 - 7/24

Old 07-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #136

Wow, you know I'm up early when I am the first morning poster, that doesn't happen very often. Woke up at 6 and felt wide awake. Waiting to see if my walking partner will walk today, she wasn't sure if she would make it today. I hope so because my plan is an hour walk with her and then come home to run (hopefully) at least 3 miles. I need to workout today because the next two days are the garage sale, starting at 8 each day, so I am not sure what I will get in those days. And then, my friend is out of town until next Wednesday, so I am on my own after today for a little while. I predict some running miles to be racked up in the next several days here. I need it!

Down another 1.2 of my weekend gain, another 1.8 to go to get back to my low. I feel like I say that every week lately. This weekend will be on plan!

Today is going to be hot, hot, hot, as I know it is for most of us. Have loads to do still to get ready for the sale, so I will be very active all day.

Fajitas for dinner, haven't made those in forever and they sound so yummy. Had DH grill up the marinated beef last night when he was grilling dinner and I snitched a piece when I was slicing it mmmmm, so I don't need to worry about dinner with the exception of sauteeing the peppers and onions. Gosh I hope I make it to dinner, those sound good enough to eat right now!

Hope everyone has a great day, make some good decisions!!!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #137

Some time for personals (sounds better than unloading the dishwasher or starting laundry for the day )
Shiskeberry, Hope TTOM regulates for you real soon, those hormones do get out of whack after babies and nursing. I too lose easier right around TOM and the week after, it is mid cycle that I have more trouble and may even see a gain.
Alaskanlaughter, holy cow, that is a big crab! I wouldn't survive there as I don't like most seafood. I do like cooked shrimp and very mild fish like tilapia, but that is about it. I kept reading your posts about too much salmon and cherries. Since when are salmon and cherries bad for you? Cake, yes, avoid that a little more, but I say eat those cherries and ,really, how much salmon can one eat? I know it has more calories because it is oily, but all super good for you!
Mlgibson, sorry about your tummy troubles, but way to go getting that jog in!
Mamakat, good for you for not splurging on the ice cream. You kept your carbs lower by doing what you did and that was probably a better decision than too much ice cream. I hope it satisfied that sweet tooth for a while. When I get one, it is usually for chocolate!
Berry, have fun on vacation! I admire your tenacity with bringing your workouts with you! How long will you be gone? Eeek, thats a lot of calories in that wine, but you are right, if I were to go back and add it all up, I know I didn't gain 5 pounds, I just hold water easily when I splurge. I estimate maybe 1/2 -1 pound is true weight that I have to re-lose.
Larry, wow, Italian two nights in a row, lucky you! Hope you had a great birthday!
K9, wish I lived closer to you so you could come bring me fresh peas and have some wine. No, I think you and I would find trouble together
Mojojuju, for the first pound. It is good to look at weight loss in smaller chunks, like you said, 10 pounds. And yes, slower is better as is finding something that is sustainable for you in the long run, with both diet and exercise. Oh, and I started running when I was 230 on a 5'7" frame and I made it through, just be careful and keep listening to your body. I find running is my favorite because I can burn calories quicker than other exercises, I don't have to think about it too much (I'm a little uncoordinated) and it seems to keep me from bouncing around too much on the scale when I do it often enough, must be the sweat factor. Good luck!
JuhiR, Hmmm, I hope I am not getting you and Mojo mixed up, but congrats to you on that pound and way to go with your running! You both have now lost one pound and both are starting running right? Good job, keep the momentum!
Zoodoo, on the new low!
Roadbiker, that weight is melting right back off you! When I read of your rides, makes me want to hit the road too! If only there were more time in the day. . .
Vixsin, you are on fire girl! Keep the momentum going, love it!
Abby,
Diana3271, can't wait to hear the results of your labs! Tree nuts would make a lot of sense.
DianaLa, Thinking of you today and praying all is well with you!!!

Phew! I know that is not everyone, but thats all I can see when I scroll down one page, so that will have to do for now.
Lots of losses lately! Lets keep it going!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #138
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: 292/165.2/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

My butt is dragging today!

Weigh In: 146.2
Down: .4

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!

Maintenance Weight Range 150-155 <-- this was in the past, my current goal is to get below 160 and I will reassess from there

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #139

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Not sure what's going on with me. I ate pretty badly yesterday. I won't go into details, but there wasn't a lot of fruits or vegetables. It started with an unexpected lunch meeting that, literally, left a bad taste in my mouth. Calories were about 2000, which is high but not crazy high, but it was a lot of food that are just not part of my normal routines.

So today: weigh-in 195.8. No surprise there. Days like yesterday are why I don't get two lows in a row. I feel pretty bad. Spacey and dizzy. Not majorly so, but enough to feel off. I don't know if it's the crappy food yesterday, impending TOM, or crushing stress levels, but something's gotten to me. I was tempted to stay home today, but I just can't do that without being flat on my back sick.

I hope everyone has a better day than mine's started out.

First mini-goal: 5% - 209 - Met 04/29/11
Second mini-goal: 10% - 198 - Met 6/27/11
Third mini-goal: 15% - 187
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #140
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone,

Jomatho you must have the "christmas day jitters" only not for christmas, but for your yard sale. You were up, posting, planned out into the night and the next two days! I woke up this morning and said to myself I have to pee, then I closed my eyes again. I hope you get everything done that you have to (which sounds like a lot) if your friend can't walk somehow I see you "working out" anyway

Diana good morning

Yes, it's true I made a good decision last night, that's a first (well ok not a first). I'm proud of myself. I did two things that were super important last night, although I'm sure I didn't realize it then. 1) I made and alternative with lower carb ingredients for myself which is a healthier choice instead of going all out bad on myself. Yay me. (mini cheer). and 2) I showed my kids that when something is important and roadblocks get in the way (cravings) if we "drive" slower we have a chance to see detours. I want them to learn by my example (and I'm not always the best role model). I want them to one day see that mom was fat and ate a lot of cake, but when she really put her mind to it, she lost weight and now has control (which I have to say is a lot considering I'm out of control a lot and not just with food).

So all is good! I'm up .2, not bad ey? Maybe tomorrow I'll hit the big 40#, maybe not I am supposed to have jury duty so I have no idea what I should do. I think I'm just going to have a shake on my way out, a bar for lunch and another for a snack if I get super hungry. I'll take my packets of sf hawaiin punches and hopefully they'll have water fountain or bottles somewhere. My plan is to do a drive by today so I know where I have to be tomorrow at 8.30. Ugh I hate new places. And now wish I would have gotten a doctor's note. I'm hoping they don't pick me because I'm not mentally reliable to pay attention or to do the right thing. Let's just hope when I call tonight they don't need me.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #141
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

zoodoo I hope it gets better.

Last edited by mamakat : 07-21-2011 at 09:20 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #142
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning, I'm an insomniac, I've been awake for 24 hours. I have a feeling I'm going to sleep till dinner today. which is not good at all. I hope to fix this by time Fall semester hits. Hope all is well with everyone else.

SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #143
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW 271/SW 249/ticker/GW 163

Height: 5'8"

Down .8 to 185.6. I am buzzing around work so hard that I forgot to check in. I'll be back at lunch time.

Oh!! I found the most amazing article!!!! A resource that you can text in and ask the nutritional information for anything. I tried it and it worked for me!!!

http://www.livestrong.com/blog/blog/...pai gn=110719

BBL!!!
MyFitnessPal ID: Vixsin013

No longer Overweight = 164 I'm comin' for you...

Countdown to GOAL!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #144
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 288.8 Up almost four pounds from yesterday, and three pounds from my "starting" weight two and a half weeks ago. Oy. Maybe I should go back to weighing myself just once a week. I know that I'm one of those people whose water weight fluctuates madly. Hoping it is just that. Building muscle, or something.

Did my run today, and it's actually getting to the point where I almost don't feel guilty calling it a "run!" I walked 5 ran 4 pretty much the whole way. It was hard, whew! Tomorrow is a cross training day, though, so I get to take it pretty easy and swim instead. Woohoo!

Calorie counted to the last calorie yesterday, but I had a realization. :gasp: I had been forgetting to calculate the calories in my cereal milk, so I was about 110 calories high every day. I doubt that counted towards the weight gain, honestly. But at least now I know!

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else have any good stories about how their weight didn't drop after two and a half weeks of exercise? I better woosh soon, or I'm gonna get cranky. >.<
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #145
Giantess

Mamakat: Sounds like you have a plan for jury duty day. Those things can be dangerous, cause you're just sitting there doing nothing for hours! When I had to do it I was sure I brought tons of healthy snacks so I wasn't tempted by the courthouse vending machines, and a magazine with lots of rather in-shape people to keep me motivated. And a book, cause man, sometimes those lawyers take FOREVER.

Jomatho: Thanks! I like your avatar! I was thinking I'd change to something "runny" (that sounds somehow wrong, eh?) when I really felt I deserved it.

I want to reply to so many other people, but I have to go run errands. Look for a job, get a storage space for my displaced classroom, etc.

I'll check back later. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #146

S/C/G: 136/131/110

Height: 5'-1"

Hi all

So wonderful to see everyone's progress. I had a tiny personal victory today and thought I'd share. I had a meeting at 8:00 and had to leave home at 7:30 (btw, we don't have AC at home, so I wake up every morning bathed in sweat and feeling not very rested). So, I ended up with no time for breakfast at home, and had a minor panic - what was I going to eat, and I'm so hungry all the time. Quelching the crankiness at my meeting, I decided I would work at the public library and not at my hot home..... ok, I'll get to the point already.... so I stopped at Dunkin Donuts since I was starving, and got the $1.29 Eggwhite veggie wrap, it totally satisfied me, and I felt so relieved that I could make this choice and not succumb to my donut craving. Along with a skim milk iced coffee, I felt it was the best breakfast ever! Funny how being really hungry will do that.

I know I won't have time to exercise today, but I have kept my committment the last 5 days, so taking today off will be ok. I walked 8 blocks this morning, and will do another 8 blocks this afternoon, so will just count that towards my activity level. Yes, I have started running recently - and am on week one of the C25K program, so today is a scheduled day off from that as well.

Anyways, yesterday was fine - I just ate veggies and tofu in many different combinations all day, and had a low fat cheese snack at night to help with my cravings.

mojoju - stick with the running, its brutal in this hot weather, but it will get cooler in a few months, and you'll be able to do so much more by then (at least that's what I'm telling myself)

vixsin - thanks for the link, very useful, and congrats on pushing forward

jomatho - thanks for the note, yes I just started running this week!

mamakat - great to see that your week is improving, you're such a strong person, I'm amazed by you

and Diana - thanks for kicking each day off

Have a great day everyone!
JuhiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #147

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojuju View Post
Weight: 288.8 Up almost four pounds from yesterday, and three pounds from my "starting" weight two and a half weeks ago. Oy. Maybe I should go back to weighing myself just once a week. I know that I'm one of those people whose water weight fluctuates madly. Hoping it is just that. Building muscle, or something.

Did my run today, and it's actually getting to the point where I almost don't feel guilty calling it a "run!" I walked 5 ran 4 pretty much the whole way. It was hard, whew! Tomorrow is a cross training day, though, so I get to take it pretty easy and swim instead. Woohoo!

Calorie counted to the last calorie yesterday, but I had a realization. :gasp: I had been forgetting to calculate the calories in my cereal milk, so I was about 110 calories high every day. I doubt that counted towards the weight gain, honestly. But at least now I know!

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else have any good stories about how their weight didn't drop after two and a half weeks of exercise? I better woosh soon, or I'm gonna get cranky. >.<
That is water weight. It takes about 3500 calories above your requirements to gain a pound. So unless you consumed 14,000 calories above your maintenance level it is not fat. Sodium can wreck havoc with us, about a month ago my sodium was very high one day and the scale showed that I gained 12 pounds over night!! Even at my worst I could not eat enough food in one day to gain that much. It was all gone in a couple of days and I was back to normal. Not that I ever claim to be normal.

Larry,

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #148
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh Man, my older son is still sick. We're beginning to worry it's mono. He's had a high fever for 5 days now (after it hits 102 we give him tylenol) - every day for 4 full days, working on day five now. Super sore throat. He's been on antibiotics for two days, it's touching nothing.

So, day one of vacation is already cancelled (tomorrow). We might see if we can flip the vacation around - first Boston and then CT. We'll see... It's not looking good.

But, trying to stay positive. If it is mono. It's best for my high schooler to get it NOW in summer and not in HS or worse, college. Actually, any virus this long/intense is best to get now.

None of the adults are getting it around us (MIL, myself or DH). We'll have them test for it at 4 pm today at his appt. We're running out of things it could possibly be after so long of sickness.

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #149
Giantess

JuhiR: Congrats!!! Don't those good choices just feel amazing?! If you have the money, you could make a routine of going to DnD for those items, it will become something you look forward to, and before you know it a healthy habit is formed! I absolutely love their low fat sugar free coffee. It's def a cut above the rest of the fast food coffees, I don't care that McDonalds puts a "Cafe" after their trademark, lol. Their coffee is still terribad.

VixSin: Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for that neat link!

Berryblondeboys: Oh, your poor baby! I hope he's feeling better soon! Mono is such a miserable trek. Maybe the fever will break soon, and it won't be that.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #150
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i will be around here later....berry, hope things will get better soon for your boy, mono suckssss

there is a flood warning for my area, a lake above the glacier broke free and the river is slowly rising and partly flooding areas...i dont think we're in harms way but we do live within a mile or so of the river on flat land...
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.