3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Fun Goal Rewards (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/238280-fun-goal-rewards.html)

heathermichigan 07-16-2011 10:50 PM

Fun Goal Rewards

Hey all
I am not one to give myself a reward for reaching a specific goal (say 2 new outfits when I'm X weight or spa day if I lose X pounds). I just buy myself some things that I want but don't need here and there for fun and motivation without pressure. Once I reach my goal, I fully intend to do it up right, though! :carrot:

Does anyone have a totally awesome goal reward coming up? I've love to hear about it!

KittyKat1465 07-16-2011 11:15 PM

I have a whole list with specific weight loss and rewards. My ultimate reward when I reach my goal weight is a cruise. I've always wanted to go on one, but I've been way too self concious. I can't wait for that day! My mom also told me she would buy me a new wardrobe when I got below 200 and then shin when I reach my goal. Pretty good incentives! :)

KatieC87 07-17-2011 01:53 AM

Okay, mine's not half as awesome as KittyKat's. (Color me green with envy!) But I've been growing my hair for charity since July 2009, and I decided that if I reach my goal weight of 150 by November 4, I'm going to be gutsy and go to a nice salon to get a short haircut. I've never had the confidence to sport a short 'do, but I think a 150-pound, tone body is just what I need to pull it off! ;)

I thought about giving myself rewards for smaller goals, but then I decided the result itself - being a healthier, happier, more confident gal - should be enough for now. But reach your goal weight, and you deserve to do it big!

kaplods 07-17-2011 02:29 AM

I keep a weight loss binder almost like a scrapbook (with sections for recipes and motivational articles... It used to also house my food journal, but the binder got to heavy to carry around all day, so now my food journals are small notebooks).

Anyway I also keep my sticker chart in there. Each page looks sort of like a blank bingo card with a blank line at the end of each row. Every box contains two numbers. In one corner a weight and in another the pound lost - for example my first box (upper left corner) contained the number 393 in one corner, and 1 in the other (to show that I weighed 393 lbs and had lost one pound). At the end of each row (5 lbs lost) I would give myself a small reward, worth no more than $5, and often free. It might be an itunes download, or a paperback book from the thrift store, or just about anything.

Each page contains a sheet representing 20 lbs (5 columns and 4 rows). If I have a gain, I peel off the stickers, I just can't add a new sticker until I can fill the next empty box. That way only a new pound counts towards rewards.

At the end of the page, for completing the last row (and filling the whole card) I usually choose a slightly bigger prize.

I also have a few milestone rewards here and there that are seperate from the sticker cards. For example I don't remember what I did to celebrate, but I celebrated when I lost my 71st pound, because my previous weight loss record was 70 lbs. I also celebrated when I got under 350 lbs (and got an MP3 player for my birthday. I had to wait a little past my birthday, but it was worth it).

I want to do something special for getting under 300 lbs, because it's been more than 20 years since I've been there before.

savanahfloc 07-17-2011 02:34 AM

I have some adorable pants that I used to fit in but don't anymore. Being able to wear them again will be reward enough. My goal is 25lbs by Christmas

ShanIAm 07-17-2011 06:12 AM

Good timing of this post because I actually decided on my reward yesterday after talking to my mom. In the beginning my reward was going to be a new wardrobe but I had to get that by default. :) So clothes were my mini rewards along the way. Anyway, back to what I decided on......

Breast implants! :D

When I look at myself in the mirror I am generally happy with most of what I see right now. Hips/thighs aside but that will come in time. I am just not happy with these deflated balloons of mine. And I may eventually want to look into other plastic surgery options such as a butt lift.

doopdoop 07-17-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanIAm (Post 3940679)
Good timing of this post because I actually decided on my reward yesterday after talking to my mom. In the beginning my reward was going to be a new wardrobe but I had to get that by default. :) So clothes were my mini rewards along the way. Anyway, back to what I decided on......

Breast implants! :D

When I look at myself in the mirror I am generally happy with most of what I see right now. Hips/thighs aside but that will come in time. I am just not happy with these deflated balloons of mine. And I may eventually want to look into other plastic surgery options such as a butt lift.

I'm not going to crusade against your reward (because I really feel everyone is entitled to do whatever makes them happiest), but I just want to say one thing.

As a woman who dates women, and as a graphic artist, I have seen many a boob (including my own) and have also been tasked with photoshopping boobs to the eye-popping perfection you see on magazine covers in the checkout line. From my vast experience, I can tell you with complete assurance that NO ONE has these gravity defying poke-your-eye-out perfectly rounded boobs that are advertised at every turn. They just do not exist. I wish I could show you a before and after boob photoshop job, because you would see that even the "perfect" women have normal boobs before you use the "bloat" and "warp" tool on them.

I'd say invest in a few really nice push up bras and spend the rest on something awesome :carrot:

(I don't mean for this to come off preachy...I just hear of so many women wanting boob jobs...and it kills me to think of people hating a part of their body that is sexy in its natural state, simply b/c we've been taught to think that boobs should look a way that they definitely do not in real life :( )

AZ Sunrises 07-17-2011 10:38 AM

Two weeks in Kauai. :) I've been considering a vacation there for a few years--a friend's father owns a condo with a 180* ocean view. I've decided that will be my reward.

heathermichigan 07-17-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises (Post 3940898)
Two weeks in Kauai. :) I've been considering a vacation there for a few years--a friend's father owns a condo with a 180* ocean view. I've decided that will be my reward.

Oooooooooooooh!! Good one! :) In my opinion, there is NOTHING better than an awesome vacay and I LOOVE love love LOVE Hawaii. :)

But it is also cool to see the wide variety of answers. I hadn't thought about plastic surgery. I might consider that if my stomach still has lots of excess skin.

SMess 07-17-2011 10:53 AM

Buy a bikini! I haven't worn one since I was six (A hot pink one with white pokadots. I was HOT). I haven't put myself in a position to wear a bathing suit of any kind for a few years, but before that it was shorts and a t-shirt. I can't wait to show-off a skini-mini me!

aka8941 07-17-2011 11:03 AM

Shellac!

A new wardrobe, obviously, when I reach my goal. 140?/150? But, for right now, I just want to get to 15 pounds lost. I'll go spend some real money on my nails, and get the shellac and everything!! I work in a real estate office on the weekends, and these ladies, even after the housing bubble burstage still go all out on their nails. I should be able to keep up, I'm more than half their age!!

MaryB75 07-17-2011 12:05 PM

This is a fun topic. I haven't really thought of doing rewards before but I was able to come up with a few. :-) I started at 180 lbs and my goal is 120 so here are my goals.

160 - manicure / pedicure
140 - hair colored and highlighted
120 - new clothes

Angie 07-17-2011 12:37 PM

Someone on another thread (Rhonda) mentioned that she bought a new charm for her Pandora bracelet at certain milestones, I thought that was a fantastic idea. I'm planning on buying myself a nice charm when I get to ONEderland. :)

KatieC87 07-17-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopdoop (Post 3940882)
I'm not going to crusade against your reward (because I really feel everyone is entitled to do whatever makes them happiest), but I just want to say one thing.

As a woman who dates women, and as a graphic artist, I have seen many a boob (including my own) and have also been tasked with photoshopping boobs to the eye-popping perfection you see on magazine covers in the checkout line. From my vast experience, I can tell you with complete assurance that NO ONE has these gravity defying poke-your-eye-out perfectly rounded boobs that are advertised at every turn. They just do not exist. I wish I could show you a before and after boob photoshop job, because you would see that even the "perfect" women have normal boobs before you use the "bloat" and "warp" tool on them.

I'd say invest in a few really nice push up bras and spend the rest on something awesome :carrot:

(I don't mean for this to come off preachy...I just hear of so many women wanting boob jobs...and it kills me to think of people hating a part of their body that is sexy in its natural state, simply b/c we've been taught to think that boobs should look a way that they definitely do not in real life :( )

I just wanted to add to this that the scars from any kind of breast surgery aren't very attractive. When I met my husband, I was toying with the idea of breast reduction (38DD and hate them), and he told me about a woman he was dating who had the same surgery and how unattractive the scars were after. So, I did a little online research. Sure, no one will see the scars if you're wearing clothes, but if you're looking to change the way you look while dressed, a nice pushup bra will do the trick. (My mom also decided against a boob lift after the doctor she visited for a consultation showed her before/after photos.)

I don't want to sound like I'm discouraging you. I just want you to be sure to do some intense research and know what you're getting into before you make that kind of decision. If you've looked into this already and think it's worth it, then you should do what you think is best for you. Just be sure first.

butterflymama 07-17-2011 01:26 PM

I was never really into rewards as just living healthy is a huge reward. However I did decide that I am going to treat myself to this body scrub and polish at this water spa here in Toronto. I have gone to the spa twice before to do the water circuit (you go into different types of pools of healing waters interspersed with sauna, steam room and relaxing) it is awesome and the first time I went with my friend and we went naked! (this was when I was still at 249) it was very liberating!!

Anyway they also have awesome spa services that you can have done after doing the water circuit but they are much more expensive. I really want to do the body scrub and polish and it costs $205 so I decided the last time I was there that I would treat myself when I hit the weight of 205.

My first mini goal is 10% of my body weight and I am almost there and I was thinking that I may treat myself when I hit that but not sure with what.

Oh and also I will start running again when I get under 200 lbs as I want to run a 5km charity run next year. I ran it in 2007 when my daughter was the honouree and I was 9.5 weeks pregnant with my son. I had to go easy as I was pregnant and next year I plan on going for a personal best :)