Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #1  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Finding Motivation/Self-Esteem

I'm not quite sure what to title this or how to go about what I'm trying to work through....Does anyone else suffer from finding motivation?

i decided after i hit "post" that i'm not quite comfortable sharing all of that out in the open...i think it's something i still need to work out in my head first...since i can't figure out how to delete the whole thing, i just erased alot of it...

sorry about that on other forums, i could figure out how to remove a thread but perhaps i cant here since i'm not a moderator here like i was on other forums

Last edited by alaskanlaughter; 07-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #2  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
My main reasons for wanting to get down to 150 is so that I will look even better in clothes, to prevent diabetes down the road, and so that it will be easier on my joints and bad back when i get older, by getting thinner now. I dont want my health to deteriorate and then think back "oh I wish I would have lost weight in my 30s"
Your first thing about why you want to lose weight is "to look better". While there's nothing inherently wrong with that, and I see you mention health directly afterward! - I would think that your first priority would be to BE HEALTHY, so that you can share that health with your children & be there to watch them grow up and hopefully show them that taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for YOU and THOSE YOU LOVE.

For me, that's motivation, and it doesn't waver. And believe me, when you "look back" you WILL wish you'd "lost weight in your 30's"... because when you're push'n 50 (as I am) it gets harder. HARDER. Not just harder to do, but harder on your body, your joints, etc. And who wants that? Not me! And I bet not you either!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 07-15-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote