Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm trying to get back. I gained what I had lost plus more :(

I am trying to gain that motivation i had when I was losing weight some months ago. I feel completely opposite than what I felt before. Anyways, I just looking for some support to get back.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #2  
Every moment is a choice

S/C/G: 450/tracker/??

Height: 5' 6"

So, on the positive side... You know how to lose weight. I think that's a good place to start :-)

When you say you feel opposite, what do you mean?
Snaplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #3  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Me too sister. But here we are, trying to get ourselves back in shape!

Three cheers for picking ourselves up, dusting ourselves off and doing the hard work that we need to do!
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #4  

Boy, do I know how you feel. It has taken be five years to get back into the swing of things. What worked for me was to try something completely different from what I normally did to lose weight. I tried the 17 day diet (there's a thread for it under General Diet plans). I only stayed on it for less than a week, but it got me back in the "mode" of losing weight, and now I'm back to calorie counting and have been doing great for 7 weeks.

So, here are a couple of suggestions:

1) Try something completely different from what you normally do.

2) Write a list of small changes that you know you can do. Make doing those your goal initially. Add a couple more to your list each week.

Good luck!
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #5  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

Height: 5'3"

Try setting small rewards for yourself at certain weight loss points. Like 10lbs you get a new bath and body set, 30lbs you get a new purse, 50lbs you get a 3 day spa and vacation trip. This way you have things that you are working towards. Don't reward yourself with dinner, or with new clothes until you have lost the weight that you want to. At least I have found that if I reward my self with clothes and I'm not to my ideal weight I end up getting frustrated with the whole thing. Hope this helps!
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #6  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Motivation comes and goes. Like those shoe people say: "Just do it!" One foot in front of the other, one choice at a time.

And be kind to yourself. You lost weight before, you regained (like ninety-something% of people who lose weight), and now you're back and trying to lose again. Good for you! You've got more experience now that will help you lose the weight again and learn how to keep it off.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

I agree with lin43, try a totally new type of diet. I used to do Weight Watchers and it just wasn't working for me and I wasn't motivated to stick with it. I switched to South Beach Diet, started reading all about lower carb diets and that's what motivated me and it's worked great for me. High carb/low fat diets just don't work for me at this stage of life.
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin43 View Post
Boy, do I know how you feel. It has taken be five years to get back into the swing of things. What worked for me was to try something completely different from what I normally did to lose weight. I tried the 17 day diet (there's a thread for it under General Diet plans). I only stayed on it for less than a week, but it got me back in the "mode" of losing weight, and now I'm back to calorie counting and have been doing great for 7 weeks.

So, here are a couple of suggestions:

1) Try something completely different from what you normally do.

2) Write a list of small changes that you know you can do. Make doing those your goal initially. Add a couple more to your list each week.

Good luck!
Totally agree. Sometimes doing something different like that in the beginning can jump start weight loss and get you re-motivated to see the scales moving in the right direction again. Hang in there! I would venture to say that most people have done this at least once before really becoming successful at reaching the goal and maintaining it. Good luck. This site is great for support and also keeps you busy when you're thinking about food I come here just to remember what I'm doing and why.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post

Motivation comes and goes. Like those shoe people say: "Just do it!" One foot in front of the other, one choice at a time.

And be kind to yourself. You lost weight before, you regained (like ninety-something% of people who lose weight), and now you're back and trying to lose again. Good for you! You've got more experience now that will help you lose the weight again and learn how to keep it off.
Also agree. Motivation waxes and wanes. Truthfully, I've sometimes felt like it was "job" of sorts on really hard days. But one foot in front of the other. "just for today, I'll stay the course." The motivation returns when you hit a new milestone - like smaller size, or loss on the scale. Some days it's just about getting through it meal to meal. Some days the motivation is sky high. But breaking it in to small manageable goals is helpful.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #10  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I've had a very positive experience trying a totally different plan this time. A couple of years ago, I lost over 40 lbs with calorie counting but ran out of motivation to stick with it, and put back on most of what I had lost. I kept making half-hearted attempted to get back to calorie counting but it just wouldn't take.

This time, I'm doing the Dukan Diet, which is something that is I guess kind of extreme, but it's really working for me. Even though it's more restrictive, I find it easier to stick with than calorie counting was for me. And I've been really thrilled with the results.

So whether or not it's this specific plan that is working for me, or just the fact that it's something new, I think it's always worth trying something different when what you are doing isn't working for you.

btw, there is a thread about this here, which I am trying to keep going as support for all of us who want to break this cycle once and for all!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...fat-again.html
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #11  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

You can do it! Just getting on here and declaring that you want to get back on track is the first HUGE step.
Now use that motivation to begin the next steps with healthier eating and exercise. You're on your way!!!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #12  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Welcome back!

LGW
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #13  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really get where you're coming from. I have lost weight only to gain it back, and then some. It's a horrible feeling (for me) and I became very depressed. I had to get right back on that wagon, even though I didn't really want to. I just didn't see any end in sight to my poor choices.

The most important thing for me has been writing down (well, I do it on my phone) all the foods I eat and I count the calories. I have also really increased my intake of veggies.

Working out helps me psychologically more than anything else and that is very important for this journey.

What I'm doing different? I'm using Walden Farms ranch dressing that has no calories. It really helps me consume veggies. I take it with me whenever I eat out too.

You can do it! If I can do it anyone can. I suffer from chronic daily migraines (of varying degrees)...I used to use that as an excuse but then I realized that I can be thin in pain or heavy in pain and I have strived to do the thin version of me.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

I know just how you feel. I think we all lack motivation from time to time. The important thing is that you do something about it. So you gained more weight...that's in the past there is nothing you can do about that. What you can do is learn from your mistake and work towards losing it. You can do it. This has happened to all of us at one time or another
Mitsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote