Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Heck ya! Every month! Unfortunately, i had surgery 5/23 and i have YET to get TOM so basically i've been way up on the scale, bloated and everything else. Basically i've been irritable for 2 months straight lol!!! Your not alone
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I have also noticed (after 40+ years of having periods, you do tend to notice patterns!!)
Amen sister! I notice them too!
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/197/138

Height: 5'6.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
Yah I gain so much during my TOM. My weight usually goes up 5-8lbs. It's awful. I know it's not true weight gain but I feel bloated and the whole works. Cramps from heck too. Does anyone else have a problem with diarrhea or headaches or anything?
ME TOO! I had them so bad before I had my son I ended up in the hospital a few times. I thought my guts were staging a mutiny. They always sent me home with some high powered pain meds but it wasn't until I found my current OB that I found out the cause and stopped going to the ER. I was never so thankful in my life to find out there was something wrong/different with my body.

I find that Aleve and hot baths along with relaxation (hypno-birthing) breathing really help my cramping. It's also not as bad since I had my son. I guess the parts stretched out

As an aside to this thread: I made a promise to myself to not step on the scale again today... I'm not usually a compulsive scale watcher but this week has had me in a tither.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your woes. It makes me feel a whole lot better.

One for every 5 pounds GONE!

AmberJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #19  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Oh boy do I! Sometimes I gain almost 10lbs, but it disappears quickly once TOM is gone.
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #20  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh yes, I'm on my TOM and up a few pounds above what I know to be a truer weight right now, based on previous weeks and calorie intake. It is very, very normal and will smooth back out in a few days
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Urgh...Tom has arrived and I'm getting back pain, cramps, a heavy period, and I get emotional at the smallest thing. Seriously I found myself crying over a tv advert today, no idea why, I don't even remember which ad it was. I'm also up 5lbs on the scales and feel like a hippo due to water retention and feeling bloated. It also feels like I have a very large balloon in my stomach, not good. I haven't beaten my cravings for wine and ice cream but I have curbed them and kept within my calorie limit
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/197/138

Height: 5'6.75"

Oh thank heavens! TOM is winding down and the scale said 197.4! I can breathe again... and hope for a loss between now and Monday

My journey

15lbs. in July Challenge

50lbs. by New Years Challenge

One for every 5 pounds GONE!

AmberJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Default You're not alone there!

Gah! As you already know, you're not alone there! I only weigh once a week (My heart couldn't take the daily fluctuations in weight!), but I'm skipping this Friday because of TOM. It's really bummed me out because I did well with eating and exercise this week, so I want to see my progress PRONTO! But I'll wait... It's better than being discouraged by a deceiving number on the scale.
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote