Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/167.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Could use a pep talk

I have lost 60 pounds over the last year but lately my willpower has been waivering. Where I used to be able to eat clean at any restaurant, now I will take just a few chips, or have a cookie here and there. My weightloss has slowed, for obvious reasons even though I generally stay in the 1300 to 1500 calorie range and I work out 4 days a week. I had really hoped to lose 100 pounds in this year and I feel a little discouraged. I am always second guessing my caloric intake, thinking I should cut down my calories to get this last 49 pounds off. I guess I need a bit of a pep talk and some of your collective wisdom to push me past this hump. I really appreciatethis community and the support you offer.
Luka822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 AM   #2  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

You know what? We all feel like giving up every now and then but we shouldn't!!!

"Suffering is temporary, quiting is forever"

Bounce back! Sure you had a few bad days but you can always jump and try again!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

The good thing is that you already know where the problems were. If you don't fix it, you'll not only stagnate, but actually gain weight back - and you don't want that! You've worked too hard to quit now. In fact, you're over halfway there.

Can't wait to see the after pics!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170.4/tracker/150

Height: 5'8"

Anytime I used to get within a few pounds of goal weight, I think "it's enough" and start maintaining. Yeah, I could probably be at my new goal by now if I hadn't done that a few times now, but you know what, I'm not going to this time, 5 to go and I'm gonna get it! I reset my ticker, calendar, log book, etc. whenever I did that and just kept pushing forward, you can too! Just reset and start fresh again!

Last edited by Lylitu; 07-12-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Lylitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka822 View Post
I have lost 60 pounds over the last year but lately my willpower has been waivering. Where I used to be able to eat clean at any restaurant, now I will take just a few chips, or have a cookie here and there. My weightloss has slowed, for obvious reasons even though I generally stay in the 1300 to 1500 calorie range and I work out 4 days a week. I had really hoped to lose 100 pounds in this year and I feel a little discouraged. I am always second guessing my caloric intake, thinking I should cut down my calories to get this last 49 pounds off. I guess I need a bit of a pep talk and some of your collective wisdom to push me past this hump. I really appreciatethis community and the support you offer.
You have done great so far, losing 60 lbs. It's understandable that your weight loss would slow down, because at this lower weight, your body doesn't require as many calories. That's a discouraging thought in itself. I think your body is telling you it needs to maintain for awhile. After your body adjusts to the weight you have lost, you should be able to start losing again. Weigh yourself regularly to be sure you're not gaining. What kind of exercise are you doing? If you do the same exercises all the time your body gets used to that and you need to switch to something else to give it a little challenge.

Carol
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I am glad you posted about this as you have received great responses so far! There are so many people who will lose their resolve to lose weight and then just disappear for a while. And when they come back they gained back most, if not all, of the weight they worked so hard getting off in the first place.

And YOU have put a lot of hard work in this past year. Do NOT give up now! If you spent a year hiking across country from California to NY, would you get to Pennsylvania and just say "Screw it, I'm done". Stupid analogy but this is pretty much the same thing.

You are more than half way to goal and that is something to be very proud of!

Last edited by ShanIAm; 07-12-2011 at 08:27 AM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 259/167.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

Ladies, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. The cross country tip analogy actually really hit home. Each of you made me feel better and I'm firmly back on track this morning. You're right, how insane would it be to let it all come to a halt (or revert) at this point. Plus, I have an entire shelf of new clothes (all a couple of sizes too small) waiting for me for fall!
Luka822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #8  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Avoid the "all or nothing" mentality. If you eat healthy most of the time you will continue to lose weight.

Also, realize that losing weight and maintaining weight go hand-in-hand. Once you lose the weight, you still have to continue certain eating habits. Even those that are within thier ideal weight range (even if unconsciously) think about and plan what they eat...you have to develop these life long habits.

LGW
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote