3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #121
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! Just a bit of a post before bed.

Diana3271- You and Magnum are in my thoughts.

Shishkeberry- Happy birthday!!!

Add me to the list of those expecting a gain tomorrow. We also had tacos tonight. But I was within my calories and also was able to hit the gym today.

Thinking of you all!

still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #122
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just realized I've only been on my monthly stall for 9 days... I probably have another 8-9 days to go. And here I was thinking I've done so well so far mentally... That's because I'm just halfway! The hard part is yet to come!

And yep, my weight will be up tomorrow. Weighing myself now before bed I'm 201. The least I'll weigh in the morning is 199. Ugh! But I enjoyed that taco salad a lot!

Sitting down in bed now with the iPad. Have a book by my side. I haven't read for pleasure for so long, I forgot how I think... Let's see how far I get! Decided to read Reading Lolita in Tehran

Restart 5/18/15 began at 263.9. All time high was 275 in 7/03. Low in Summer 2012 of 169.
A for the first 50 pounds lost, plus a for every additional 5 pounds lost on the weight loss reboot:

My journey to a healthier lifestyle blog http://melissaslife42.blogspot.com/
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #123

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Ok I'm having one of those nights where I want to get in my car and buy EVERYTHING in the local convenience store candy aisle.

I JUST restarted SB phase 1 (very clean eating). I'm finishing up day 2. I just need to get over the hump so that the cravings come down. Right now my body wants SUGAR. I'm guessing I'll calm down by day 4-5.

I haven't caved and wont but would appreciate a few words of encouragement.

Thanks guys

edit - it seems EVERY commercial on TV is for sweets, the new Wendy's fruit frostys, snickers ice cream, dominos pizza. I HATE this. People who air these commercials should be shot

Now John Steward is talking about "National French Fry Day" and obesity rates. That calmed me down...

(1) 235 [X] -- 9/17/14_____________(6) 210 [X]
(2) 230 [X] -- 9/29/14_____________(7) 205 [X]
(3) 225 [X] -- 11/5/14_____________(8) 200 [X]
(4) 220 [X] -- 11/12/14____________(9) 195 [X]
(5) 215 [X] -- 11/19/14___________(10) 190 [X]

"If it's important to you, you will find a way, if not, you’ll find an excuse." - Unknown

Last edited by Scarlett; 07-14-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #124
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it wasnt a good day for carbs today....very stressed, sunburned, tired and busy...ate smores even though it caused such stomach upset yesterday...ate raviolis...drank alot of water though and havent had much of an appetite today...ive eaten 935 calories and WAYYY too many carbs so far....

calculator says i'm supposed to eat 1700 calories for weight loss...does that sound right to you??
Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #125

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

AlaskanLaughter- use the Harris Benedict Equation. You might need to spend a little time on Google to figure it out. It's used in Nutrition research and is proven to be more accurate than other formulas ie Mifflin st. Joer. Be very conservative with the "activity factor" though. My nutrition professor said that the "light activity" number was shown to be the one to use on the college students for her research. Also this was a college where you could easily walk 5 miles a day getting around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris-Benedict_equation

(1) 235 [X] -- 9/17/14_____________(6) 210 [X]
(2) 230 [X] -- 9/29/14_____________(7) 205 [X]
(3) 225 [X] -- 11/5/14_____________(8) 200 [X]
(4) 220 [X] -- 11/12/14____________(9) 195 [X]
(5) 215 [X] -- 11/19/14___________(10) 190 [X]

"If it's important to you, you will find a way, if not, you’ll find an excuse." - Unknown
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #126
Lifelong Alaskan!

i looked that up and calculated BMR and than the equation...maintenance has me at about 2300 for my weight, a 500-calorie deficit has me at 1844, which is close to the 1700 that i figured from another site
Old 07-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #127
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening All,
It was another long day! I only got to sit down for dinner (which I cooked and cleaned up after) and when I went on errands. There is a reason I stopped painting 11 years ago. I get so much paint everywhere, my goodness I found some up my nose and around my mouth as though I had been sniffing it and then eating it. And this primer does not just wash off so those errands I had to run was for primer remover.
We only got the priming done, but what a difference that made in itself. My son picked out a wonderful shade of green and I can't wait to see how it will look. When all the painting is done and you sit in my kitchen (which is a tuscan orange) you will be able to see the living room (a cool/deep flat blue) then through the entry way you will see the foyer (it will be a deep rustic red flat). Each room accents the other like an Arizona summer night. The green is for the land (that is my favorite color.)

I kept under calorie all week so far. Pretty amazed with that. I am exhausted as this will be the third night of insomnia. I am hoping beyond hope I fall asleep. I'm tired and my arms are aching, but I'm antsy to get back to work. Even after doing dishes tonight I asked myself what else could I do. So at 9.50 I went shopping for needed things. I got home and found DH sound asleep. I am going to try and join him.
I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy night.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #128
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Whew. I think I've used my 4.2 lb loss for last week as an excuse to eat today. I haven't tracked so I don't know how many calories I've had. I don't wanna know. I guess it'll be my splurge day. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow! This week, I'm trying to conquer my diet coke addiction. Read a really nasty article about the caramel coloring (actually, about the way they process the caramel coloring with ammonia) and it scared me into at least cutting WAY back on the drinks that contain caramel coloring (ALL caffeinated sodas--I only drink the diet ones).....so I had one diet coke today (it was a large fountain drink from Sonic, so a lot of it was melted ice since I drank the cup DRY of ice and all....) Not too bad. I have drank diet mountain dew today, though. It doesn't have the caramel coloring.

Anyway, I'm rambling! lol Good night folks!

GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #129
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Had a good day. Worked all day, but that is beside the point, lol. Because I worked late, only had 943 calories. Tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to get it up to 1,200.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:18 AM   #130
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Shishkeberry: hAPPi bIRTHDAy!!
on your workout today. I love it when I push myself to run when I don’t really feel like it. It makes the cals burned seem more expensive

MamaKat: If I had to repaint my house, I’d be a nervous wreck too. I painted it all except the exterior when DH and I moved in, then repainted a different color in 3 rooms about 2 yrs ago. When we need other repairs on this house, I’ll hire someone

DianaLA: Celebrating your loss with you!!

Alaskan: ((FAINTS)) 2100+ cals/day! Are you serious? How much are you wanting to loose in a week? I use My Fitness Pal and you can enter your weight, exercise level, and how much you want to lose in a week and it will calculate how many cals to eat per day. I adjusted mine to lose 1.5 lbs per week with a moderate activity level and my cals per day are 1230 & I still don’t lose 1.5 lbs in a week. Go figure!!
Hope the burn is better—you can repeat that “remedy” as needed. Let me know if it helped.

Scarlett: Hi Welcome to this thread and welcome to the “beach”. I used it for a month on P1 during the week and ate a few desserts on the weekends. You can do it!! Just restock your pantry with beans!! Anything but baked beans!! I use dried or low sodium canned and frozen. It really helped get me off the sugar. If you have a sweet tooth and can use an artificial sweetner—use it!! I survived on Polaner SF Allfruit and SF Caramel Syrup!

Mlgibson: May I borrow your cal intake from today for Thurs and Fri?? I could really use the lower end of the spectrum for a couple days

JenIansMom: TOM is cruel! I’ll beat him up for you!!

Jo: We have a couple yard sales every other year (my sis, mom, a few friends, and myself). We make it a big block party and have breakfast—the works!! It’s always a good time, but the work of it all is, well---WORK!!

Isabella: on the healthy weight range! I would love to join you! Any room left??

ZooDoo: WTG on the walk—Hey, at a 16:30 mile pace, you can almost “jog”!!!

Surfingssr:

Hi AbbySue, Melissa, Nikki, Jomo

User Bio, recipes, etc @ http://k9owner.blogspot.com/

Last edited by K9Owner; 07-14-2011 at 02:19 AM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #131
~Krystal~

I can’t even remember when I posted my food last (that’s bad) I think it was Monday, so we’ll go with that.

Tuesday’s Food
Cottage Cheese, Raspberries 95
Green Beans, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo 436
SBD Taco Bake, 9 Tortilla Chips, Vanilla Ice Cream, Pecans 522
Fiber1 Bar, Grahams, 1 Tbs PB 425 (what was this all about??)
Total 1478 (TOO MANY)

Water: 80 oz
No formal exercise

Wednesday’s Food
½ Protein Bar 180
Cottage Cheese, Raspberries, Omelet with String Cheese 246
Mixed Beans, Gracie Blue Watermelon Crème Sorbet 300
Quick Calories 500
Total 1226

Water: Couldn’t keep up, but more than 64 oz

I had to guess dinner—it was a marginal choice, including: 1 small slice Buffalo Chicken Pizza, 3 Squash Croquets, and a couple of bites of sautéed Cabbage

I want most of my eating days to be like this one. I wasn’t really ravenous and I had enough cals left at the end of the day that I didn’t have to worry about measuring every last gram of food.
I want most of my days to be like today—overcast & breezy & I was tired from lack of sleep, but pushed myself to go an extra 0.8 of a mile to get my cals in—I also walked this last 0.8, but kept my heart rate at 140-145 by doing various upper arm motions—vigorously!

I this day!

My mom and I made bread and butter pickles (5 pints) and started 2 gallons of “14 Day Sweet Pickles”, as well as 6 quarts of snap beans!!
Tomorrow is corn. I can hardly wait. I’ve already frozen 2 quarts of cream style and I shucked, silked, and creamed those 20 ears by myself. I don’t mind the shucking and creaming, but I hate silking corn—it’s so meticulous and BORING!!

to all of those who need it, including myself!! As usual, I have to remind myself that I can eat “too much healthy”!! I need a few 1000 cal or less days, but I feel like that dumb cRAVEN bird is at my doorstep!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #132
Lifelong Alaskan!

i went to my fitness pal and the only tool i could find like that was just for BMR, which said its 1633 to maintain my current weight, so to lose i read that i'd subtract 500 per day, which puts me at 1133 which seems awfully low...because i've read alot about how people eat TOO low and it shuts down their weight loss and messes up metabolism....but at least that one seems more reasonable than the other two calculators that i had found...but i didnt find the tool that lets you adjust exercise etc on there, or whatever it was

my sunburn is about the same today...it HURTS lol....i tried the remedy and it helped but i did it in the shower with a rag soaked in some and water...i didnt have time for a bath today, just a quick shower, and ive also put alot of aloe vera on it....my SIL gave me some burn cream also that was left over from when her son got a bad burn from hot liquids on his shoulder...the skin feels very tight and it hurts to stretch the skin on my legs, like when i squat down....one spot on my upper leg might blister but so far it hasn't

it's been a rough day with DH recovering and in a rotten mood, plus 4 kids here all day, plus being sunburned and tired...i ended the day at 1600 calories exactly and i dont know how many carbs...but i'm working on a cheat sheet to help track both calories and carbs for awhile and see how that goes...
Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #133
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
AlaskanLaughter- use the Harris Benedict Equation. You might need to spend a little time on Google to figure it out. It's used in Nutrition research and is proven to be more accurate than other formulas ie Mifflin st. Joer. Be very conservative with the "activity factor" though. My nutrition professor said that the "light activity" number was shown to be the one to use on the college students for her research. Also this was a college where you could easily walk 5 miles a day getting around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris-Benedict_equation
I used this and it is pretty accurate--either way, I can't eat what I used to and meet the goals I want! You can eat too much "healthy"!!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #134
BlockHead =)

Ohhh now I remember what happens to me when I cut out the sugar...I can't sleep! But then of course TTOM of the month makes me feel fatigued. What a great combo lol

Had another really good food day. Scale is still moving downward. I'm planning on having a really good loss to post in the morning. I've checked my fasting BS the last 4 mornings and it has been under 160 all 4 days I'm checking it at other times too. Actually had a low blood sugar spell yesterday though it wasn't technically low for a normal person was just low for me. I've experienced this before when I've started getting my BS in check and a good friend with type1 has the same issues. When she gets her BS to the range she is supposed to she feels terrible for a few days til her body gets used to it. But also I am more sensitive to highs now and highs used to be my functioning normal. Funny what you can adapt to. I have so many less aches and pains now though. Still experiencing way too many headaches. Going to get a new pillow at work today and see if that helps.

WARNING TMI ahead: I'm having a really hard time getting used to my body's new "routine". I used to be regular like clock work every morning and then other times as needed. And by as needed I mean whenever anything triggered an upset tummy. I still keep apple cider vinegar in my bag for help with an upset tummy. I'm used to it being very loose too. I even went to my pcp a year or so ago certain that I had gallbladder problems. She said she could do a bunch of tests but if I wasn't having an episode at the time it would be hard to tell. But what about if I just tried eating better for a little while and see if that made a difference? Scoff! What did she know?

Anyway, since July 4th I've gone every 3-4 days. Sometimes a very little in between, and that is usually hard work, though at the 3-4 day mark it's not too difficult. I know the changes are because I'm eating better, but it just seems weird to me. I've never experienced this when changing to healthier eating before. Firmer, yes, but not this change in frequency. End of TMI

Yesterday was another good food day. It's getting easier and having good choices in the house makes it easier to not have to think too much ahead. In the past having to plan every morsel for the day has not been good for me. I found myself focusing too much on food and eating even when not hungry because my plan told me too and it was kind of my reward for planning. Now I have a plan for supper but breakfast, snacks (if needed), and lunch are thought of at the time they are needed but I have several healthy options for each available at all times. The planning for me comes in when shopping or if I plan to eat out. For instance DH is meeting friends for supper at Longhorn tonight and he will bring supper home for me and the boy so I spent quite a bit of time last night combing the menu online to find the option that appealed to me both nutrition wise and taste wise.

Wow I wrote a novel.

Off to work for a few hours, then home to take my boy to the orthodontist and run errands, then back to working on the memorial video and hopefully some relax time. (I'm having a harder time sitting still lately and have been cleaning out various boxes, closets, etc..who is this alien woman who has invaded my body?)

Happy, healthy day to all
Jen
I've been in the 100lb Club, 300+ Club, 30-Somethings (now I'm 40-something), Alternachicks, Chicks up for a Challenge. I have Type 2 Diabetes, have been on meds for depression, struggled with binge eating and exercise motivation. I've been a calorie counter & a carb counter. I've been here off and on since August 2007.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #135
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/178.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Magnum's day has started off good, so far.

Well, the sodium got me! Hopefully it will leave quickly.
Weigh In: 144.8
Up: 1.6 pounds

Scarlett Hi and Welcome!

surfinqssr Hi and Welcome!

My ticker reflects my original high weight

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!
You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Dian
a
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote