3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #16

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Today is my first day as a stay at home mommy.
Congratulations!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #17
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Hey guys! I'm proud to say that I was able to stick with it! I tracked everything yesterday and came in at 1400 calories. I also drank all my water. Must have been just what I needed, because I weighed in at 167 this AM.

Today is my first day as a stay at home mommy.

Wow, I loved, loved, loved typing that.
Good for you Still and it sounds like the best decision with your job. And your son will be forever thankful - it's the best gift you can give him!

I've been a stay at home mom for the last 8 years. To be honest, I really miss my career and I can't wait to go back to work in the fall, but I also know that it was the best thing for my kids that I was at home. And even when I go back, I'm going to be picky - little to no commute and great hours. I'll work for crap pay to be able to give that to my kids (and myself - who am I kidding... way too hard to try to juggle home and kids, especially when the kids have special needs).

Anyway, good for you!

Restart 5/18/15 began at 263.9. All time high was 275 in 7/03. Low in Summer 2012 of 169.
A for the first 50 pounds lost, plus a for every additional 5 pounds lost on the weight loss reboot:

My journey to a healthier lifestyle blog http://melissaslife42.blogspot.com/
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Well I hate to say it, but it looks like I'm going low carb. In all honesty, blah, my doctors do know whats best. I've been tested so many stinking ways for Celiac's Disease and although every test has come up negative I have all the signs and symptoms and my Gastroenterologist swears I have it. Whenever I've been on no gluten I always feel better and so low carb will help my tummy troubles. My shrink swears if I cut out all the simple sugars I'll be able to keep my moods from swinging and after this week I suspect that might be just the route for me. I hate low carb but I know it works so I will do my best. That means I have to help out in the kitchen. Look at me, I already found three recipes and we got a membership at BJ's so I can stock up.
I hope you are all doing well. Take care and stay healthy
Just remember there are a ton of ways to approach low carb. And low carb doesn't have to be torture, but I agree with your doctors - you will feel better and it will probably help with your mood swings and celiac disease symptoms. And if you feel better, you won't feel it's a big sacrifice, honest.

Restart 5/18/15 began at 263.9. All time high was 275 in 7/03. Low in Summer 2012 of 169.
A for the first 50 pounds lost, plus a for every additional 5 pounds lost on the weight loss reboot:

Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #19
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
it hasn't rained in my rainforest for FIVE WHOLE DAYS! it's even sunny today and 68 degrees out...that is a HOT day for us here in alaska....i had to wait for it to cool off so i could go for a bike ride...which is why it's 7:30 p.m. and i'm just getting out to my bike lol
Waiting for it to cool down to bike ride - Bwah-ha-ha! LOL And sending calming vibes to you today while your husband is in surgery. Remember, it's his knee... not his brain. It will be OK.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #20
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniansmom View Post
alaskan: good luck on your DH's surgery today, I'll be thinking of you both

berry: I hope your son is continuing to feel better. My son is 13 and on the spectrum, you have my sympathy with trying to get meds in. Mine is fine with them now but when he was younger it was such a battle.

I toughed it out yesterday and had a pretty good day overall. Even took some time to prepare some healthy foods ahead for the week. Made a new low carb dessert that everyone loved. It was very sweet. It felt like cheating but it wasn't. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It used lf coolwhip so not the most natural, healthy product on the planet, but it satisfied.

I've been on a kick lately of watching those hoarding shows. I used to watch Clean House all the time and get organizing tips and motivation from that. The hoarding shows are not so feel good, but they do suck me in. Watching one last night the therapist working with the woman was making her identify her feelings and repeat them over and over. (The woman felt she was robbing her children of a normal life with her hoarding, so she had to say over and over "I'm robbing the children, I'm robbing the children"). I found myself almost in tears watching. The therapist was talking about how she needed to learn to sit with her negative feelings, to feel them and not numb them/stuff them down by buying more stuff. That is something I so need to learn to do. And to not let the negative feeling bring me to a state of panic. It's interesting to draw the parallels. Thin people look at me and they don't know how I could let myself go like this. People with a normal house look at the hoard and don't know how they could let it get so bad. Both are about emotions and a dysfunctional way of dealing with them. It seems any activity can be taken to an extreme and used as a way to self medicate. I find it fascinating. And daunting. How does one unlearn such deep rooted habits so connected to emotional need. How does one replace them on an instinctual level with healthier coping mechanisms.

Oh! I almost forgot...at the risk of jinxing myself...I think there is a very good chance I will be under 260 by my official Friday weigh in day! The scale has been moving steadily downward. Woohoo!

Happy, healthy Monday to all!
Yes, isn't the autism spectrum really fun sometimes? Ugh! We finally found a way of dealing with it it seems. We gave him an adult pill and I 'think' have taught him how to take it. It's a 'little' too strong for him (a wee little bit for his size/weight), but there really was no alternative. His temps under the arm were 104 which would be 105 in the mouth. Woke up all night to monitor his temps and gave him more meds at 1 am. Now at 8 am, no fever, but he's laying on the couch not looking so hot, so about to call the doctor. I'm sure it's a bacterial infection at this point which will mean more meds... will have to talk to her about how to get them into him.

About watching the hoarding shows. I'm glad that watching is helping you too. There are so many parallels, it's true. I found for myself, that my weight gain is/was a way to 'hide' for most of my adult life, but little by little over the years I worked on myself and I found that my eating got way better. I wasn't GAINING any more, so I knew that was a good and was even slowly losing. Of course, I was still WAY overeating, but something had changed. WHY I was eating was different than before. Addicted to carbs for sure.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #21

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday morning, everyone.

Scale read 199.6 this morning. Oh well.

The weekend did not go well, diet-wise. Friday I drove out to the Providence RI area (about 3.5 hours from me) to go out with my close friend who starts breast cancer treatment next week. I had anticipated that I would go a bit overboard. I don't know what happened, but I very much fell into old bad habits. I got fast food in the car, and some candy. If there's any plus side at all, its that the crap made me a little ill and I didn't go too nuts the rest of the night. Saturday was nearly as bad. I went back after the fact and calculated as best I could what the damage was. Friday: 2800, Saturday: 2150. All things considered, I'm lucky the scale wasn't higher.

I pulled myself back together yesterday. Had a fairly low calorie day, and lets face, I needed one. I did some shopping for the week, so I have some healthy stuff planned. I friend had a small concert in the evening and the venue host made some amazing desserts, which I tasted but did not pig out on. So here's to being back at it!

First mini-goal: 5% - 209 - Met 04/29/11
Second mini-goal: 10% - 198 - Met 6/27/11
Third mini-goal: 15% - 187
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #22
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

I am wanting my weight to be on the lower side this week because I will be going to the Japanese restaurant and this weekend is my birthday. I don't want to have to count the calories in my birthday cake.

It doesn't matter where you are in your weight loss journey. If you are in maintenance or if you are actively losing, we all have to deal with the same issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Hello! i'm trying to go lower on my calories this week to make room for my birthday dinner on wednesday. I haven't had chicken a la king on tater tots in so long and I'm really looking forward to it. Is that bad? To look forward to a meal so much? Ah well, I'm doing it anyway! Have a good week, everyone!
Ah two birthday girls this week saving up on calories to enjoy a special treat! Hope they are great days for BOTH of you!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #23

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

I am here just so busy I cannot even function. I am up .4 to245 this weigh in. Not bad from what I ate. Missing the thread- hoping to be back soon. Hope every one is doing GREAT!

Mini Goals:
1: Get to 240
2: Get to 225
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #24
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Good Monday morning, everyone.

Scale read 199.6 this morning. Oh well.

The weekend did not go well, diet-wise. Friday I drove out to the Providence RI area (about 3.5 hours from me) to go out with my close friend who starts breast cancer treatment next week. I had anticipated that I would go a bit overboard. I don't know what happened, but I very much fell into old bad habits. I got fast food in the car, and some candy. If there's any plus side at all, its that the crap made me a little ill and I didn't go too nuts the rest of the night. Saturday was nearly as bad. I went back after the fact and calculated as best I could what the damage was. Friday: 2800, Saturday: 2150. All things considered, I'm lucky the scale wasn't higher.

I pulled myself back together yesterday. Had a fairly low calorie day, and lets face, I needed one. I did some shopping for the week, so I have some healthy stuff planned. I friend had a small concert in the evening and the venue host made some amazing desserts, which I tasted but did not pig out on. So here's to being back at it!
Don't beat yourself up. Friday was a little high, but Saturday was probably below maintenance. These days happen, but it's not like you had a 5000 calorie day! Plus, you were driving and eating at different places and probably different times. Much of what you see on that scale is water weight. And I'm sorry about your friend facing cancer.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #25
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Blah, damn water weight. I was feeling good at getting so close to 25 lbs lost, and those tacos got me. 269.8 this morning, just barely holding on to the 260's. I guess I'm drinking a ton of water today. Water weight is very discouraging. I expected it but it's still a bummer.

Diana, your birthday is this week, too? Cancers, ftw! I can't believe I will be 28 this year. 30 is slowly creeping up on me. I almost can't wait, though. I can't wait to spend my 30's and beyond maintaining.

Current mini-goal: Get back to where I was in February (205)

Positive things I need to remember:
I'm at a better starting point since I didn't gain it all back yet.
I quit smoking cold turkey in Nov 2011.
I'm still trying so I can't say I've failed.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #26
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/178.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Blah, damn water weight. I was feeling good at getting so close to 25 lbs lost, and those tacos got me. 269.8 this morning, just barely holding on to the 260's. I guess I'm drinking a ton of water today. Water weight is very discouraging. I expected it but it's still a bummer.

Diana, your birthday is this week, too? Cancers, ftw! I can't believe I will be 28 this year. 30 is slowly creeping up on me. I almost can't wait, though. I can't wait to spend my 30's and beyond maintaining.
Shishkeberry I hear you on the water weight! I'm dealing with it right now, too. Evil stuff! Try squeezing some lemon in your water. It seems to help. I don't have any lemon at the house right now or I would be drinking some lemon water. If you do this, make sure you drink it with a straw. You don't want the acid on the enamel of your teeth.

My Birthday is the 17th, this coming Sunday. I will be 43. Yep, I'm a Cancer, too.

My ticker reflects my original high weight

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!
You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Dian
a
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #27
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Ready to have another successful week!!

Start May 15 - 238
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4) - got home after 7? -I usually eat dinner between 5-7pm
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0) - better than a gain!

LGW
Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #28
Melissa

Quote:
Tacos TOTALLY do me in. I gain every time I eat them too, but they otherwise are a great food for me! (I don't eat sour cream and go heavy on the veggies and lite on the cheese and shells - though I found great whole grain, low carb shells that help). But it's just water weight, not fat.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #29

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

You know, I forgot to mention the positive things that happened this weekend.
1. I got my first (besides my mom) weight-loss noticer. I take it with a grain of salt, because she's one of the few people who knows I'm trying, but still was nice.
2. I tracked all that crap I ate, if retro-actively. I was sorely tempted not to, as I hadn't last weekend. But my entire strategy for staying on this weight loss journey revolves around continuing to track. So thinking back and writing everything down was really quite a victory for me.
3. I finally went t-shirt shopping. I'd received an email from Old Navy, and clicked on their size chart and thought their XXL or XL might fit me. As it turned out, I didn't get anything there, but I was pleased that the XXL tended to be too big. (Of course the XL were too small, so I'm not sure it's that much of a victory, but I'll take what I can get.) I think I'm more pear than I like to admit, because a few things were positively swimming around my chest but right around my hips. I've always known that when I try on a sleeveless top, the armholes swim on me, and I now think they're just expecting a broader back/chest than I have.

I eventually ended up at Kohl's (somewhere in the middle of MA, halfway between here and there) and got some 1X t-shirts. Last year I bought their 2X, so there's something. I also got a couple short-sleeve drape-y cardigans at Marshalls.

First mini-goal: 5% - 209 - Met 04/29/11
Second mini-goal: 10% - 198 - Met 6/27/11
Third mini-goal: 15% - 187
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #30
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
You know, I forgot to mention the positive things that happened this weekend.
1. I got my first (besides my mom) weight-loss noticer. I take it with a grain of salt, because she's one of the few people who knows I'm trying, but still was nice.
2. I tracked all that crap I ate, if retro-actively. I was sorely tempted not to, as I hadn't last weekend. But my entire strategy for staying on this weight loss journey revolves around continuing to track. So thinking back and writing everything down was really quite a victory for me.
3. I finally went t-shirt shopping. I'd received an email from Old Navy, and clicked on their size chart and thought their XXL or XL might fit me. As it turned out, I didn't get anything there, but I was pleased that the XXL tended to be too big. (Of course the XL were too small, so I'm not sure it's that much of a victory, but I'll take what I can get.) I think I'm more pear than I like to admit, because a few things were positively swimming around my chest but right around my hips. I've always known that when I try on a sleeveless top, the armholes swim on me, and I now think they're just expecting a broader back/chest than I have.

I eventually ended up at Kohl's (somewhere in the middle of MA, halfway between here and there) and got some 1X t-shirts. Last year I bought their 2X, so there's something. I also got a couple short-sleeve drape-y cardigans at Marshalls.
Now see! There you go! LOTS of positives. If you keep doing what you are doing, you will continue to see progress - period.

Our shapes are hard to change. You will always be a pear shape, but will also lose the most there, so will get more and more evenly shaped. (My MIL is the same build).