Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Fear

I think I have a lot of fears. I am afraid that losing all the weight means being perfect 100% of the time. I am afraid if I manage to lose the weight, it will involve many hungry hours. I am afraid if I lose it all, I will not be able to keep it off. I am afraid of losing food as a coping mechanism. I am afraid of never being "good enough" for myself. (I am too hard on myself)

I am going to work on letting these fears go. They are worthless to me.

Feel free to post yours. Let's get them out and get them gone.

Last edited by SCraver; 07-07-2011 at 08:49 AM.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See sig for ticker and blog

Height: 5' 2"

I'm afraid that if I lose weight I won't have something to hide behind.

that if I lose weight I'll lose the relationship I have with my parents and brother- all we talk about is my weight.

I'm afraid that if I lose weight my parents will be more likely to actually start pestering me to get married. Or that I will want to be in a relationship.

I'm afraid that if I lose weight I'll end up spending a lot of money on clothes but will put it all back on and that would have been a waste.
painfullystoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I, too, am afraid of gaining back all the weight I have lost so far. But my biggest fear right now is being rejected by a romantic partner for false advertising. I look decent in clothes but because I had gained weight so rapidly in the past I did a lot of damage. I have saggy inner thighs....stretch marks....cellulite. I do not want to let my secret out that I had a weight problem because I'm afraid they will have the same fear I do of gaining the weight back because "I'm capable". And they'd be right. Will they cut and run? Maybe......

I don't know how to let go of these fears, however.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I'm afraid that losing the weight and toning up won't make a difference in my level of happiness ( I'm diagnosed with depression)
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/242/192

Height: 5'6"

I'm afraid that losing weight and more importantly becoming more active will put a strain on my current 8 year relationship because he won't want to go out and do things with me. Although he is not overweight, we are homebodies for the most part, but I know I will want to go out and enjoy things. I've wanted to go white water rafting, kayaking, and even venture out to Orlando to ride the roller coasters!

And I, too, have the fear of gaining weight back after losing it (as I've done in the past). While I have a different outlook on the journey this time, I fear something will happen and I'll fall into the same pattern of the past 25 years.

I just remind myself to take it one day at a time!
Donna Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #6  
is chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I, too, am afraid of gaining back all the weight I have lost so far. But my biggest fear right now is being rejected by a romantic partner for false advertising. I look decent in clothes but because I had gained weight so rapidly in the past I did a lot of damage. I have saggy inner thighs....stretch marks....cellulite. I do not want to let my secret out that I had a weight problem because I'm afraid they will have the same fear I do of gaining the weight back because "I'm capable". And they'd be right. Will they cut and run? Maybe......

A woman that has lost weight is sexy to most men! It is like a butterfly turned from a cocoon, like someone strong that has overcome their own demons, like a woman that knows what she wants and gets it!

Be confident. Brag about your willpower and success. All people fail sometimes in something, but how many of them work on it and correct their mistakes? You are awesome.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

What a great post. i am afraid of looking older and/or looking saggy. i'm afraid i'll be hungry all the time or i will regain the weight (ie, fail). i'm afraid i won't feel like me anymore! Or like i'll feel like an imposter...me in an different body. i'm afraid of attention i'll get from people & men.

fm
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

You have nothing to Fear but Fear itself!

this is so true, look at your fear, you are fearing that you will gain weight back, etc. it is so much less stressful to not live in fear. all things in moderation and you will live a long and happy life. I just know it
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

i'm definitely afraid of the possible attention from people and men...i am horribly shy by nature and i hate dealing with stuff like that
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm afraid of working hard, making it to a healthy BMI and goal weight, and still being disappointed in my body. Mainly my abdominal area. I've only 25lbs to go, and that area is seriously dismal. If you took a pic of it, it would look like it belongs on a body that needs a mechanized cart to shop at WalMart!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

I'm afraid that if I lose the weight and stay on track most of the time, my life will be less enjoyable. (Which is silly, b/c I feel like crap in the mornings after I binge... but it's so comforting and fun while I'm doing it.)

I'm afraid of failing and never being thin again.

I'm afraid that I've done permanent damage to my body, and it will still look horrible after I lose the weight- saggy arms, tummy, stretch marks and droopy boobs....

I'm afraid of having to be obsessed with calories and food my whole life, thinking about it ALL the time- b/c that is the ONLY way I can stay on track. Seems like a stinky way to live, but maybe I'll get used to it. It's got to be a lot better than wanting to hide all the time and feeling disgusted with your own body.

Great thread.
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post

This actually made me a bit sad. I think anyone who cares about your imperfections is not a date worth having. You must find someone who thinks you are beautiful no matter what, otherwise what is going to happen when you are gray and have wrinkles?
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Before I lost the weight I feared death...ALL OF THE TIME. I feared diabetes, heart disease, stroke... I didn't fear actual weight loss, I feared what would happen to me if I didn't lose it.

Now, I do fear gaining it all back. I know I must stay on top of any gains, and continue to be mindful of what I put into my mouth everyday. It sucks sometimes... But mostly it is wonderful!

ps: I don't fear that I could die at any given minute anymore. yay!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #14  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Before I lost the weight I feared death...ALL OF THE TIME. I feared diabetes, heart disease, stroke... I didn't fear actual weight loss, I feared what would happen to me if I didn't lose it.

Now, I do fear gaining it all back. I know I must stay on top of any gains, and continue to be mindful of what I put into my mouth everyday. It sucks sometimes... But mostly it is wonderful!

ps: I don't fear that I could die at any given minute anymore. yay!
that has to be the greatest NSV EVER!!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

I fear the day when I feel complacent... and I fear the choice I will make on that day.

The first time I made the wrong choice and gained back weight. It cannot happen again.

Last edited by Lovely; 07-07-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote