support...

• Hi my name is Allona and I am new to this site.
    I currently wiegh 200lbs and am misreble. I was always thinner when I was younger but now that I'm in my late teens it just seems like I can't stop eating... I've been really depressed for the past couple of years for many personal issues and food seems to be the only comfort that makes me feel good. And whats really frustrating is that I've gained most of this wieght in the last year (a little more then 50 pounds in one year)
    However wieght is not the only thing I've gained in this time. I'm assuming that because I've gained so much in a little time period is why my stomach butt and thighs are covered in stretch marks some very dark purplish/ redish.
    I've been trying to loose wieght for the last couple of months but I can not stick to a diet nor a exercise routine. Something always seems to happen that just makes me want to sit in bed and eat more.
    What I'm hoping to gain from this site is a friend or two who can relate,share thier workout, and help motivate me. My family doesnt help and niether does my bf, besides these people there really isnt anyone in my life no friends... Since I've become so depressed I've blocked out almost everyone I used to know. My family and my bf always tell me I'm beautiful, which I'm sure they believe but when I'm trying so hard to get healthier and they say I look great how I am I know their just trying to be supportive but it makes me feel crummy and self centered because I don't believe them.

I'm looking for friends and people to share thier journey and hardships hoping I'm not alone in my search.

thanks for reading so much
    Ally aka allona
  • Welcome to 3FC =)

You've found a site full of members who know what you're going through. Who know what it's like to want to lose weight, to need to make changes, stick with them, and keep going forward no matter what.

You're not alone.

If you're depressed, are you speaking to anyone about it? You might find some insight from those under the Depression and Weight Issues area.

We'd absolutely love to lend a hand or an ear.

You don't have to find a "diet" so much as you have to start making changes. Some people can make a whole bunch of changes at once. Others need to make them one at a time. There's nothing wrong with either way... as long as you're committed.

You can do this =) Hope to see you around the boards!
  • I've talked to many therapists and have been on various meds plus I've been in a mental hospital twice in the last year nothing really helps I have ups and downs. I'm a dignosed Bipolar so it comes and goes.

and thank you for your welcome It's nice to see people are so friendly :]
  • Welcome! I too am new here. Looking for support.
  • @ srpaint
    well being that were both new maybe we could lean on eachother you could tell me your progress and struggles and II the same then we could help keep the other motivated

stay true to your goals I'm sure you can reach them