3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   serious weight gain and TOM has apparantly already ended? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/236712-serious-weight-gain-tom-has-apparantly-already-ended.html)

IsobelRose22 06-28-2011 04:21 AM

serious weight gain and TOM has apparantly already ended?

Just a quick query. I came on TOM last Thursday. Oddly enough it stopped Sunday, I say odd as it usually lasts longer than that. The problem is I seem to have gained 4lbs over 2 days even though my period seems to have ended. It feels slightly discouraging I must admit, so if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

My calorie intake has been between 1050-1300 calories per day for the past 2 weeks, I'm eating clean, healthy foods little and often, I'm monitoring the level of fat/carbs.sugar I'm eating, I'm exercising daily between 30 mins to an hour, and I'm drinking 2 litres of water a day. So I don't think its my diet at all.

170starting 06-28-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsobelRose22 (Post 3910691)
Just a quick query. I came on TOM last Thursday. Oddly enough it stopped Sunday, I say odd as it usually lasts longer than that. The problem is I seem to have gained 4lbs over 2 days even though my period seems to have ended. It feels slightly discouraging I must admit, so if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

My calorie intake has been between 1050-1300 calories per day for the past 2 weeks, I'm eating clean, healthy foods little and often, I'm monitoring the level of fat/carbs.sugar I'm eating, I'm exercising daily between 30 mins to an hour, and I'm drinking 2 litres of water a day. So I don't think its my diet at all.

:hug: Maybe you aren't eating enough? The scale should budge soon... sometimes it takes me up to a week to rid myself of all the bloated-ness and water weight from TOM. Good luck, chickie. :hug:

IsobelRose22 06-28-2011 06:42 AM

Thank you, I did think that maybe my calorie intake wasn't enough for my current weight and build, but I am actually eating enough to keep me satisfied, its weird, my appetite used to be insatiable but now I'm struggling to keep my calories above 1200 as I'm just not hungry. Still i'll just keep at it and it should budge soon. Oh and I have lost an inch off of my under-bust, waist and hips. So I am smaller!!

Esofia 06-28-2011 06:52 AM

Use a mini-pad for a few days, periods have been known to stop and start. Also last cycle I had a ten-day plateau that started on the first day of my period, so that kept going for a good few days after my period stopped. I continued to average my usual 1lb/week even with that taken into consideration, though.