Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #76  
BlockHead =)

Amy - great job on the exercise today! I remember those days when exercising felt so good I kept going! I am looking forward to getting to that point again. Thanks for the inspiration!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

still - That trip and the bike rides sound like they will be great!! Enjoy!!

jomatho - Great job with your exercise!!

Diana3271 - Congrats on the .4 loss

Melissa - Again, huge congrats on hitting Onederland!!

Zoodoo613 - Congrats on reaching 197.6 and a quarter of the way to your goal!!

amy3469 - Wow!! Looks like you are eating very low cal and low carb.

SMess - Welcome!! I think that you will find this to be a great forum!!

iamerican - For me busy is good, I don't get bored and start looking in the refrigerator when I am busy

Vixsin - You are doing great!! Down down .6 ? That is great work!! I don't remember if I told you how great your new avatar and your smile is.

elizabethyellow - Great job staying on plan. I get puffed up from too much sodium. You may want to track your sodium to see if you are high.

alaskanlaughter - Rain Forest? That's great! The only time I was in Alaska it was not raining. Of course it was the middle of February. As I remember it your state was mostly a white color.

Blinky963 - Road trips can be difficult to stay on plan and emergency trips much more. Great job under difficult circumstances.

jeniansmom - Great work resisting a binge!!

abbysue715 - I hope that site helps your grandfather keep his sodium under control.

aggie2006 - Hi

darius - Hi

amy3469 - Gongrats on the 45 min. and 17 miles.

mamakat - I like the new avatar!!

sukale - Made me laugh. Kids will be kids.

I was on plan today for calories and sodium. 1421 calories and 1176 sodium.

Best of all the scale moved!! I lost 2 pounds down to 228

Larry,

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #78  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

larry - where in alaska did you go when you came up here? i grew up in Interior alaska and spent alot of time in Fairbanks...i live in Juneau now, southeast alaska, and the farthest south i've ever lived...i've never lived outside of alaska, born and raised in AK
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #79  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

So DF and I got into a fight about money today and I was dumb and binged after he went to work. I had a jr bacon cheeseburger, a grilled chicken sandwich, a side salad, and a diet coke from wendy's. So I made better choices than I would have two months ago (it would have been a fried chicken sandwich and fries instead of the salad) , but still not cool. Even with dinner I'm under my calories for the day, but the sodium is crazy. And my calorie counter got an upgrade to crappiness so I had to find a new one. It's not the same!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I felt better during my workout today than I did yesterday. TTOM kicked my butt yesterday. Hopefully the worst is over for now.

Zoodoo Your bike story reminds me of one of the days I was mall walking. I walked into the mall and there was a walker coming around. I decided it would be fun to walk with her. Yeah, Right! I found out she was about 75 years old. I was huffing and puffing trying to keep up with her. On top of that she was talking to me. What?! I could barely breathe and keep up with her and she was wanting to talk! Again, how old with this woman? Yep, she was 75 years old! Put me to shame!

Amy Great plan for the day.

SMess Hi and Welcome to the check in! How did dinner go? Italian can be a tough one.

Erica Great job on that pound!

Vixsin Congrats on the .6. I'm still enjoying that beautiful smile in your new avatar.

Elizabethyellow Do you think white bean salad could cause you to bloat? It could be the beans.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you and the little one sleeps better tonight.

Blinky I think getting caught up on your sleep with also help with the swelling. I know when I'm on plan but don't get enough sleep, I wake up a little swollen. Hang in there. It will pass.

Larry Thanks for that link. Great job on the 2 pounds. Maybe the extra food helped your body in some way.

Jeniansmom Hi How is your DH's foot doing now?

Abbysue I'm glad the OA meeting went well.

Berry I like the swim suit. Hopefully it will work out better for you.

Still I say go to the class at the gym! I always liked going to the classes. What do they offer?

Amy3469 Great job on riding the bike longer, and the 17 miles!

Mamakat Hang in there.

Sukale Your post about your DD gagging made me laugh. DH can see a baby with a diaper on and start gagging. He will swear it stinks and the baby has a dirty diaper. Don't even let him see a baby with a snotty nose. That's a gag fest, too. No we don't have any children. I knew who would be taking care of them.

Shishkeberry Sorry about your rough day. Tomorrow is a new day. You were still under your calories. You could have done so much worse.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1440 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Tacos 600 calories
Veggies 100 Calories

Exercise
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (Workout #2 Conditioning w/weighted gloves standing portion)
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #82  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys! Back on track and wanting to STAY on it this time... *whistles*

I could have already lost the weight by this time if I had just stuck with it to begin with... *sigh* Always seems to be that way though...

I'm sorta doing my own kind of IF... but yeah. Not going into that. Just trying to stay below 1500 calories per day.

Today has been good so far... (already have dinner planned out... even though I haven't eaten it yet...):

Total: 1440 kCal

Lunch - Panda Express plate with Mushroom and Orange Chicken - 1040 kCal
Dinner - salad with marinade dressing - 200 kCal
Snacks - 100 ounces Diet Coke (you don't wanna know... ) - 0 kCal
Captain's Wafers Grilled Cheese crackers - 200 kCal

So yeah... overall... not exactly the healthiest day... but I'm full and satisfied, and under my calories for the day.

Oh... and I also ran in place (I was at work... so couldn't do a whole lot) for around 10-15 minutes, and did a mixture of pushups, squats, and lunges for around 8-10 minutes. Might put on a kickboxing video or something and do a bit more. Haven't yet decided...

So yeah... going well!

It's 8:20... haven't eaten my dinner yet... and... I'm really not hungry... and might stay up a few more hours and go to bed... but I'm not at all hungry... should I get up and eat the dinner anyways? Or just not because I'm not hungry?
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #83  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Yaaa Melissa on achieving Onederland!!!

I am SO proud for you! I am excited to know I can share in this awesome victory with you.
Thanks for sharing your life and your story with all of us!
What an inspiration!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #84  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Well... decided to not eat the salad... just not at all hungry. So... total calorie intake for the day is 1240... which I'm fine with.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #85  
~Krystal~

Today was a FABULAIRE day for me!

work food
Toasty PB Crackers (6 pk), Lance Van-O-Lunch Cookies (6 pk)
Cottage Cheese w/Polaner All Fruit 90
Powerbar: 360
Greek Yogurt w/Polaner All Fruit, SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Siler’s Mixed Beans 435
Total: 1295

Water: 72 Oz

52 “junky” carbs at work, but I completely made up for that pathetic choice outside on the pavement! There is NOTHING like a runner’s high! I it!!

Down 3 of the 5 from TOM and the weekend. I'll be glad when he packs his bags and hits the ROAD! Today, I felt so much better--no cramping, cravings, mood swings, or irritability. I don't feel near as bloated either--thank the good Lord!! I'll be back in a bit for personals-I have to get fuel before it closes
Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #86  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Well, I ended up with half of a meatball parm sub and a handfull of onion rings... clearly not the best possible option, but at 1400 calories for the day I don't think it was too much of a car crash (I did my workout this morning, too, so that should help soften the blow).

Mamakat: I love your resolution not to squeeze yourself into someone else's definition of 'normal'. Normal is BORING! Normal is average, it's basic, it's like white paint! What would the world be like without variation, complexity, color? Nothing special! If 'normal' could actually define us, then we would all lose weight the exact same way because most weight-loss advice is geared toward the 'normal' person. But as we all know, you have to tailor your workout and your diet plan to your own body. It's the advice I see over and over again on these forums - whatever plan you decide to do, whatever goals you set, make them something that works for YOU.

Stay strong, and lots of love! You're doing great!

Last edited by SMess; 06-28-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Typo!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #87  
~Krystal~

Ok, this forum took flight from when I left Monday.

A few personals before bed

MamaKat
: Doctors are people with opinions. They can offer great advice, but they DO NOT have the answers for everyone ALL of the time. If you’re planning to exercise at all, See how your body reacts with the lower carb option..as for me, I DEFO can’t do cardio without my oats. I have zero energy! I do think there are many highly processed carbs that are sinful and make losing weight more difficult, but for anyone to say “cut carbs completely”?? That’s practically impossible.

Hi Smess, Blinky, Serbrider, Aggie (missed you), Darius, Amy, Sukale, Vix

Diana32: Let’s both give TOM a He’s been a nuisance this month—I think we can totally double team him!! Glad you’re feeling better

Shishkeberry: I can’t stand that part of my lifestyle change that allows me to make poor choices after being involved in some type of discord!

Larry: Great job getting back OP so quickly!

One thing I’ve learned from so many wise people here and other elsewhere is: You DON”T have to wait for a Monday, the beginning of the month, New Year’s Day, or any other “special” day to get back on plan. It can start immediately after you go off plan—like with the next meal. Same is true with exercise. I that concept!!

Alaskan
: It takes a special gift to occupy the time of so many young children all at once! on your patience!!!

Jen: Sending you a little extra

AbbySue: Remind me what OA is again. I can’t keep up wif all these acronyms!

Nikki: I loved classes when I was a member of our local gym. I loved high impact aerobics—Body Pump, Bench, Body Combat. They have so many new ones all the time. Many of the steps are similar, just watch a few youtube vids a couple days before you go. You will do fine. I would suggest getting behind someone who’s mastered the routine, so that you can follow them. It is a little difficult to keep up with the instructors if you’re new when they are facing you.

Jo: Are you still running? You deleted the running ticker
Some of you all are so tall, I wonder if I should drop my goal weight to 130?

iUSAn: on the lb lost! that!!

Elizabeth: Do you calculate your sodium intake? My tummy does this sometimes when I eat a higher calorie sodium day.

All for now. I’m so sleepy!!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Yesterday I consumed 1232 calories ( Tuesday)
My sleeping routine has been crazy. I went to bed around 10 pm, and managed to sleep until 4 am. It's a good improvement from sleeping 10 am- 5 pm.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #89  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i ended my day at 48 carbs plus some strawberries just now when i got home from the store...was a nice quiet rainy day and the kids played mostly inside, playing "camping" in the dark bedroom, watching movies, building with Legos, and doing watercolors...my high carbs were from a few bites of "not so healthy" stuff like kids' food and a cookie...my stomach hurt all day too, possibly because i ate a few sugar-free chocolates this morning, possibly because one of the kids has a stomach bug also...i'm not sure...i just LOVE it when it rains hard, it rained so hard it was bouncing off the pavement in front of our yard...i can see clouds moving across the sky from near the mountains and the mountains are shrouded behind clouds...what a nice night!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #90  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Hello all! I'm new here, but figured I needed to start somewhere.

I had a pretty good day. I had been stuck in my weight for a few days, but weighed in at 173.6 so I was pleased. Had a good day calorie wise, didn't go over 1,500.

I didn't exercise today, which is normally walking my niece and dog. I know that isn't much, but I plan to increase it very soon.

I am hoping to be 170 by the end of next week. *Crosses fingers*
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote