Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #76  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Amy: Hi and

Jo: Thinking of going today myself.
I can hardly wait to get back out in the after being cooped up for 3 days inside at work/sleep!!

Diana32: Tennis to me is like walking to you! It's because you are using muscles differently. I like it tho! FEEL THE BURN

ZooDoo: Good job on the .2--at least it's not a gain.

I'm expecting to gain this week BLAH. But, you all's FAVORITE visitor from the east is visiting me.
I'm so excited, I'm about to wet my pants with tears--of course!!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #77  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hey all. I weighed in this morning at 159 even. So that's 3lbs down since last weigh in. Nice to be in the 150's again.

Right now, a lot is going on irl, so I'm not posting a whole lot. I am still focusing on losing weight and staying active though, promise!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Me too! Super patriotic and an apple products lover.
Me three! Thought you were patriotic! Ha!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Amy: Hi and

Jo: Thinking of going today myself.
I can hardly wait to get back out in the after being cooped up for 3 days inside at work/sleep!!

Diana32: Tennis to me is like walking to you! It's because you are using muscles differently. I like it tho! FEEL THE BURN

ZooDoo: Good job on the .2--at least it's not a gain.

I'm expecting to gain this week BLAH. But, you all's FAVORITE visitor from the east is visiting me.
I'm so excited, I'm about to wet my pants with tears--of course!!
Not sure if I will swim today now that my hair is washed, I know lame excuse, but I hate to get chlorine in it now and have to shower all over again. We will see, if not today, for sure tomorrow after my walk. We are leaving at 8am again, so I hope to either run or swim when I get back, maybe both if I have the energy.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

okay so food for yesterday

B: uncle same cereal
1 cup milk
1 boiled egg
1 packet truvia

L:2 slices bread
1TB light mayo
Mustard
Turkey
Spinach
LEttuce
1 Orange

D:Ground beef
colby cheese
salsa
blackbeans
lettuce
spinach

S: 16 reduced fat wheat thins
precious jalapeno cheese stick

Total:1844

I have found now that I am counting my calories I am much hungrier at night. For example I add everything up and think only 1800 calories today and find myself laying in bed thinking " I am 200 calories hungry right now!" What does that even mean! LOL So I have started still writing everything down but not adding it up until the next morning and that has certainly helped with the obviously not real hunger! This thread is so busy! Its nice it keeps moving so quickly.

Amy- WELCOME!!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I am new to both 3FC and this thread. I am 20 years old, 151 pounds as of yesterday evening. I started my weightloss journey OFFICIALLY on Friday, 6/17 because the bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding showed up - if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is! I haven't worked up the motivation to start exercising yet, but I have begun counting calories (usually end the day around 1200).

For breakfast, I have either been eating a few slices of watermelon or a Nutrigrain bar. I am not a big breakfast eater but I make myself eat so that I'm not starving hungry for lunch. At lunch I have been eating the "Eating Right" brand of frozen meals. Dinner has been a tortellini, tomato and spinach soup that I made Saturday evening (way too much, but luckily it is delicious so I'll eat that forever!) My mini-goal is to get down to a "normal weight" BMI, which for me is 140.2 pounds. I want to achieve this goal by the end of July, but realistically would settle for mid-August.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #82  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Everyone,
Larry I am so glad you are doing great, I was worried.
iamerican I also thought it was a patriotic name what a cute way to have a play on words (maybe even without trying )
krystal I too can tell that one side is bigger than the other just by clothes, in fact I've noticed even more now that I'm losing weight. My left side has a saddlebag whereas the right side doesn't. Weird
newcomers I welcome you and am sorry I can't remember your names right now...I wanted to say sometimes I don't do well with personals because I use a cell phone too. But I do read everyone's posts so definitely keep posting.
to all of you who have lost congratulations.
I did 8.5 miles in 30 mins yesterday (I would not think of it as a hobby as it's not enjoyable per se, but it gets the job done ). I did great with my calories and lost .2 today (I'm very OK with that)
As for today, not doing so well (Bipolar mania episode) so I am trying HARD to stay away from food and people. I know logically I should get on that bike and ride, but I really don't want to. What I want is to go on a killing spree so I'm thinking staying in my room is the best thing for now. Hopefully I won't overeat or harm anyone
I wish all well and good health.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #83  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well, so i'm not doing so great with keepin up OR checkin' in! Boo. Still think of you guys often................missin' keepin up! I'm still stickin' with it.....I'm expecting to weigh in tonight at 193.5-ish (last week was 195.2) so I'm still hangin in there and not givin up...although not being here hardly at all is making things go MUCH slower. Great to see so many newcomers! And equally as great to see all the more senior members hangin in there! You guys are amazing!!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #84  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, so I just noticed my ticker. I obviously put it at 193 on an unofficial weigh in. lol I'm just now getting there. SLOW I'm tellin' ya...things are movin' really REALLY slow! lol
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Small victory.

There's cake in the kitchen. A lot of it. It's been there since yesterday morning. All day yesterday, I waited it out, and the most tempting of it disappeared before I caved. Today only the less appealing stuff is left. I'm not sure why, but at some point I decided I was going to have just a small piece of it. You know, I was right? It wasn't that appealing. I cut a small piece, had a bite and threw the rest of it out. Not good enough to be worth it.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

zoodoo613 good for you!! Willpower is my biggest enemy, I aspire to be like you!!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #87  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Small victory.

There's cake in the kitchen. A lot of it. It's been there since yesterday morning. All day yesterday, I waited it out, and the most tempting of it disappeared before I caved. Today only the less appealing stuff is left. I'm not sure why, but at some point I decided I was going to have just a small piece of it. You know, I was right? It wasn't that appealing. I cut a small piece, had a bite and threw the rest of it out. Not good enough to be worth it.
Those are huge victories! Good for you!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #88  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Well, so i'm not doing so great with keepin up OR checkin' in! Boo. Still think of you guys often................missin' keepin up! I'm still stickin' with it.....I'm expecting to weigh in tonight at 193.5-ish (last week was 195.2) so I'm still hangin in there and not givin up...although not being here hardly at all is making things go MUCH slower. Great to see so many newcomers! And equally as great to see all the more senior members hangin in there! You guys are amazing!!
Slowly is still moving in the right direction, so don't discredit that! Good luck with weigh-in!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethyellow View Post
zoodoo613 good for you!! Willpower is my biggest enemy, I aspire to be like you!!
Believe me, if had been good cake, I would have gobbled it up. I'm no paragon of willpower!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #90  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone!

MamaKat- sorry to hear you're having some mania goin on. Thinking of you and hoping it passes soon. Are there things you can do to help manage the mania, or is it just something you have to wait out?

elizabethyellow- Welcome! You've found the best group of people around. I couldn't have stuck to my weight loss/lifestyle change plans without these guys.

abbysue- Rock on for finding a way to manage the fake hunger! What a great idea!

PintSizedTerror- WTG on the 3 pound woosh!

Amy3469- welcome!

zoodoo- don't you hate it when your exercise plans get derailed? that stuff happens to me and I quickly lose the motivation to get started all over again. It's so much easier to just think "well, there's always tomorrow".

jomatho- I'm doing the same thing you are- trying to incorporate different exercises into my routine to shake things up a little. I recently started walking as well, and I was surprised at how sore my legs were the next day! I'm also trying to condition my body for the Disney walking we're going to be doing in November, so thats pretty motivating.

csalove- welcome! Congrats on being 6 lbs down!

Diana3271- Hope you get results from your allergist appointment next week. How do you feel maintenance is going? Is it what you expected?

alaskanlaughter- wow! Your carbs are so low! How do you keep them that low, if you don't mind me asking? And welcome!

Melissa- glad you enjoyed Zumba! I want to try the Zumba class at our Y one of these days.

shishkeberry- congrats on the lost inches! I'm glad you decided to keep posting. I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me.

Erica- How's your goals coming along so far? I'm also planning on 4 days of exercise this week.

K9Owner- I also struggle something fierce on the weekend. Thanks for the workout well wishes, I found I've been missing the gym more than I thought!

Isabella- hi, and hope you are feeling better!

Darius- hi!

Larry- SO GLAD your cardiologist said you're doing well. The 12 lbs was scary! Also, yay for being able to ride your bike again!

I just had a bit of a scare. I was sitting here on my laptop typing to all of you when my laptop restarted itself. Luckily, it somehow saved this post and all my personals to you guys! Yay!

Things are good here. I was proud of myself yesterday, as usually I go to the gym with a good friend of mine on Mondays, and then we grab coffee/tea. She couldn't go, but instead of taking that as an "out" I went anyway and kicked my own butt! Legs and arms are a bit sore today, but so worth it.

Weighed in today at 168. Not bad, considering my weekend with the peanut butter balls. Strange to think that I consider my highest weight 170 these days. It used to be my goal weight.

NSV- My neighbor saw us walking this weekend and asked if I was losing weight and asked what I was doing. I told her "good old fashioned hard work" and mentioned calorie counting and exercising. That was just nice.

My goal for this week is to have more on plan days than not and hit the gym 4 times this week. So far I'm rockin it! Hope you are all having great days.
Closed Thread