Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #31  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Stay active at 3FC!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 242/242/192

Height: 5'6"

I have to agree one day at a time.

And I'm learning to distinguish "want" from "need" which helps me take emotion out of eating. I have to think in terms of I'm fueling my body not indulging in a ho-ho.
~DD
Donna Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

All the good ones are already taken, so here's one in my top ten: have lots of different colors on your plate. (Artificial ones don't count.)

Challenge yourself to find new colors, especially in the produce aisle. Purple cabbage, orange mango, pink shrimp, green snow peas, red strawberries...
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Mine is....when you cook soups or casseroles, make extra, then freeze into individual portioned containers. Write the date, calories, fat, etc on post it notes and stick to the containers. Then, when you need a quick lunch or dinner, you just microwave up your own homemade meals. This particular tip has kept me on track many a day! No more Lean Cuisines for me, because my homemade meals are often larger, more filling, and full of things that are better for me. And they taste better! My freezer has been my weight loss friend!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 182/174.6/125

Height: 5'2"

OMG, that is awesome you lost over 50 pounds!!! Funny I read you are on medifast because I've been researching and trying to decided if I want to do Medifast....and here you are having great success with it.
I'm scared that I wont like the food. But the best part to me anyway....is the fact this plan is structured. I need that now in my life. I have no willpower, no discipline and I do not want to sit and count calories. I'm looking for a plan that is spelled out for me...for example....eggs for breakfast...shake for snack..soup for lunch, etc.
How did you like the food?
I weigh 183 pounds, I'm only 5'2" and I want to be a hot grandma! LOL. More than that, I want to be healthy again and feel energized and not lazy anymore.
HELP!
PS. AGAIN, GREAT JOB ON YOUR JOURNEY! It does give me hope
Michinmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Talking Zumba: New to the GROOVE....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJuicyD View Post
Zumba!!!!!!!!!! Enough said lol
Hey! I just tried Zumba Friday night, and really enjoyed being granted permission to shake my booty all over the place and in general act like a complete idiot in the sanctity of a group of women my age! Well, most were my age...the older ones REALLY can shake it and put us all to shame!!! I think it will definitely help me whittle my waist and tone my hips. If I can shake off some the alien creature that has become my lower abdomen, that will be amazing as well! I made it thru the first class, however, my money maker really hurts. So what, right? Nothing good ever comes easy! I'll be back for more dance party Tues. or Wed. Darn teenybopper's football scheduel is messing w/ my dance party!!! Good luck & keep on dancin'!

Sidnanne
sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinmn View Post
OMG, that is awesome you lost over 50 pounds!!! Funny I read you are on medifast because I've been researching and trying to decided if I want to do Medifast....and here you are having great success with it.
I'm scared that I wont like the food. But the best part to me anyway....is the fact this plan is structured. I need that now in my life. I have no willpower, no discipline and I do not want to sit and count calories. I'm looking for a plan that is spelled out for me...for example....eggs for breakfast...shake for snack..soup for lunch, etc.
How did you like the food?
I weigh 183 pounds, I'm only 5'2" and I want to be a hot grandma! LOL. More than that, I want to be healthy again and feel energized and not lazy anymore.
HELP!
PS. AGAIN, GREAT JOB ON YOUR JOURNEY! It does give me hope
I'm replying to you because we share so much--same size and weight goals, and I was about the same weight when I started, age, too I imagine, since I'm a grandma. But mostly that you want a structured plan without counting calories. I absolutely cannot track anything. What worked for me was South Beach. It's not for everybody, I know. Different people react differently. My main problem was the blood sugar roller coaster. SB tamed that immediately; I was never hungry and had tons more energy. You say you have no willpower, but I bet you do. Think of some part of your life where you have accomplished something, or stayed determined despite setbacks.

My chief tip is to find something that you can live with, that's sustainable and fun.
lillyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Smile Read DA BOOK!!!

My #1 tip would be to invest the $30, buy and read the book, Dr. A's Habits of Health. It is easily worth $130, and has truly changed my life. Regardless of what eating / lifestyle plan you are on, this book will help you achieve your goals! Good luck and best wishes for continued success!!!

Sidanne

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

My number 1 tip is learn to love yourself now and have compassion with yourself.

My number 2 tip is plan for splurges without guilt.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 396/321/180

Height: 5'9

Wow, this thread really took off.. Loving the tips, guys, lets keep them coming. Here is another one for you all.. BLOG! I am blogging at a tumblr site and I am finding it is keeping me in line. If anyone else has a blog on there and wants to add me let me know!
BuggyBear81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #41  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I had to think about this for a while but I've finally decided what my one tip would be.

Learn and focus on the fundamentals of weight loss and don't worry about minor details.

What I mean by this is to understand that there are some key fundamental aspects to losing weight and they are easy to screw up. Many people like to get caught up in the details which simply don't matter compared to the fundamentals.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

It's all mental.

There is no "good days" or "bad days", just depends how you look at it. Food is food, it's not bad or good. It's just food. Get in the right mental space to lose weight, and then set yourself up for success. Buy the foods you need to be eating, don't buy the foods that sabotage you.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

Drink water! Lots and lots and lots of water! It keeps me from getting hungry! At first I had to force myself to drink it and now I can tell when Im not drinking enough!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote