Am I supposed to feel this tired?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey guys, I'm only 2 weeks into my diet. Yes, I cheated a couple times, but overall my calories and carbs i've kept pretty low. I can tell I'm on the right path.

But I have a lot of mood swings. I go from energetic to lethargic quite fast.

Is that normal? I would have thought I would have more energy cause that's what some say, maybe I was misinformed.
  • Are you otherwise healthy? If so maybe you just need a good multi-vitamin.
  • Quote: Are you otherwise healthy? If so maybe you just need a good multi-vitamin.
    Recommendation?

Centrum always made me sick to my stomach.
  • My doc gave me prenatal vitamins! Kinda freaked me out at first lol but she said its a great multi vitamin!
  • How many calories are you eating, and are you eating real food (as opposed to mostly "diet" processed food? A vitamin is a good idea (try chewable and take with food) but it can't make up for not eating enough. Hope you get that energy back soon!
  • What are your calorie and carb levels? I suspect your calories may be too low.
  • Ya they're pretty low, isn't that the point tho?

Probably 1500-1800 calories
  • Quote: What are your calorie and carb levels? I suspect your calories may be too low.
    I am thinking the same thing! I noticed that I had kept my calories pretty low at work Monday because it was a low active day. Then all of a sudden I had to really get moving. So I had taken in WAY to little calories for all my activity! Man I hadn't had a mood swing that scary since I was PREGGO! LOL

Bribarian....I just started back up 3 weeks ago. If you would like a buddy then I would be willing. I think the ladies are right. If you find the right combo of calories, types of food, and maybe a multi vitamin. You will do great! I try to snack on fruits or carrot sticks to keep the moodys away
  • Quote: Ya they're pretty low, isn't that the point tho?

Probably 1500-1800 calories
    Thats not to bad....as long as you have higher calorie days when you are more physically active. A good thing is to also rotate. Have a low calorie day then a higher one. Make sure all your calories are counting towards healthy stuff that will give you fuel.
  • It took about 50lbs before I got the "energy" all the dieters talk about.
  • Quote: It took about 50lbs before I got the "energy" all the dieters talk about.

Mine came from all the exercise that I was getting and the healthy food choices too. Of course I was going to the gym 3+ times a week! LOL
  • Quote: My doc gave me prenatal vitamins! Kinda freaked me out at first lol but she said its a great multi vitamin!
    I take prenatals too and I'm even on birth control so it has noting to do with the plan to become pregnant. My doctor said that if they work for me then she highly recommended them because they are actually very good for females even if they aren't pregnant because they have a bunch of extra vitamins that are necessary to women.
  • My doc suggested prenatals too -- said all menstruating women could benefit from the extra iron and other things.

A.
  • If you are cutting your carbs way too low, you will feel like that. You need carbs for energy.

I've been on weight watchers for the last 15 weeks, have lost 9 pounds and I've never felt like that.

Why don't you think of signing up for WW's as well? You can eat anything that you like, just in moderation.
  • Could also be lack of water. Nothing makes me more lethargic than to get a bit dehydrated.

Suzie Parker You do not need most carbs (if any) in the sense that people think of carbs - rice, potatoes, bread, pasta, sweets. You get plenty of good carbs (I keep mine around 100 net grams a day) from fruit, veggies and beans.

I've been eating 'lower' carb for 5 months now and I'm no longer having blood sugar issues. I have lost 52 pounds, my blood pressures is now almost normal without meds and my cholesterol has dropped 40 points. AND, I have more energy than I've had for a decade or more.

We simple don't need starchy carbs.