Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: i was 70kgs i am now 64kgs

Height: 5ft 1

Big hugs!! i know how you feel i used to do that then realised punishing myself was not getting me anywhere! If i wanted to get slimmer and change then the only one who could do that was me!

No one else but Me!

Punishing yourself will just make you miserable, besides wouldnt it be better to treat yourself? reward yourself once in a while for eating healthier, losing weight, doing some exercise!?

I have noticed several people do things like that on the forum and its more positive and will make you happier
Marmot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #17  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

This is something I can't really relate to, because even thru my fattest times I still have always taken good care of my nails, skin, hair, etc. I dress fashionably, and still clean my house & make sure my car is clean & the oil gets changed, so why shouldn't I do good stuff for my body as well? Why? Because being fat doesn't make me anything. Except, well, fat. And I'm workin' on that!

I guess it comes down to the simplicity of separating the body issues from the self issues. I've often said that my body image and my self image are very different. I respect myself; ****, I LOVE ME! My body is fat; my self is wonderful. I have a poochy stomach; I have a good heart. I have bat wings (upper arms) and a keen wit. My butt is a bit droopier than it was when I was younger, but I have strong opinions. See what I mean?

For instance, I enjoy certain activities and so forth regardless of my weight. I know many people who wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit simply because they're overweight. They worry what other people will say, what others think, being made fun of, etc. I say screw that!!!! - I love the beach & I love to swim so I'm gonna do it whether I'm 192 pounds or 140 pounds. And if somebody wants to make fun of me because I have chub hanging over the side, then bully for them. I don't go anywhere or do anything for their pleasure anyway. I'm in this life for me!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote