Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! ! I am so ready for the weekend!

I am up earlier than normal. I have a lot of things to get done before the weekend!

Still no TTOM. I have symptoms, though.

Weigh In: 145
Down: .4

Still Congrats on beating the snackies!

Berry Your area sounds wonderful. Congrats on getting through the KS workout! I have been working out for a long time now. I find it difficult to get my heart rate up now. It seems the best way for me to get it up there is not with cardio anymore, but with AWT type workouts. I also, recover very quickly now. I don't have a HRM, so I don't know what it is. When I go to the Dr. and they check my BP and pulse, it's low.

Shyheather Congrats on the great workout at the gym!

K9 I'm glad you had such a good time at VBS! Great job in staying strong against the
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post

I say there are 2 types of set-ups..
those for success
&
those for failure

If I must choose 1 over the other, why not set it up for me to be successful??

I love this!

Aggie Congrats on the 220's! I had a terrible time getting out of the 230's! They were awful!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-10-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #137  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

This is the 1st Friday in a while I can remember actually LOVING!!
I feel like I'm in a MccyD's Commercial!

I'm LOVING it!!

2.4 LOSS
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #138  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning, all! Quickly checking in and posting yesterday's info.

Weigh in: 183.4
Exercise: Pilates and 1 hour walk w/ my mom
Breakfast: Missed it.
Lunch: Whole wheat bread, mayo, tomatoes
Snack: Veggie straws, dark chocolate
Dinner: Taco Salad
Dessert: fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding, strawberries, fat free whipped topping
Calories: Not sure...not as much as I should.

This morning gave me another new low of 182.6. After being stalled in the high 180s/low 190s for two months, it's nice to finally be moving again! Today is my children's last day of school and then they have an award ceremony tonight. It's a potluck deal at the church, so it's probably good that I had a low calorie day, yesterday.

Keep up the good work!!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #139  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2006 View Post
k9owner~ hope you made it through the temptation day. how are you doing on the lower calories? im trying to drop down a little to, to around 1350 from 1550 to see if that helps me lose a bit faster.

sooooo today, im 228.8. im in the 220s! i want to do a dance. thats 18 pounds in 30 days =) but the first 8 flew off in the first couple of days. nonetheless, i feel accomplished today, esp since im out of the gym this week due to my ankle. thankfully today my ankle finally feels a bit better. i was getting worried! im hoping monday i can atleast resume my lake walks!
on your FABULAIRE Loss, gf!! You Rock!!

Nothing has really helped me out like detoxing from processed carbs. Except for the birthdays--with the desserts, the weekend at the lake, and the dessert on Wednesday of this week, I have pretty much stayed in a detox state, which includes--no rice/pasta, no whole grains or bread, very little to no sugar, very little fructose (ie, fruit sugar--no jam, jelly, or juice & only like 5 strawberries and 6 oz of pineapple in 2 weeks), & no starchy veggies, like yams or corn or potatoes. Basically I've been bouncing in the P1 phase of SBD (South Beach).

I thought it would be really hard, but actually it's not. I don't really miss the breads/rice/pasta like I do the fruit--esp. with it being summer!! I have still enjoyed legumes. I used them in things I would have put rice or pasta in
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #140  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2006 View Post
k9owner~ hope you made it through the temptation day. how are you doing on the lower calories? im trying to drop down a little to, to around 1350 from 1550 to see if that helps me lose a bit faster.

sooooo today, im 228.8. im in the 220s! i want to do a dance. thats 18 pounds in 30 days =) but the first 8 flew off in the first couple of days. nonetheless, i feel accomplished today, esp since im out of the gym this week due to my ankle. thankfully today my ankle finally feels a bit better. i was getting worried! im hoping monday i can atleast resume my lake walks!
Just wanted to jump in here a bit. You had that HUGE loss, and are being so successful and you want to lose faster and are trying to cut calories lower? You do realize that you are losing at beyond fast speeds, right? While I agree COMPLETELY with cutting down on processed carbs - that's how i eat too. No one needs those simple carbs, I do worry about your wanting to go faster. This is not just about losing the pounds. It's about being able to maintain that loss and changing how you eat and live your life for the rest of your life. If you can't maintain a way of eating and lifestyle, the weight WILL come back on. So, be very careful of the mindset of 'faster', OK??
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Thursday 05/09
B: Fruit Salad
L: Strawberry & Sausage Salad with Strawberry Vinigrette
D: 2 Baked Chicken Wings & Mixed California style veggies
Water: 100 ounces
Excercise: Zilch

Since getting back from vacay and the steamy hot weather I don't feel like excercising. I have no motivation to do my P90x or even go walking. I feel bored with the excercise routine too, I believe. I'm feeling like something fun and more exciting even though I was seeing results with what I was doing.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #142  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning everone! No change on the scale this morning but that's OK. that means yesterday 1.4 loss wasn't a fluke and that's good enough for me! I'm a bit sore this morning from the work in the garage, but I at least feel rested. Crampy and blah from TTOM, but that's another reason I wanted a good workout last night - not sure if I'll be up for it tonight.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

berry, its the drop in calories that made me lose i think. the reason i say so is bc the last week and a half i was pretty much laying around the house due to my ankle. and the 1550 i was doing while going to the gym wasnt cutting it. so i dropped this week to 1350 and finally had a budge in the scale. my scale counts every 100 grams, so the fact that it didnt budge, and i actually had a gain last weekend scared me and i dropped to btwn 1350 and 1500 for a couple days. i will go back up to 1550 once im in the gym again. really its like 1550 -1700 on average. am i wrong here?

i do agree i have this unrealistic ideal of losing weight. when i dont lose one week, i feel like i did something wrong? or rather im scared i miscalculated what i ate and i wont lose weight. i guess i have this idea, that theres no way im going to lose this weight, and it hasnt sunk in that what im doing is enough, and i will lose this weight.

sometimes, i feel at my weight (and in my past weight loss experience) i should be losing more. i have to think long term and healthy though...i guess im just starting this diet (only 30 days so far) and im not quite sure what im doing, and how much i should be losing at this weight etc.
thanks for trying to put it in perspective for me though...

Last edited by aggie2006; 06-10-2011 at 07:59 AM.
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Yesterday I ate 2096 calories. Way over my targt of 1350.
I didn't properly schedule dinner, so it ended with McDonalds instead.
Lesson learned about how important it is to plan meals into my day.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

just to add, im not doing anything drastic and i feel satisfied, i have enormous cravings, but i know its not hunger. so im not doing something unrealistic, or unmatainable. im actually suprised at how satisfied i am, and seeing as it doesnt feel like im on a diet, im worried im not doing enough. i guess thats where the urge to diet harder comes from. i have this unrealistic idea that dieting should be painful, i guess ive always done it the wrong way!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #146  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Does anyone else get the weird metallic taste in their mouth from dieting? Acetone or whatever. I need to go out and buy some gum but I usually don't chew gum. Even if I drink some hot green tea or something, the taste is back 10 minutes later.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday's I had 978 calories which is too low for me. I have a few days where I seem to end up low but I do not want to eat high calorie foods at the end of the day simply to raise my calorie intake. Better planning of my day and eating with healthy foods seems like a better way for me.

My weight was steady at 233 yesterday and I have not weighed yet today.

No exercise yesterday

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

No matter how much I preach it, there's still a tiny part of me that doesn't believe it: scale fluctuations don't mean much. (Warning: whining ahead.)

I'm at 201.4 this morning, and that 0.4 bounce in the scale is oddly more disturbing to me than my 2.4 lb bounce on Monday. Why? Because I was good yesterday. I know, I know, I know, that scale fluctuations don't correlate to eating on a day-to-day basis. But I had 3 good days in a row! and I'm still up (yes, by a mere 0.4. My inner tantrum doesn't care.)

OK, that's out.

To resurrect the bra talk, out of curiousity, I measured my bra this morning. There's a bra (at Walmart) that has been my go-to bra for the past year or two. I'm hard on bras I guess, I go through them pretty quickly. I'd been getting 38D, but the last time I went shopping I was at my heaviest, and decided I would get both a 38D and a 40D, and return it if I didn't like it. I got them home and the 40D fit and the 38D was tight. Wearable, but not ideal. I was surprised because it just didn't fit like the previous 38D. Well, months later I finally decided to compare. The old 38D and the new(er) 40D are exactly the same size. And when I lay it flat without stretching, the band is 31". Admittedly, you want your bra to stretch so it stays in place, but even so, that seems small. Either way, I'm going to continue wearing them.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #149  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I'm still dancing with 189. Back down the same .2 to 189.2. Whatever. I've been on plan but not sleeping great. I did get a bunch of sleep last night so that was nice. I did some strength work too. Did some pushups, tri dips and I'm feeling it today. Gonna try for a small, easy run tonight with some more strength work. I get to be Maxwell-Free later in the afternoon tomorrow so I am planning on a full fledged, rock it out, sweat like you mean it, kind of run.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. I will try and check back a little later.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #150  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone,
It's so hot I don't want to move! I have ran the kids to and from school all week then it's back to bed for me. I got food into them while their dad was out of town (but to tell you the truth I don't know how). This is still Spring time, I can't imagine Summer. I guess the one good thing about heat is I don't want to eat.
Krystal congrats on the loss. You've fought gallantly all week against those sweets. Good job. My hero!
Shells you're going through the 80's so quickly you'll be in the 70's soon. Good job on the Low today.
Rachael as you can see, I totally relate on the exercise and heat thing. I'm not sure I'd have advice as I just went back to bed. I don't know how to push myself into working out in this heat. I hate to sweat.
berry are you sore from the garage or a workout? I'm curious because it's funny to me how I can do a good workout and be able to walk around no problem but clean something out the next day I'm asking where's the Bengay?
aggie I think you're doing great. You seem to have a plan on your calories. I get lowering them while not exercising and if your comfortable (not starving and have energy) then your body is probably OK with it. But like berry said it's not really a diet as its a lifestyle. I know because once you stop doing what it is your doing (low carbs/low fat/no sugar) and add the stuff you've taken out once the weight is gone BAM all that weight and more. I lost with Atkins before my youngest was born. I even lost while pregnant (a full 19lbs!) I had made it to 198. Oh man I was super happy. Then BAM my little angel crashed and ended up in the hospital. I refused to leave her side and so for two weeks I had to eat what the hospital served. I haven't seen 198 ever since and I got to highs of 283. So be careful is all I'm saying and what you chose to do now you will have to continue to do but in a maintenance version.
Isabella Ugh the dreaded McD's. I'd like fries with mine Just wondering if maybe they have salads and even if you eat two would that have been less calories. I seriously wouldn't know as I'm a Big Mac girl but even when going through the drive through I say to myself "Nah, it's like 7 or more bucks for me to eat here, I can get cheaper at home with a peanut butter sandwich" Isn't that funny? I'll spend on the kids but not on me. AND its healthier for me! Good luck next time, we all have McD days.
Darius I tried to think about weird tastes and remember that while on Atkins yes I did have a weird taste. The only other time I have a weird taste is when I'm on a gluten free diet for Celiac's. Are you doing either of those?
Larry were you hungry at all yesterday? What's a good snack that has higher calories? One day I will join all of you in counting calories.
zoodoo LOL I like your whining alert. I can't remember where I was on these forums or who said it, but it was apt. Clothes makers are resizing the clothes to make the bigger clothes seem smaller. Sounds great in theory but it has made it so screwy for the rest of us. I can't say what's going on with those bras. I buy the same size from different stores and get different results, but I hate when it happens in same store same brand. I don't think theres any excuse for it. Its making it harder on us thats for sure. Especially for those us who do not try on at the store...I've never been a fitting room kinda girl.
Vixsin you go girl that was a lot of strength training. Hope you have a nice run tonight.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote