Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 11:45 PM   #46  

Default Not great, but better

Well..... I can't say that I did good today. But I did do a lot better than I have been doing. This morning I had planned on making a soy shake for breakfast, but never did. So I skipped breakfast then for lunch I took the kids to McDonalds because I was out shopping. They were out of school today for MLK. I got a number 2 or whatever. The 2 cheeseburgers,fries and drink. I did eat both the hamburgers, but I ate slowly. Mainly because my daughter (9mos.) kept making messes. When we first sat down, she grabbed the tray of drinks off the table and pulled them onto her. She was sitting in the highchair. Luckily the 3 drinks that landed in her lap did not spill because they had the lids on, and I got them off quickly. But the 4th drink landed on the floor and coke went everywhere! So the poor guy cleaning the tables stopped and cleaned it up. Ofcourse, it was slightly embarrasing, but with kids you are used to this. I kept having to make sure everything was kept out of her reach. The other children would get my attention, and I guess in looking at them, my hand wandered close to where Emily was sitting in her high chair, and she would grab my hamburger, drink, fry, whatever I was holding at the time. I was feeding her teeny tiny bites of bread from my hamburger, and as she does lately, she got gagged. If she gets gagged the least bit, it ALL comes up. Yep! You guessed it! She threw up all over the floor. I got her cleaned up, and the poor guy cleaning the tables had to come over yet again and mop underneath us as we held our feet up. I was embarrassed that time... But it kept me from eating all my fries! Anyway, then for dinner tonight I fixed some HOt Dogs for the oldest 3. And my hubby and I had light eckridge sausage and sourkraut. I had one bowl. Then later I was hungry and I ate about 4 red seedless grapes out of my husbands snack bowl, then I ate some strawberries with light cool whip. Tummy still growling I then ate a light 85 yogurt.
My husband had originally asked me to make some sugar cookies. But I got busy. Ofcourse, had I made them, I would have had to try the dough! And then ofcourse I would have had to have atleast one cookie. And ofcourse I rarely stop at one! When I realized that I had forgotten to start baking the cookies, I told my husband I was sorry, just give me a minute and then I will make the cookies. He was at the fridge and said he would just have a bowl of graped instead. So he actually saved me from myself. I did not work out today, because I was shopping all day. Tomorrow my youngest son has speech, but I am hoping I will have time after that to go work out. I intended on working out tonight after hubby got off work, but that never seems to work out. OH yeah... My husband told me to go ahead and join weight watchers. So I will check that out this week, or maybe next. Well..... bedtime! MOre later!

Teri
[email protected]
Old 01-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #47  

Question How is everyone doing?

Well... I finally went and worked out today! After my son's speech class, I went and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes then did my upper body weights. Tomorrow I plan on walking again for 45 minutes and then doing my lower body weights. My husband today over the phone asked me if I wanted to start going at night also. I told him that never works out. I always say I will go when he gets home, and it never happens. But I told him it would probably help me with losing weight faster. I cannot do weights twice, I don't think, but I could get more walking in, or ride the stationary bike. Maybe since he asked me, he will be more willing to watch the kids in the evenings while I go. I could take them with me ofcourse, but........it is just easier to go by myself. It isn't that my husband refuses to watch them, there is just always something that he is wanting to do. We have been painting our living room, and repainting our kitchen. He got that finished last night. Next it will be to do our bedroom and bathroom. Then the sewing/play room. ANd work our way back to the hall, kids bathroom, and the kids rooms. So I do not know how often he will feel like watching them. ANd it is hard to take them with me with the older two having homework, and then they need their bath, and I like for them to get in bed pretty early, because it takes them all forever to fall asleep! All except my oldest son. But my younger son and he share a room, and my younger son keeps waking him up.
Anyway.....I'm babbling today. For breakfast I had lowfat waffles.... for lunch I had bean burritos (2). Using the fat free refried beans and 2%cheese. I used to eat them when I was on weight watchers before. I cannot remember the points on them, but I remember I used to eat 2. So I did today, but should have eaten just one. Because now I am stuffed. OH yes. ANd before that I had a snack. (To help me not eat as much at lunch....yeah right! Did not work) But it was an apple. But then I had some of that caramel dip that comes in individual size servings. I used to eat that on weight watchers before, but I think it might have been a lowfat or fatfree version. AFter I ate the caramel dip with my apple, I got to looking at it, and it seems it was less calories and fat before. But I did not see a lowfat version at the store. Oh well........ I will probably not buy it anymore until I find out if there is a lowfat version. I love it though......
Well..... I have rambled long enough for now. I will let y'all go. HOw is everyone else doing??

Teri
Old 01-22-2003, 02:38 PM   #48  

Angry Hello Ladies!

How is everyone?

I am still hanging in there diet wise! But still not getting the exercise I need, I keep telling myself everyday that I will start tomorrow, but so far tomorrow has not come yet!

I am feeling good about not blowing the eating, but there is that constant voice in my head saying don't be so proud; you haven't even made it a month yet!!

I argue back to the little voice and say: this time I am doing it! This time is different, but to be honest I am scared that I will fail, that I will give up! I don't want to be a failure this time around! I read on someone's journal that "We are in control of our on destiny!" ( when it comes to weight, anyway! ), I am trying to believe this, trying to convince my inner voice that I can do this!

Please help if you can!?!!!

Paula
Old 01-22-2003, 04:55 PM   #49  

Default Hidey Ho Diamonds!

I haven't been perfect on my eating plan, but I'm trying and doing my best. You need to feel the same Paula - don't try and be perfect and don't feel like if you slip you will fail! We all fall down, and we've all gotta get back up again. Like I've said before, take pride in small victories and take this day by day!

I am trying to stick to exercising 3 or more days a week. Today I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the stationary bike and some stretching. Tomorrow I think I'll go to another gym location and do some swimming or aqua aerobics.

Hey, anyone looking for a good protein bar? I found some at Costco that are good for you and actually taste yummy too! Theyr'e called Premier Protein (white box, with colors on it). They are an awesome mid day snack or can be used part of a meal. I have them for dessert at lunch or dinner usually. One bar has 43% of the protein you need in a day! (31g) I am very picky about diet and sugarless, and high protein foods so if I like them, you KNOW they're tasty!

Are you guys having any problems with carvings? I am still battling my chocolate craving daily. Yeah, I can get some sugar free stuff, but I want the REAL DEAL! When ever I go into a store or shop or even in a gas station I have to talk to myself and say "Don't do it! You'll regret it!" and I leave the chocolate alone. What torture!! Please tell me I'm not alone in the craving department! Do you ladies still have demon foods that call your name all hours of the day and night? (At least that's how it feels!)

I hope you ladies are drinking your water, moving a little, and keep checking the boards. There is so much wonderful encouragement on this sight! Take care until tomorrow!!

Johnnie
Old 01-22-2003, 10:15 PM   #50  

Default Hello Diamonds!

Once before when I was losing weight, what helped me at the time was by reminding myself that I was not on a diet. That I was making a life change! This is the way I will have to eat for the rest of my life. Because a diet is temporary. So it helped when I ate something that wasn't on a diet plan. Because I would remind myself that I am not going to go my whole life without eating ice-cream, or chips, or guacamole! I can still eat all the things I want to, I just had to make up for it the following day or two. And not to go overboard. It seemed to help me at the time with cravings. By not totally denying myself the things I loved, I did not think about wanting them as much. I had started out drinking slimfast, then asked myself, do I really want to drink slim fast for the rest of my life? What happens when I stop drinking it? It was then I realized, I needed to learn to eat right now, and that it was more than a diet, it really was a life change. That was the only way it was going to be permanent. I kept my weight off for a year. It wasn't until I got remarried, pregnant, and my husband lost his job that I started putting the weight back on. STRESS EATER!! We moved to the Dallas area, and things have been rocky since. Not relationship wise, my husband is wonderful and very supportive. But just financially, and with the economy the way it is. My husband has been laid off twice in the 31/2 years we have been married. That is when my weight trouble REALLY began. I have put on about 65 pounds since we got married! I lost 30 pounds at one time, not really trying. Just doing the same as I stated above. But then he was layed off for the second time, and the day he brought his stuff home from work, was the day I found out I was pregnant with my 4th baby. I did not gain much weight during my pregnancy, but my ending weight was about what it was before I lost the 30 pounds. I have lost 5 pounds of that. But even though I weigh the same as before I am 2 sizes larger!
I don't know if this helps you any Paula, but maybe if you look at it as a lifetime change, and not a diet challenge the pressure of "failing" might diminish some?

As for myself, I did not work out today. My oldest daughter complained of being sick this morning, and she stayed home. I cleaned house all day. I did really good with food today, until tonight my husband wanted popcorn. And we always sprinkle with parmesan cheese. That use to be a nightly ritual with us. We would eat a bucket of popcorn while watching TV. Luckily my daughter was still doing homework which I thought she had finished earlier, and I helped her with it some. So it took me away from the popcorn bucket. So I did not eat as much as I normally would. But still not good. Oh yes. I also ate the remaining ice-cream left in my youngest son's bowl. It wasn't much, but I could have done without it. The better I eat now, the sooner I will reach my goal weight loss!

sorry for the book ladies! I will quit for now.

Good Luck
Teri
Old 01-23-2003, 01:00 AM   #51  

ok--ladies this will be a quick one. Doing pretty well, but having a little something everyday this week that I probably shouldn't. Not binging though. That is good. Started running my stairs. Legs killing me. Take care and hope all is well with you guys!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:53 AM   #52  

Angry Looking for support, can I join?

Hi! I am a SAHM of 3 (6, 3 and 17 mos) and licensed day care provider, care for a 4 month old 7 year old and 10 year old. Can I be a part of your support group?

I am 26 years old. I battled bulimia from 13 to 23. Have not b/p in almost 2 1/2 years. I do have some throat issues that remain, I am sure from the acid. Some difficulty swallowing. Highest weight 189, lowest weight 119 (5'6 frame). Current weight 155.

I have never been healthy thin. Even when I was "thin" at 119, and 133, I was sick. My body was not healthy.

When I delivered my daughter in 8/01, I weighed in at 180. So, I have managed to lose 25 pounds. My problem is I can push myself to exercise, but I LOVE chocolate, and sugar. What could be worse for me?

So far this week I have walked 6 miles with Leslie Sandsone's Walk away the pounds 2 mile tape, and exercised once with Denise Austin's Bounce Back After Baby (45 minute workout). So, my exercise has been good, but, my eating terrible. It is so frustrating for me to workout knowing all I am doing is burning off the chocolate, or ice cream, etc. But, it just tastes sooo good. How can I be satisfied without the sugar? I am not in favor of asparatame. I used to drink alot of diet coke, and developed heart palpitations, stopped drinking it, and sure enough, they soon stopped as well.

Sorry to ramble on so.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:29 AM   #53  

Default HI chikitababe

I do not care for asparatame either. I used to be able to force myself to drink a diet soft drink, and kinda got used to it. But I just cannot bring myself to do it again. I hate the after taste! Do you like the sugarfree fatfree puddings? They do not leave the aftertaste. Finding alternative desserts might help. Their is a "skinny cow" ice-cream sandwich that is really good. I use them for my ice-cream cravings. I LOVE ice-cream. And there are so many lowfat dessert recipes....... If you are interested or if anyone else is I can post a few that I have that help me get through my sweet cravings sometimes..... MY worst time is during my mp. It is almost like I am pregnant again, the way I CRAVE sweets! This month I did not do well...... but next month I plan on planning ahead and have all the ingredients available and ready to make my lowfat desserts when the cravings strike! I better get off here now. I need to start getting ready and get the kids ready to go work out.

Teri
Old 01-23-2003, 10:36 AM   #54  

Angry Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! I am trying to work through these fears of failure, I really do want to lose this weight and keep it off!!

Welcome chikitababe! I'm sure everyone will welcome you, they are all great!

Y'all stay warm! I leave in South Georgia and it is going to be 13 degrees here tomorrow!! Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Paula
Old 01-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #55  

Well, I pushed myself a little more today. I walked 4 miles with Leslie Sandsone's Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile tape. Now, if only I could get the eating thing right! I have been trying to drink more water, is a bit difficult.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:07 PM   #56  

Talking Welcome Chikita!

Hello diamonds! Well, I'm in the middle of my day and so far so good. I haven't gotten to the gym yet, but I'll do some kind of exercise today. I've been eating ok though, so that's a plus!

Chikita, welcome to our group! All of us here are big on being honest, dishing out support and even motivating eachother. I hope you check in daily and see what's going on with us, and keep us updated on your progress! Mind if I ask what kind of health plan you are on? What food(s) are you battling? Or is it just quantity? Fill us in with what ever you feel comfortable and we'll give you as much praise as we can.

Hey, I haven't told you ladies that I'll be offline all of next week. Two girlfriends and I are going on a four day cruise!

I can't tell you ladies how excited I am! Just myself and my two best friends - no hubbies, no kids, not worries! Ofcourse, it's gonna be **** trying to eat right ALL of the time, so I'm just gonna forgive myself (what's a vacation without awesome food!) and keep up my exercise. I'm taking my sweats so I can go walking each day, and maybe checkout the gym on board. I hope when I get back I'll find lots of messages on the board and hear how you all did while I was away!

I have continued to battle my chocolate cravings. I was out of all of the 'allowable' treats yesterday, so I just kept talking to myself and went to bed without falling off the health wagon. When I'm out shopping today, I'm gonna pick up some sugar free, low fat fudgecicles or something else yummy to keep on hand!

Hope you all have a good night! I'll check back in tomorrow!!

JohnnieAnn
Old 01-24-2003, 12:20 PM   #57  

Default Hello Diamonds!

Have a great time Johnnie!! Time away for yourself sound soo nice! I forgot what that feels like!

I have been doing pretty good on my eating, except I ate popcorn again last night with my husband. This is the second time. But when he cooks it, it smells up the whole house! And I do enjoy eating popcorn with him all snuggled up on the couch. IT was what we use to do, when the kids were all in bed and we were watching TV. It was only a few minutes, but it was the only "alone" time we had outside the bedroom. Still... I can sit with him and watch TV with him without eating the popcorn.
I worked out yesterday, and I am going to go work out today as soon as the oldest two get out of school. I think maybe if I leave before my husband gets home, I will actually be able to do it. I will be getting home about 6, but he does not get home until 5. Maybe if I prepare dinner ahead of time, to where all I have to do is stick it in the oven at 6 when I get home ,we can still eat early enough. I am going to try. I have been kinda proud of myself this week. I have been eating right... I only excercised twice, but I really worked hard those two times! But unfortunately the scale has not budged. I have set some short time goals for myself to maybe help me stay motivated to excercise. I was going to go walk again last night, but my hubby asked me to please stay home and spend some time with him. Since I had already worked out earlier that day, i agreed.

oops. Emily is fussing. Gotta go!
Teri
Old 01-24-2003, 04:09 PM   #58  

All this, and still the scale didn't budge:

Have walked 10 miles with Leslie Sandsone since Monday
Worked out with a 45 minute aerobics tape once this week
Been drinking at least 7 cups of water a day

Stepped on the scale, nothing, nada, zip. In fact, I may be a pound heavier than last week, before I started really exercising and drinking the water again.

I am soooo frustrated!!!

Now I remember why I gave up trying to lose weight in the past.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:36 PM   #59  

Default Scale Frustration!

I know what you ladies mean. . . you try and try and you don't see the numbers go down. But just remember, sometimes you loose size before you lose pounds. Are you feeling a small difference in your clothes? Are you feeling not as winded when you exercise? Just keep on the healthy path and the scale will change before you know it!

Myself, I don't weigh myself everyday. I hate that discouraged feeling I get when I don't see a big change! And even though the pounds aren't falling off, I have noticed a small change here or there, and that's a good start for me. Remember, take it one day at a time!

Teri, you know, popcorn isn't all THAT bad to have. Are you on a no carb diet and that's why you distress after eating it? I still enjoy snacking on popcorn at home, I just don't eat the whole bag like I used to! If you're not on a diet that forbids carbs, just plan on having some popcorn each night and knock off a few extra carbs during the day. Don't make yourself suffer! Life is too short!

I went to visit my sister and grandma today. My sis is now on Adkins and I told her about this web sight and our thread, so while I'm gone, don't be surprised to find a new member claiming to be my sister! The important thing to remember is that I'm younger and cuter! hahahaha

I've done well eating right today, now I've gotta just get a workout in. I guess now's as good a time as any, huh?! Talk to you diamonds tomorrow!

Johnnie
Old 01-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #60  

Question Hey, where has everyone been?

How is everybody? Just wanted to check in with everybody to see how things are going!?!

Okay here, still no exercise to speak of but I have to admit I have been doing GREAT in the food department!!! Not trying to brag but this is a big feat for me!! I have stayed under ( or at ), 1200 calories and have been drinking water like it is going out of style!!

I think I have lost about 5 or 6 lbs since starting, my home scale is not real reliable!

Anyway I am still focused, and I am proud! Just gotta get some form of exercise! How do I find the time??

Waiting to hear from everybody!

Paula
Closed Thread