Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Default I’m not ready to vacation

I went away for a few days and had the best of intentions. I packed my gym clothes and promised myself I would NOT eat over plan. Fail and Fail. I basically ate with reckless abandon. I didn’t count calories. I didn’t limit my portions. I didn’t stop eating when theoretically I should have been full. I probably didn’t eat as badly as I think I did but the fact that I wasn’t being mindful of what I was eating at the time bothers me. I am disciplined when my life is normal but I am obviously not ready to be on vacation while I’m still trying to lose weight. If I was at my goal weight I’d be perfectly fine emotionally over not eating all that great but the fact that I am still 10 pounds from goal and let myself eat whatever drives me insane.

I am happy to be back home and I can pick up where I left off last week. After my work out tonight I am going grocery shopping for my healthy food. Tomorrow I’ll cook up my calorie and carb friendly meals for the next few days. I need to feel back in control. I fell off the carb wagon and now I am craving EVERYTHING!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back home =)

I went on my honeymoon cruise a few years ago with the same best intentions. With thoughts of "its' a vacation, not a vacation from good health" etc, etc. Believe me, it's very easy to fall off the wagon when the wagon's no where in site.

That's why most vacations are short. Fun was had (hopefully more than food fun) and we come back to normal life and return to normal ways. Don't spend long beating yourself up. We're human. We do these kinds of things from time to time.

You're already taking steps towards getting back into the groove.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Lovely. I more or less did the same thing you did, but I'm not really beating myself up over it.

What's the difference between your weight loss phase and your (future) maintenance phase? When it comes down to it, not much. When you're at goal, you'll still have to slog through the day to day, thinking about your food and exercise choices. And you'll have times when you're a little laxer. If you're not planning on being upset with them then, why be upset now? You're living it already.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

But the good thing is you are back on track! That's the hardest part, that is where I failed so many times in the past. Today is a new day, the first day of a new month of renewed motivation and dedication.

I had a terrible weekend foodwise, it was my city's annual food festival and I ate anything and everything I could get my hands on. I won't begin to tell you guys what I ate, I don't want to cause any unnecessary cravings! The good thing is I did a 5K walk for my city's foodbank though that was the only thing I did.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #5  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

my dad's moving to new york, so we flew out a couple weeks ago to see the area for about 4 days. while i DID go to the gym and keep my calories under control, i ate the worst possible things -- and one night i had cake for dinner. it was awful. it's hard to stay on plan when everything around you is different and it's so easy to make excuses.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote