Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 07:58 PM   #76  
deleted2

Punkin, I was really touched by your friends parceling out the treats for you. She's a keeper!

Old 01-10-2003, 09:10 PM   #77  

Default happy friday night

well today went a little over board on the calories today, but its the onley day in weeks thats happend so i should be ok.
when the period demon arrives i eat chips for salty , and a few candies here and there .
I have a paragraph to write for monday and have to type it on the computer im no good at that spacing and paragraph look, my teacher is suppose to show me that next week. i need prayer!!! haha, shur wish i was talented in the writing department like amarantha!!! you are , i enjoy reading your post.

Today we got snow here and very cold temps. and tonight suppose to be worse.

well gotta go goodnight all , later and lighter senamay
Old 01-10-2003, 09:21 PM   #78  

Default what i like about myself!!!!!!

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO CALLED MY NAME WHEN I WAS ONLEY 14, AND TOO THIS DAY HE HAS NEVER LET ME DOWN, AND ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME, I'M GLAD I PUT MY FAITH IN HIM ALONG TIME AGO, AND EVEN THOUGH I STRAY FROM HIM SOMETIMES, HE HAS NEVER LEFT ME, THROUGH MY PARENTS DEATH , AND BEING ALONE, AND DEPRESSED, AND NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO , I'M GLAD I INVITED HIM INTO MY LIFE. WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT HIM.AND MORE IMPORTANT WHAT WOULD I BE ?? I'M A CHILD OF GOD,AND THAT S A GREAT THING TO BE THANKFULL FOR!!
THANK YOU JESUS FOR LOVING ME FOR WHO I AM!!!!

AND HE LOVES YOU TOO!!! DONT WANNA PREACH TO ANYONE, BUT OUT OF ALL THE FRIENDS IN YOUR LIFETIME, YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ONE LIKE HIM, AND HES ALWAYS THERE WAITING FOR YOU TOO ASK HIM TO COME IN. HE DIED FOR YOU SO YOU WOULD HAVE LIFE AND NOW YOU NEED TO GIVE YOUR LIFE BACK TO HIM..

WITHOUT JESUS WITH JESUS
Old 01-11-2003, 06:59 AM   #79  

Smile Simply Saturday!

Hello All!!

Slept in a little this am and it felt great.

You should have seen the look on my face yesterday when I went to the water aisle in Walmart and found bread instead of water! Luckily, the water was moved -- was really afraid they had decided not to carry it anymore! (like my Pria bars!)
Its those little things ~~!!

My team leader called a closed door meeting w/ 1 minute notice yesterday. As of Monday, she has accepted a transfer to another unit. Its a step up for her but frankly, this is not good news for my unit. I expect this to be the first of many changes as I already know many team members only stayed in the unit because of our current team leader. They liked our team leader more than the work. As of this minute, I don't think I'd be interested in following to the "new" unit. We'll see.

Senamay, was it you that sent that cold weather east to Delaware?? Just kidding!

Even though its frigid, there are still some yard sales ( Hopefully inside!) so DH and I are heading out. He also has to go into his job for a few hours today while I have plans to see a friend. We worked together at my last job. Her current job requires she dress professionally everyday. I'm bringing her some clothes hoping she can make use of them. Am I the only one who bought somethnig "just a little tight but will fit soon" -- lost it in the closet and now--- its way too big??? Never worn!
Oh well..............!!!!!!!!!!

Today's thought I used in the closing of my first speech -- I know none of you are suprised that I included a quote!!
"Remember, if ever you need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first to help yourself, and second to help others."
I am not sure if she was quoting a favorite poem ... just found some information about Ms Hepburn this morning that was new info to me.

Everyone is doing so well on their Valentine challenge!

I really like that I found this thread on 3FC!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kaylets; 01-11-2003 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:58 AM   #80  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Drive-by "me-me-me-and-me postie as I be determined to meet my deadline today and have Sunday off! Almost made NFBNPAM yesterday but wimped at 11:30 p.m., no problem as I'm not trying to make any special number of days. Today must exercise enough to reach my 1300 calories burned for the week goal ... can do, it's in the bag, so to speak. Candy not a problem, can easily go until Valentine's.

Soooooooo, Day 7
NFBNPAM: Day 1

What I like about me today (have been forgetting to do this, so I'll do two): I am GOING TO MEET ALL MY GOALS TODAY (I REALLY LIKE THAT) and I am feeling younger every year I live (an illusion, no doubt!)!!!!! Hoooooray for ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:27 AM   #81  

Empress, I think all my posts are me, me, me so it's only fair you should have some.

Do hope job changes work out in your favor, Kaylets.

I woke up this a.m. with more plans for things to try on dh's restricted diet. Really need to build him up. He's feeling better but still weak, anemic, etc. I'm not much of a cook but do cook to his taste. It's really been a challenge to come up with things that work. Must take time to research dialysis sites, etc and look for more. Time's been too short up 'til now but things are easing a bit. Went to K-Mart and Franklin's (arts/crafts) yesteray just to LOOK. Wanted to pick up a Valentine's something or other for front door (and as a reminder). Nothing there yet. Other years they're loaded by now. Also checked out WalMart and drug store previously. But taking time to just wander around looking like that is a real luxury.

The candy (not) challenge and the no evening eating are going well, water ok but did have a donut for breakfast today. That'll take some work to balance out the rest of the day but I'm up for it.

Today I love thinking about the fact that through this last six weeks with all sorts of stresses and holidays and hospital food, I still managed to lose five pounds. That's certainly not the OLD me so I must have at least partially become a NEW me.

Glad you got past your block, Amarantha, and only have two more to go to free up your Sunday for frivolity and fun. Good for you!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:30 AM   #82  

Great losses, Eydie and Senamay!
Old 01-11-2003, 07:48 PM   #83  
Hot Stuff

Geez, this thing is crawling slower than a snail in a puddle of molasses!

Anyhoo....I came in to say I weighed in this morning and to my utter amazement the scale said 169!!! (All four times, in different areas of the bathroom floor ) Could this be So Long to the 170's?

Of course, I immediatedly celebrated by going shopping! There are some incredible sales out there right now...I came home with two pairs of jeans, a long skirt, two peasant-type blouses, some funky tan suede high-heeled boots (mid calf height) AND a pair of leather, knee-high high-heeled boots....all for $198.00! I was looking at spending that much JUST for boots before Christmas. I AM the Bargain Queen!

Oh, and I took a size 15 jeans into the dressing room, like I normally would...and they were too big! I bought a size 13 in both pairs. It has been a very good day.

I'm off to watch a movie with hubby. I'll catch up with everyone in the morning, when this will (hopefully) be running quicker.

Good night!

172/7/3 (Starting/pledged/lost)
Old 01-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #84  

You're just full of good news today, Wildfire. A weight loss, a size loss and bargains as well. I'd say you're having a great day. I'd also say you deserve it and you are ONE VICTORIOUS VALENTINE!
Old 01-12-2003, 06:46 AM   #85  

Smile Scrumptious Sunday!

Hello all!

Its official! I have a very scratchy throat !! Menthol lyptus cough drops and hot tea are helping but I expect at least one nap on today's schudule and not much else unless I really feel up to it!!

Wonder how much more I'll get done now that I've given myself permission to do nothing!!

Yesterday, I used Novembers date (accidentally)-- Its amazing that we are almost 1/2 thru January!

I expect to be around today- boring everyone w/ updates on my throat--

Was looking in my dictionary under 'V'-- Here's one a "V" word that applies to all of us:

Today's thought is:The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...
We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude."
Charles R. Swindowll

Till later!!
Old 01-12-2003, 07:55 AM   #86  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile weekly report

Mornin' all

Some early risers here...have done the abolutions and the scale dance, and here are the results....down 2! Yippee!

Am off to the gym shortly (before church) but just wanted to update myself....yippee!

Jeez Wildfire, you must have gotten some "steal deals" as my friend and I call them! Isn''t frugality wonderful!

What do I like about myself today.....my hair. I finally got it trimmed.

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 01-12-2003 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:50 AM   #87  
deleted2

Kaylets, sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you feel better soon!

Congrats, Ceara and Wildfire on the pounds gone! Wildfire, I'd love to go shopping with you; sounds like you have 'the eye' for a bargain for sure!

I'm hoping to have an uneventful Sunday. The most excitement I think I can handle is walking on the treadmill---at a brisk pace of course!

Old 01-12-2003, 10:45 AM   #88  
Hot Stuff

Ah, that's better....much quicker this morning.

Kaylets, I hope that scratchy throat doesn't develop into anything more! Have a restful day, you certainly deserve it, and anything that needs doing will still be there tomorrow!

Ceara, congrats on 2 gone! Yes, I got some incredible deals!

Eydie, come shopping with me anytime! Congrats on your 3 loss!

And Senamay...4 pounds!

We are one bunch of losers!

Anagram, you have done an amazing job over the last few months! To have a loss over Christmas is a feat in itself, but with all you've faced in addition to the holidays, you deserve a huge pat on the back! Glad to hear your DH is doing better!

Amarantha, you better not be working today! You should be resting at the Imperial Spa, watching the towel boys flex their towel folding muscles!

Punkin, that's very thoughtful of your friend to individually package the See's candy. She must be a great gal to put so much effort into that!

Arabella, how goes it?

My grandmother called me last night from Cape Breton. We'd kept missing each other over the holidays....busy signals, no answer, etc. She sounded great, and it is a relief. She broke her hip last spring and had been a bit depressed about not having her freedom. She will be 89 in a couple of weeks, still lives in her own house, and is still up with the birds, baking fresh bread every morning and making tea all day long for all the people who drop by. I only hope I have her energy and strength as I get older. Another reason to finally get healthy and happy this year! I have to plan a trip back home sometime this year. It's been too long.

Well girls, have a fabu Sunday! I'm going to make a grocery list for hubby, so I have to plan some meals. It's great....I make the list and he'll go do the shopping. I'd be willing to rent him out for a small fee.

Old 01-12-2003, 12:04 PM   #89  
Empress/Queen

Default :dance:s falleth ...

Well, all the shouting and huzzahs and vital stats were posted in journal and the sig line here tells the tale: Dropped off the extra three pounds and finally ready to work on my Valentine's Goal! Weekly average calories at 1905, calories burned in exercise 1280, didn't reach my goals on either of these but did very well, had no eating day above the 1900s and no day with zero exercise. Am dropping NFBNPAM for now ... too many challenges and I can't quite make that one at this point!!!

Day 8!!!!

Wildfire: Woo-hoo and for breaking through that 170 cusp and for finding bargains IN A SMALLER SIZE THAT FIT!!! Ain't life grand when the scale is being a good boy?

The towel boys are inexplicably absent ... where are they when we need 'em!? Amarantha must go to Michael's and WallyWorld instead! Sigh. Life be so unfair!

Thy grandma soundeth like someone I want to be when I grow up!!!! She deserveth a banana !!!!

Eydie: Take it easy on that treadmill!!! Those things are magic and can carrieth us off to exotic lands and scary jungle adventures when we least expect it! Best carry weapons and giant mosquito repellent!

Not sure if I missed saying WOO-HOO on thy loss back there, but congratulations anyhow and have a banana!

Ceara: Woo-hoo to you, too, for the TWO!!! Bananas for you!

Kaylets: Sorry thou be under the weather, o' quotatious one! If I can find the towel boys I'll send 'em over! Love the quote o' day ... hits home, Charles be right ... we can only control our attitude and everything hinges on that! Thanks for the reminder!

Senamay: Amarantha doth thinketh she missed thy post with the four pound loss ... definetely thou be in the WOO-HOOOOOOOO category also and congratulations!

To All Whom Amarantha Hath Missed (OR MISSED CONGRATULATING ON A LOSS) WOOO-HOOO!!!

Just To All For the Heck o' It: "WE ARE THE VICTORIOUS VALENTINE'S; WE'RE DOING BETTER ALL THE TIME! WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO TO ME AND ALSO TO YOU!!!"

Well, shopping awaits and Old Dog Sweetie is whining at office door wanting to be let in and hugged!!! Avanti!

I'm removing all bananas and assorted smilies, as the system won't take 'em!
Old 01-12-2003, 01:43 PM   #90  

Smile Sunday noonish

Hello!

Actually, as long as I have a cough drop or something hot to drink, I feel pretty good. But then again, I'm only moving when I feel like it and stopping as soon as I want. Not interested in braving the cold outdoors ( just hit 30 degrees a little while ago) right this minute.

Empress A- good going!! I too saw a small decrease-( on my way back to b/4 holiday weight! ) but official weighin is tomorrow so we'll see.

Am heating up water for tea -- may scribble a few notes for the next speech- this one can be 1 minute longer! - need to speak on something I feel passionate about- Its a toss up- perhaps the answer is in the pen--

Wildfire- I was hoping on catching a bargain on jeans- glad you got there for me- by time I get jeans shopping, all the sales will be long over!

Till later!

Last edited by Kaylets; 01-12-2003 at 02:51 PM.
Closed Thread