Increasing Calories

• I use LoseIt to track my calories. It has been set to lose 1.5 lbs since January, which started me at around 1330 calories and ended at 1165 calories. I loved that it slowly decreased the calories with every pound I lost, so I never felt a big difference. But this week I entered my weight of 134 lbs and it dropped me down to 1145 calories. I had gone over my calories nearly every day last week, not by many, a total of 200 for the week, and 1145 just does not seem do-able to me at this point.

Since I am at the last 5 to 10 vanity pounds stage, I had already been thinking about increasing my calories a bit and this cinched it for me. I changed the LoseIt ap to lose 1 lb per week and so my calories have increased to 1400. I should be feeling a little relief, but really I am feeling unreasonably anxious about it, which is ridiculous.
  • Well....I have never bought into the "eat more, lose more" train of thought, BUT after increasing my calories from 1200 to 1400 for six days, I lost two pounds. I have been losing at a fairly steady clip (about a pound a week lately) especially considering that I am at a healthy weight, so I hadn't been at a standstill, just increased because I was hungry and mentally needed some diet wiggle room. My body was probably just ready to have a mini-whoosh and likely the extra calories had nothing to do with it. I guess I am just relieved that I still had a loss with an increase in calories.
  • Wow, that's awesome, Aimeebell! Our bodies are such science experiments, aren't they? Good for you!
  • Awesome!! I find too sometimes if I have a few higher calorie days I drop down a bit. I don't know if like you said it's our body which was ready anyways but I have noticed a correlation a few times.