3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Thin is/Fat is (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/234317-thin-fat.html)

GoingGoingGone 05-29-2011 10:16 AM

Thin is/Fat is

I could think of any other place to put this, so I hope this is the right spot.

Knowing that thin isn't just a weight but a set of decisions along the way, was a very motivating thought for me. I created a list to show just how simple thin and fat is. Something I can look at and say "Am I deciding to be fat, or thin today?" I just wanted to share in hopes that it could motivate someone else.

It would also be pretty cool if you had a few of your own you wanted to add.

Thin is telling yourself I'm going to stick to my diet even when there is no movement on the scale.
Thin is telling your co-workers, "that's ok, I brought my lunch"
Thin is resisting that donut because you know donuts won't cease to exist by the time you reach your goal.
Thin is deciding not to go out every Friday and have a few drinks with the girls.
Thin is deciding that you'll go ahead and take the stairs.
Thin is remembering how great it felt to slip into that size that was once too small.
Thin is "eat this, not that".
Thin is accepting that you are too big and it's unacceptable.
For those of us who don't have health complications that get in the way, thin really is that simple.

Fat is letting a slip up make me blow the entire day.
Fat is giving into muffins my coworker just brought in.
Fat is digging into french fries although almost every restaurant serves salads and grilled chicken.
Fat is deciding that tonight I want to party and a little drink won't hurt.
Fat is believing your friends when they say "you've done so good on your diet, you can have pizza tonight"
Fat is getting depressed over a stall and totally caving in.
Fat is failing to tweak your diet instead of totally caving in.
Fat is weekly cheat days that slowly turn into weeks.
Fat is not realizing that there is no magic size where you'll no longer have to watch what you eat.
Fat is deciding that it's ok not to diet during vacation.
Fat is saying "I'll start over next week"
Fat is using Holidays as an excuse to cheat, your body doesn't know the difference.
Fat really is that simple.

Lovely 05-29-2011 11:50 AM

Oh yes! This is a great list :yes:

It's the little choices each and every day that lead us to success! Thanks for posting ^^

Dog Rescue Mama 05-29-2011 12:02 PM

Thin is the beautiful HEALTHY confidant woman i DO have inside me! I simply have to hold the door open!!!!! My choice, no excuses.

GoingGoingGone 05-29-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3869143)
Oh yes! This is a great list :yes:

It's the little choices each and every day that lead us to success! Thanks for posting ^^

That's right! :cp:

GoingGoingGone 05-29-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Rescue Mama (Post 3869153)
Thin is the beautiful HEALTHY confidant woman i DO have inside me! I simply have to hold the door open!!!!! My choice, no excuses.

Yep, I have to remind myself that thin IS inside me, I just have to make it happen!

WebRover 05-29-2011 02:05 PM

Thin is looking at unplanned foods and deciding not to eat them.

Fat is looking at unplanned foods, deciding they're an unexpected bonus ad digging in.

98DaysOfSummer 05-29-2011 03:35 PM

That is such a smart list!

I sometimes tell myself that thin is made of choices and fat is made of excuses. I need to make more CHOICES and fewer EXCUSES.

icelandgirl90 05-29-2011 03:54 PM

That is such a smart list!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98DaysOfSummer (Post 3869350)

I sometimes tell myself that thin is made of choices and fat is made of excuses. I need to make more CHOICES and fewer EXCUSES.

Well said!

SeeImTryin 05-29-2011 04:07 PM

That is a great list. I'm going to try and print it and get it on my fridge tonight! thanks so much.:)

mypinkpolkadot 05-29-2011 04:11 PM

Love this!