Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 08:06 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #263

WELCOME !!!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Just wanted to start a new Thread since we were on the second page with my last post....

I told you I would be back now didn't I????
Old 01-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I worked all weekend and now my daughter is sick, so I haven't had a lot of time for the computer. I start my exercise program tomorrow, so I should start seeing some real results in no time. I am getting this weight off this year, no ifs and or buts.
Steph
Old 01-05-2003, 10:04 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Ok, I'm going to TRY to ATTEMPT to catch up with everyone. Woooo, you all have been busy and I seem to have gotten lost along the wayside. My diet ambition for the first of January went out the window. I totally blew off the entire last of this week eatting all of the chocolate that was left in the house (I think, I hope). I'm ready to start in the morning (once again). I really do want to drop 50# by May 1st, but I have to at least get started, ya think?

Some of these responses are for things that were said quite awhile ago. I hope that you will all understand what the heck I'm referring to. I'll try to put some quotes in to refresh your memories!

Mary: What a (b)itch that Dianne is! Gosh, some friend. I would not have been such a lady about the whole thing either, I'm afraid. You wanted the job, you deserved the job, and you should have gotten the job.

Katrina: "Maybe a daily dose of Gingko Biloba is in order for me this year!" This is a great idea.....but don't you have to remember to take it????? * We did see Catch Me If You Can on New Year's Eve. It was really very good! Did you get a chance to see it? *I loved this: "my lesson learned is that despite some setbacks, ALL IS NOT LOST!!! This "all or nothing" attitude is something to get past! Life happens and everyday is not going to be perfect! That's OK!!! Do your best (Scout motto!) and move on..." Isn't that the lesson we all have to learn? That just because you have a cookie in the morning, doesn't mean the whole day is shot!!! Wise words, woman!!!

Tina: About mom and the calendar: I bet you were glad she gave you that instead of some fish print clothes again! * You don't have to be from the south to love Sweet Home Alabama, it's on my DVD want list too. Did you see Legally Blonde? They are coming out with a second one. Spring, I think.

2cute: We got about 4" of snow Christmas Eve and it stayed until it rained the day before New Years Eve. Then on Friday we got another 3-4" during the evening rush hour. That's when honey got creamed. And right at the end of our street. He almost made it home. It struck me as funny to hear you quote a point value for the fish. Just caught me off guard, I guess.

Steph: Your horoscope on your birthday was great. Now take it to heart and run with it! "Your ambitious objectives are likely to be much bigger in the year ahead than they have been in the past. With the greater motivation they'll generate in you, the rewards will be greater as well." WooHoo. Let's hear it for positive horoscopes!

Cindy: The accident story was terrible. So sad. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through all that. * Sometimes the scale is a wonderful thing, but I think those extra pounds got passed on to me! On the subject of responses: I always go up to 'file' and then 'new', 'window' (or Ctl+N if you're really clever) and that opens a new window that you can 'reply' in while still having the text window open from the thread. That way you don't have to scroll back and forth through the messages when you're replying and get lost every time. Does that make sense?

Duckie: I'm sorry to hear of your woes too. I don't want to come off sounding preachy, but you have your son to think about first and foremost. It doesn't sound like you have a very positive homelife going for him or you. There are plenty of agencies around who will help you get on your feet. You especially have alot of resources available to you BECAUSE of your son. You BOTH have a right to a happy life. I know that statement won't make things any easier. You have some tough decisions to make. [[[hugs]]]

Baylee: What's this about 'nosey relatives'? Did I miss something?

I hate when it won't let me do what I want the first time. I'll be back!

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-05-2003 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:06 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I'm back, part 2.

Lucky: Geez! Now you want us to find you a job AND a man???? That's a tall order, girlfriend! * And, OMG, I read "I have been drinking a lot today...." and I'm sorry, but I thought things had gotten REALLY bad. Then of course you added, "I actually think I have started to enjoy all this water." Wooo, you had me going there for a minute.

Michelle: Congrats on re-joining WW. *"2Cute....your egg idea is cute...only thing is it took me a few minutes to realize you were talking about drawing on the shell with a magic marker...I was thinking you meant the eggs themselves and I said eewwwww!" I'm so glad someone else thought the same thing. Only I'm a little denser than you are. I didn't realize what was going on until I read YOUR post, straightening me out! You asked about WW e-tools. The only experience I have with them is that Syn had signed up for WW at home or on-line and she got like 3 weeks of free e-tools. She let me play with them for a bit too while she had it. I wasn't all that impressed. There are alot of places on the site that you can go without spending the money for the e-tools. As a matter of fact, you can sign up for their weekly newsletter and that's free. It includes all kinds of recipes and tips and comes straight to your inbox every week. It does have a points calculator, but I have one of those for my desktop too that I can send you if you want. I got it from Dotti's before WW made her take it off.

Tonya: Gosh it's good to see you. I was wondering what happened to you. Losing over the holidays is wonderful! You done good!

Joe-anne: My gosh! What a surprise! It's so good to see you. I hope you won't be such a stranger. Tell us what's been going on in your life. I think you've been gone about 6 months, haven't you?

Sara: You big tease! I'm so glad the junkies didn't get you!

Well, girls, I'm hoping I touched base with all of you.

Some of you are going great guns already and I applaud you! I'm gonna run. I'm having breakfast with my cousins at 9:00 and then I have about 6-7 jobs to do. Busy day, vacation's over! See you all later.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:27 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys.........just running through with a lightening fast post. I am really tired right now and I promised that I would get in the bed before 12:00am and if I don't get off here soon, I will not make my deadline. I didn't get to sleep very early last night, so I was extra tired at work today. Ok, no comments about the big and tasty. I'll just say this.....no customer was unsatisfied. (thought you'd like that one Kat)

2cute: Sorry, I wasn't trying to steal Lucky out of your lap, I just wanted to give her a place to lay her head until your lap was available. AND, my granny's rocker may be hard, but not just anybody can sit in it......only my special friends.

I am sooo agrivated. More than anything I want to reply individually to you guys, but if I do, there's no way I'll get in the bed before 12:00. After tomorrow, I will only have one more day and then I'll be off for four days and you guys will be sick to death of me!

I would like to say however that once again.......I ate within my points today and did the WATP---the 2 mile! I am ! I am invincible! Hear me roar!!

I'm out of here for now my sweeties, but I will see you again in the am! to all.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:50 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

New Day Hope all of you are well.
catch all of you later
Thin glad to have you back
Old 01-06-2003, 09:14 AM   #8  

Hello Ladies!

Well back to the work grind again. I got to work at 7:30 and it is 8:12 now and I am ready to leave!! I need some motivation. Things are going good on the weight loss front. I was glad that I didn't gain over the holidays, but I need to get back on track with my 2 lbs a week loss. I would love to be in onderland by March! How is everyone else doing? Keep up the good work you guys!!!

Tonya
244/227/150 OP Since November 1, 2002
Old 01-06-2003, 10:25 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Lightbulb Lightbulb moment...

Good Morning,cybersisters...

It is so pretty outside! We had enough snow last night to cover everything in white, but the roads and side walks are nice and clear, thanks to all the rain we've been having. So pretty! Right now, there are big, fat, fluffy flakes slowly falling...I stood, staring out the kitchen window at it for a few minutes, thinking...thinking...I sat down in my living room, pulled back the curtains and just watched the snow fall. I heard church bells...on a Monday morning??? I just listened and watched and thought...and those thoughts turned to prayer. Now...I'm not the most religious person in the world...but I do believe in God, and I just kind of turned my thoughts to Him...the Serenity Prayer came to mind..."God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." I just kept repeating it over and over as I watched the snow fall...I let my mind wander over what I could change, (my approach to a healthier me), what i couldn't change, (my parents and how they are...long story...the gist of which we haven't spoken since before Christmas, no fight or anything...just nothing...I was waiting for them, I guess they were waiting for me to make the first move...way more background is needed to fill in the blanks...suffice it to say, as much as I say outwardly, "I'm through," it hurts to realize that my parents cannot give me what I need from them.) and then...BOING! it occurred to me...I CANNOT CHANGE THEM. It IS what it is. But i can change my way of looking at the situation. And just like that, I called. I spoke with my mother...about nothing in general. the holidays, what's new, etc. Nothing has changed accept my attitude. I feel like the weight of the world has lifted from my shoulders, and with that, a renewed sense of purpose. I will change the things I CAN!

So...

Now that I got that off my chest, I guess I'll go do something around the house. Thanks for being here...

I'll be back...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-06-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:12 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Kat.... that was such a moving post.
I want to share about it... but I am too sick to right now.

I think I have a kidney infection. I am in a LOT of pain. Can barely walk with the back pain. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon... and for me to go to a doctor is a MAJOR step. I HATE going to the doctor and avoid it at all costs.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know why I am not here.
Be back when I get to feeling a little bit better.

OH WAIT !!! I am still on program.
In fact... I should be drinking cranberry juice... but it contains too much sugar so I am not drinking it either.
I AM NOT eating/drinking sugar !!!!!! I just don't want to take any chances of it setting me off on a binge ... or even a little slip. I want to be sugar free.... and I will do what it takes to remain sugar free.
Okay... now I am out of here.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:05 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy I'm at work......

so no time for a long post, just hopping in to see how everyone is doing.

Michelle: First of all, let me say.....I am SO happy that you've come back to WW......isn't it great? We can do this my friend....I just KNOW we can. I love it when your inspired, because when your inspired.......you are SO inspired and the ideas and recipes and great articles just FLOW from you and you keep me going!!

Kat: That was such a sweet precious moment that you had this morning and I was so touched by it. You have come to the realization I had to come to with my parents a long time.......I can't change them. It doesn't matter what I say or do, they are who they are, and the more I fight against that, the more unhappier I am. I don't have to jump in the middle of their life and suffer too, nor do I have to ignore them. I just have to accept them for who and what they are and live MY life to the best of my ability. You painted such a pretty picture this morning when the snow was falling....I almost felt I was there with you. {{{{hug}}}}

2cute: I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I have fought off kidney and UTI's so I know the pain you are in. Get to the doctor and let him take care of my special friend. I can't have you getting sick on me. By the way, I haven't mentioned it lately, but I am SO proud of you and your determination! You rock sister!

Mary: Good to see you my friend. Hope you have a great day at work.....thank goodness mine is halfway over!

Tonya: Good to see you too! How are you doing?!

thin: Sounds like it's time for you to get busy again. (like you ever slow down) Get past the chocolate breakdown....it's over and it's time to move on. I know you can do this. If I can, you can. Let's do it together.

Baylee: What is it about starting the day out good and then ending up somewhere in the middle of a pizza or chocolate coma going, "What the *&*%$ happened?" Boy do I know about these things...... Just keep your head up and know that we can do this. It is not impossible. I'm not big on journaling either. I have found a way that works for me where I keep track of what I eat, but do not have to write it down. When I lost my first 25 lbs. I invested in the little calculator type points tracker that WW offers and I carry it with me wherever I go and just record my points in it whenever I eat. It calculates points for me, records them and even keeps track of my water and exercise. (I don't use those options alot, however) I would be lost without it. That might be an option for you or alot of us. Just an idea.

steph: It is SO good to see you. Please remember we are always here for you and we miss you. Pop back in when you can.

Well gals.....I'm out of here for now. I got to be on here a little longer than I thought because my co-worker is distracted by something else. (not the one that annoys me) I love the one I'm working with today. She is my best friend as well.

Anyhoo, I will check out you guys later and I hope you all have a wonderful day. Love you all.....

Last edited by QueenB; 01-06-2003 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi before I exercise. Today has been great so far. Raisin Bran for breakfast, tuna w/ diced celery and onion on a whole wheat pita w/ lettuce and some tomato soup. I've also drank 60 oz of water so far. It's amazing how much more alert and energized I am when I eat healthy. Well I'm off to do WATP 3 mile. Check back later.
Steph
P.S. Kat- I love how pretty it is outside too.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon Ladies

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post, my pc has been giving me problems, and I haven't been able to get online.

Thank you gals for all the help with posting my replies, so now I will be doing that when I come back from my errands.

Cindy
Old 01-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #14  

Afternoon gals,

I'm back from a weekend of nothingness, did absolutly nothing, well maybe alittle house work. Stepped on the scale this morning, seems I have lost 1lb since last Thursday, so I must be doing something right, I'm trying to drink my water, and not eat after 7:00pm, Oprah suggested that, she had a very informative show last week with her trainer Bob Greene. He had told her that those growlies that you get at night when you think your hungry, aren't hunger pains, but the feeling you get when your body is dipping into your fat cells. So from now on when I get the rumblies in my tummy at night, I will not eat but enjoy the feeling cause, it means that the fat is being eaten. That was his theory, and I like it so I'll believe him.

So much to read since last Friday, thanks to all those who have offered there suggestions, I may have made my BF sound like a terrible person, but he's really not, he may have a potty mouth, but then so do I at times, he doesn't drink, he doesn't hit me or verbally abuse me. He just doesn't do what I want him to do, what isn't to much to ask.
Actually I'm a very stubborn person, and we had some problems when we first started going out, that I can't seem to drop and forget, he had a drug promblem, ( marijauna sp) but he would spend all his time with his friends, all our extra money on the crap, and was to unmotivated to go out and spend quality time with me and our son. So I spent alot of my time alone, and taking my son to the park, or for walks. So now I kind of resent that he still seems to spend all his time doing what he wants and not paying attention to us.
I was very hurt and angry over his actions, and now I can't let go, I dont know how to be affectionate, or kind, I always have a hash tone with him, and I'm constantly critisizing him, and calling him down, my son even knows that I don't care for him much, cause he always saying things like we don't like dad, he's useless, and a slob, things he's heard me say, and it makes me sad cause I don't know how to change my ways, I guess I'm afraid if I start being nice and affectionate, I'll start loving him, and he may slip back into his old ways, and I'll get hurt again. I really think if I can change the way I talk and speak, then he'll change because he'll want to be around me, and won't hide away in front of the TV or take off fishing or hunting, as well as I think that the reason he doesn't help out around the house is because I'm constantly nick picking at everything he does, and I'm constantly telling him he can never do anything right, So I understand, why would a person try to be helpful if there constantly critizised for the things they do and why would they want to spend time with someone who's not nice and never has a kind word to say. He needs to change, but so do I and maybe like 2Cute said, I should work on my self and make a change their, and then he may follow.

Man, did any of that make sense, I think I should be a therapist, I think I know all the answers, just need to put them in action.
Maybe I'll print this out and let him read it, so he'll know I want to make some changes and will be more patient with me. I have all these thoughts and idea's swirling around in my head, but just don't know how to put them in action, someone please slap me around a bit, I need to get real, and take action.

Well enough about my pitifull life, sounds like your all OP, and ready to kick some butts. I got a gift certificate from my MI for christmas, for Penningtons, big girl clothing store. I have decide that I'm not allowed to use it untill I drop another 20lbs, something to look forward to. Hopefully by Feb 11, my 1yr weight loss anniversary.

Well enough for now this quick post is getting kind of long,
Old 01-06-2003, 05:47 PM   #15  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello One & All.

I am back again and am trying to do better about posting....
New year, new beginning once again.

TOPS meets here in my apartment building on Mondays....But I had been following the WW 123 point program..a little too spendy for me so I am weighing in at TOPS....much less expensive ..whatever works I guess....I am DETERMINED to do better this year...with a little help from my friends!!! I will remain !!!

I am still not divorced...who would have thought it would have taken so long? I swear this has been the most frustrating months of my entire life...Seems like I am either laughing or crying...no inbetweens.....and for an emotional over eater such as myself..that is not good..I have just been such a MESS...I tell you aging and getting divorced is not for the faint hearted!

It has been a wonderful Winter as far as temps go here in the Great North Woods of Minnesota...My cuz in MO has had far more snow than we have had here...Strange I think!

I don't have time just now to respond to individual posts..but will try to do better in the future...

May you all have much success in all your efforts this New Year of 2003.

Pray & WIsh For Peace in these troubles times...
Closed Thread