Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 07:32 PM   #16  

Okay, 2Cute, good thing I have that offer from Tina because you are too sick to rock me!!!!

Kat, I am so happy you called your Mom. You did great helping yourself feel better...now, was it from your "grateful" practice or was it the snow?

Duckie thanks for sharing that "rumblies are when your fat is being eaten....". I like it to and if it get us through - that is what counts.

Syn Glad to see your post. We are always here for you. No snow here in the middle of the state either. I love it because the roads are clear but many others are upset. Post soon....

So far so good on the diet front...working my way towards exercise. We will see what happens on Wed.....one day away....
Old 01-06-2003, 07:46 PM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Hi all
I am so bad I started out the day with a good breakfast then when I finished washing dishes there set some cookies I made yesterday si I poured myself a glass of ski milk and proceeded to eat 2 of them. I went off to work and did real good through the day I had a salad at lench with a WW meal which I only ate part of. I had a small snack mid afternoon. The I got home and I started dinner. there those cookies . So I poured myself a half glass of milk and ate the last 2 cookies
I ate a small helping of buttered rice and 2 peices of garlic toast for dinner. DH the ask if we had any cookies left and I had to tell him I just ate them. I almost cried. Why did I eat them ? Because they were there I guess but they were calling my name and I couldn't resist.

Thats enough of my mouth hope all of you have a great evening catch you tomorrow
Old 01-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Just popping in to say HI!

I am tired and off to bed...hopefully my little guy is all better now! I thought he was last night since he scoffed 3/4 of my popcorn...but this morning he was still ill....no vomitting today just dry heaves and a bout of diarreah! He seems fine right now!

Any ways....I had another good OP day today and drank my water....

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow! I am off for the day!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-07-2003, 08:17 AM   #19  
I'm on my way!

HOLY MACARONI! EVERYONE FELL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!
Old 01-07-2003, 08:49 AM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning all! I am working with "chatty cathy" this morning and it has taken me absolutely forever to read the posts that were made since I posted last, even though there weren't that many. She's telling me all about this book she's reading that I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. Please, give me patience Lord.

Syn: I was so glad to see your post. We sure have missed you around here. You sound really motivated and determined.......now all we've got to do is keep you posting. Seriously though, you post when you can. Just know that we are always here for you and we love you and miss you when your gone.

Duckie: Sounds to me like your headed down that OP road too, my friend. Remember? Aren't we supposed to be in a race together? I don't know what else I can tell you about the BF situation, seems to me you really know what to do.....you just have to do it. Sometimes it's hard to make changes within yourself, because you feel like your backing down. What you really need to ask yourself if you really and truly love him and if you do, sometimes you have to bend in order for him to bend. Trust me.....I know from personal experience.

Mary:
Quote:
I am so bad
Those were the first four words in the start of your last post. Hear me now, my fellow southerner......... YOU ARE NOT BAD. You are human. We all are and it happens. I know it's hard because most all of us live with others who eat what they want to and are not watching their weight, so there are things around to temp us. If you know there is something in the house that will temp you.....do what I do. Tell your dh to hide it. Keep your head up sweetie and know that you didn't do anything wrong, your just agrivated with yourself because you gave up control.......but isn't that why we're all here?

Lucky: I've got an idea......why don't we hop down out of the rocking chair and walk into my living room and we can do the WATP video together? I know it's hard at first to get that exercise routine in place, but I promise,
after you get started.........you will actually like it.

Cindy! Soo good to see you. I thought we had lost you! I have been where you are with the old pc......I was offline for awhile and it drove me nuts. Looking forward to seeing you post more often if it's fixed now.

Well, I guess since I'm caught up pretty much, I will head on out of here. With my lovely co-worker running that mouth this morning, it's taken me forever to get this post typed anyways. I am happy to report I'm still OP and drinking lots and lots of water. Since January 1st, my official restart day, I am happy to report I have drunk 496 ounces of water!!!
And you know what......it's not that bad! Give it a try! I have also exercised 4 out of the last 6 days. I won't be able to go to WI (not Wisconsin) tonight unfortunately, but I will be going next Tuesday......hopefully all this work I've been doing and will continue to do, will minimize the damage I did over the holidays.
I hope all my special friends have a wonderful day.......see you tonight!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well, yesterday was a great day. I stayed op, drank 100 oz of water and exercised. However, I did something to my knee. It was killing me last night, so I put the heating pad on it for a while. That seemed to help. It's ok right now. I'll see what happens when I do my WATP video. I have the 2 mile planned for today. Michelle-sorry to hear that the little one is sick. I think it's going around because my daughter has been sick the past couple of days. She's starting to get better though. Well speaking of my daughter, I better go see if she's awake yet. Be back later.
Steph
Old 01-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #22  
a work in progress...

Default I'm here! I'm here!

I had a great, totally OP day yesterday. I even went to the gym! Did some walking on the treadmil and the upper body machines and took a 90 minute Yoga class. This morning, I'm going to take a Step class. I had a smoothie for breakfast: 1 frozen banana, 1/2 c frozen blueberries, 6oz yogurt, 6 oz 1% milk. all whirled together for a very filling 6 point breakfast.

I was watching Dr Phil yesterday, his show was about New Years Resolutions. Of course, there was the girl who has always resolved to lose weight and somehow (shock!) never has... hmmm...sounds familiar. There was also a smoker, a procrastinator, a shopper...but the principles for success were all basically the same.

Dr Phil says to "Set a goal that you can control." Meaning, don't say "I am going to lose X amt of weight by a certain date" because you cannot control that number, so it sets you up for disappointment if that specific number is not attained. What you CAN control is the behaviors that will facilitate the change that you want to make: how many times a week you are going to exercise, what kinds of food you will eat, etc.

Another issue he discussed was about creating an environment that will help to you reach your goal: get the junk food out of the house...(The kids don't need it either!)
Identify specific behaviors that you need to change: "no snacking after dinner," "no eating in front of the TV"...and then STICK TO THEM! Change your lifestyle, one day at a time. Small steps.

I could go on and on...(I took notes, geek that I am!) He just says stuff, that we already know, and makes it seem so..."Oh yeah! I can do that!"

Oops gotta run...gym is calling...back later
Old 01-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow I'm here too...

I am here... but still not feeling well. I definitely have a kidney infection. I had to see a different doctor... a man... but I really liked him. He did not comment about my weight and he even touched me. LOL
The last male doctor I saw would not touch me. That humiliated me soo much. But this doctor was just the opposite. He was very caring and helped me onto the table. He was calm and caring. What a difference. Anyway... I am here... I am ON PROGRAM ... but I just don't feel much like being chatty. My back still hurts when I move... but not just sitting still anymore. And I have to move to go to the bathroom all the time. I am suppose to go to the eye doctor today but I think I am going to cancel. I just don't feel up to it.

I am not going to visit any longer today... but I did want to say I am happy you came back Duckie. I was getting worried about you. I sent you a PM and never heard back so I was afraid you chose you leave us. I am happy I was wrong.

And Syn... it is good to see you again too. This weather is crazy.. it is going to be in the 60's in the north today and a freeze warning for Florida. Weird.
And oh how true a statement... getting old is not for the weak. Add a bad marriage or divorce... and it can be overwhelming some days. BUT... You CAN overcome it all. Hang in there.

OH MY !!!!! I just sneezed !!!
I thought my back would send me through the roof!!!
Okay.. I am headed for the pain pills now. LOL See you all later.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-07-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:24 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Default I'm back...

Revelation...

I got to the gym too late for the class. Actually, now that I think of it, I probably got there just as they were setting up, but my "all or nothing" attitude almost got the bettter of me. I figured that since I missed the class, I may as well just go home... and actually did not get out of the car for at least 15 minutes! Finally, I thought, well...I'm here... get your butt in there and MOVE IT! Dr Phil was in my head, saying, "You have to just get through the narrow impulse moments that can lead you astray."

What on earth can I possibly accomplish if I continue to listen to the chubby little devil on my shoulder...time to flick her off and start listening to the lean, sleek, healthy angel on the other shoulder! It all comes down to choices. I can choose to eat right and exercise, or I can choose to remain fat and unhealthy. This time around, I'm choosing my health!
Old 01-07-2003, 01:02 PM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon everyone!!

Kat I have to say that reading that past post of yours inspired me...it was such a peaceful atmosphere! And you are right...you can't change people...you can only change yourself! So with that thought I am setting out to change my outlook on life...my relationship and myself!! I am starting with myself...cause once I fix that then the other things will fall into place! I have to be happy with myself first!!

Syn glad to see you posting again....it sure helps to have the support of all these wonderful ladies!!

Tina...miss chatty huh? Don't you just love working with people that just won't leave you alone for 2 minutes?? I have a recipe for the white chocolate hazlenut cream pie I am going to try. I just am having a hard time finding the reduced fat graham cracker crust. I looked at 2 stores and neither had them. I'll let you know how it comes out. I bought the rest of the stuff to make it. Its only 4 pts for 1/8 of the pie. So...veggie soup for 0 points and a hunk of pie for 4 points would work for me!!!Maybe even 2 hunks of pie!! LOL

2Cute...I hope you are feeling better soon! Andrew and John were sick with that stomach virus. They are both fine right now so hopefully I wont' get it now!! I hate being sick...I don't have time to get sick!

Step...your daughter sleeps till 9 am?? Oh I could only dream about that. My little guy is up by 6 am usually...the past few days he didn't get up till just before 8 because he was so wiped out! How old is your daughter?

Mary...count your cookies and move forward! We are allowed to eat cookies if we choose. I personally wouldn't give up my points for them because I'm not a cookie person...but put that pie in front of me and I would go to town. I would be willing to sacrifice the points!

Lucky I haven't started the exercise thing yet! I really need to though! I know it helps the loss go quicker! I was walking 3 miles 6 or 7 days a week regardless of the weather when I lost the first time! It came off so much quicker! I had a week where I couldnt go out because of work and the loss that week was much smaller!! So lets get our rears in gear! YOU FIRST! LOL

Duckie...just take care of you first...I have a problem with John sitting in front of the TV non stop too! In fact...thats exactly where he is right now...If I ask him to help me he is more than willing but I don't want to have to ask all the time. So...my plan right now is to set up a chore schedule for both of us...I told him since I am working full time again I need his help on a regular basis...to start with he is having to be responsible for dishes 3 days a week...I am going to ease him in gently...so that it eventually becomes routine for him...Yeah..ha ha !! Like that will ever happen...guys just don't have the same thought process that women do!

Cindy glad to see you back. Don't you HATE computers when they don't cooperate with us??? I use to get so upset at mine then John bought me a new one for christmas last year!!

Tonya...you can do it...I was so close to onderland before I got pregnant...but I know I can get there again...like Sara says...You will wish you started this time last year or something like that....

Thin can you send me the points calculator? I did sign up for the 3 month trial period to try it out. My email is [email protected] Not sure if it will be worth keeping after that. I will see how faithful I am to it!!

Baylee journaling tends to keep us honest about what we put in our mouth. Once you see it on paper it becomes a reality!! I know it worked for me, that and going to meetings.....that was my night out each week. I plan to go to each meeting on Thursday nights and stay...it tends to motivate me! Plus I meet new people who are going through the same thing!!

OK I hope I didn't forget anyone! I really need to take a half hour and do the dishes and pick up the toys and then hit the books. I have one assignment in my english to catch up on then my whole business law course to catch up on! I'm not even going to talk about the accounting class...I think I am going to pay the $125 for the extension!! It will give me 4 more months to catch up on that!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-07-2003, 01:35 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Boy, when I said I was back to work yesterday I wasn't just kidding. I had insomnia the night before so by the time I sat down on the couch at 7:30 at night it took me all of 30 seconds to fall asleep! Then I actually went to bed at 11:00 and didn't get out of bed until 9:00 this morning. I think I'm all caught up now!

My food still isn't back together. I did journal yesterday, however, even though I didn't stay within my points range. I figure one thing at a time and not journalling by far is my worst habit. Well, I suppose eating, in general, is my WORST habit, but you know what I mean.

I got a call that I'll be a 'showgirl' again this weekend. This time for the movie Just Married. I don't know if any of you have seen the preview, but it is going to be soooooo funny. It stars Brittany Murphy. She was Eminem's girlfriend in the movie 8 Mile.

Tina: "no customer was unsatisfied." You are a hoot! I'm glad everything got off well!

Mary: Thanks for the nice welcome back. * I know the feeling about the cookies. DS made chocolate chip cookies yesterday while I was out working and then DH brought home a loaf of pumpkin bread from a co-worker. I'm sorry to say that all of it was delicious.

Tonya: It's really outstanding that you lost over the holidays. Glad that you are still on track.

Katrina: What a nice story about the snowfall. I think sometimes what happens, with me at least, is that I don't give myself enough time to ponder, think, plan, plot, etc. I go about my daily business, most of the time too rushed for anything else, and never stop to really think about formulating a game plan. I'm glad you sat and had that moment for yourself. I'm sure it will make a big difference in your weightloss journey. * I'm also glad you took a moment to call your mom. We do soooo need to change ourselves and not rely on everyone else to change. That was really good advice from 2cute. * I'm glad you had those moments with Dr. Phil. It sounds like he made a real impression on you.

2cute: Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your painful kidney infection. Those are nothing to mess with. I'm glad you were going to the doctor. Also, three cheers for you still being OP!

Steph: I'm glad you are back on track. That's wonderful.

Cindy: Computer problems are the pitts! I feel so disconnected when my computer is down. Of course I never felt that way so much as now that I have all of you cyberbuddies!

Duckie: Yes, my dear, you did make alot of sense. And I think your idea to print out your post (or copy/paste it into a letter format) to your fiance is a good idea. When DH doesn't seem to have a handle on how miserable I am, I write it out in a letter format. That way I can tweek the words just the way I want them before giving it to him. Sometimes when I'm yelling (he never yells, doesn't believe in it) I say things that I don't really want to say. The letter makes it easier. * And I love the thing about my 'fat being eaten'. That was great!!!

Syn: It good to see you found your way 'home'.

Lucky: Glad to hear you're doing well. "working my way towards exercise", now that's a great way to put it. I've been 'working' on that for a very long time!

Michelle: Glad the flu has left you. * Good job staying OP. You crack me up: 4 points for pie with 0 point soup. That's a girl with MY priorities! * Calculator is on it's way.

I was going to make fish for dinner yesterday, but opted for KFC instead. I guess I'll do the fish tonight. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-07-2003 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Michelle- my daughter is 2. Both my kids have always been sleepers. I'm very lucky, I know. However, it can be a pain getting them up in the morning when my son has to go to school. Today has been op so far. I'm working on my 3rd bottle of water right now. I still have to exercise, which I plan on doing after I get off the computer. See you later.
Steph
Old 01-07-2003, 02:08 PM   #28  

Angry Hey Chicksters!

2Cute: Man! That kidney infection seems really uncomfortable! Sending you lots of positive healing vibes! I'm happy that you had such a caring doctor this time though... one person can make SUCH a difference in your life without even knowing it!

Thin: Yeesh. It's SO hard to resist sweet temptations when they are smack dab in front of you! I KNOW that I would have given in SO MANY times if I'd been tempted by the treats sitting right there in front of me. (Reminds me of xmas when I was a SO NUTS OUTTA-MY-MIND with temptation!) I think I'm lucky that I only live with my hubby and, at this point, he KNOWS not to bring sweets into the house!

Kat: I agree with Thin; that story about the snowfall was so beautiful and serene. I know your parents have always been a source of anxiety for you and it sounds like you got a lot of peace from your realizations. I'm happy for you!

Congratulations to all you journal-ers and OP-ers out there! Doesn't it feel amazing to finally be DOING it?! Tomorrow is WI Wednesday. I'm excited because I know I'm down a couple of pounds since last week, nothing drastic, but at this point, I don't think I'll have any more of those weeks where 5 pounds just drop off! My original goal of 120 pounds lost will definitely be met within the next couple of weeks THEN I'm gonna go 5 pounds further to guarentee I'll never weigh over 150 again! (unless there's a little one in my tummy some time in the future!)

Sara
Old 01-07-2003, 03:25 PM   #29  

I passed on the donuts that were tempting me in the lunch room, and settled for a fat free pudding. A big yahoo for me. Now I need to go get another bottle of water.
Just a quick note.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

We were getting kind of long, so I thought before I wrote any more, I would start a new thread. Soooooo

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#264"

See you there!
Closed Thread