Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default No weightloss for 2 months!?

No weightloss for 2 months!?
I am 5'5" 130 lbs (was 233 lbs over a year ago) i lost the weight by counting calories, i started at 1200 calories but i heard that was bad so i raised up to 1500 when i first plateaued, and i lost a lot of weight. then i plateaued again and raised to 1600 calories, but its been 2 months and NO weight loss at all.

lately, i got sick of counting when im not getting results so i just decided not to count calories and i would guess i eat around 1600-1800 calories per day. im trying to give my body/mind a break from obsessing, you know? im still eating the same as i was before though. i exercise 1 hour, 6 days or the week doing a mixture of weights/cardio. i try to switch things up, one week i'll do workouts like bob harper (cardio/weights) and body attack (running type workouts), then one week i will do fighting type workouts like body combat (lots of punching and kicking.) i also walk for 40 minutes 6 days a week (to accompany my disabled mother). i want to get to 120 lbs to lose this stubborn belly fat, but i cant seem to get the scale to budge from 130 lbs. what can i do? im trying to eat fruits, veggies, chicken, and fish. when i eat bread i eat whole wheat. Am i eating to many calories now?
Thismomentisfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #2  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Are you dead set on losing more weight? 5'5" and 130lbs is a BMI of 21.6. That's well into the healthy range. If you want to lose belly rat, maybe you should concentrate on building muscle mass? Have you been keeping track of your waist measurement? It's hard to be objective about things your so self conscious about.
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #3  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Sounds like your doing GREAT! Your right not to obsess. I just recently did the same thing. One thing you should know (been there done this before...) The last 5-10 lbs can take almost as long as the first 50-100 lost! Be patient....congratulate yourself on your accomplishment and your RESOLVE to continue being a healthier you for the rest of your life!

I gauge my success/progress by how my clothes fit. Do your clothes still fit the same? Loser maybe? Tighter? This is really where its at. Much success and enjoy the hot summer air, cool brisk mornings and bounty of delishous summer fruits and veggies hitting the market!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtingJulia View Post
Are you dead set on losing more weight? 5'5" and 130lbs is a BMI of 21.6. That's well into the healthy range. If you want to lose belly rat, maybe you should concentrate on building muscle mass? Have you been keeping track of your waist measurement? It's hard to be objective about things your so self conscious about.
yes i want to continue, i have a medium frame, so i have extra fat distributed all over my body. my weight sounds small but my belly is still big (but much smaller than before) i know im healthy and i feel so much better, but i dont want to stop now, there are lots of women my height that can stay at 120 lbs, and some who are even lower and are still healthy. not that i want to go that low! if im not happy at 120 lbs im just staying there! these last 10 lbs have been very annoying. lol
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Sounds like your doing GREAT! Your right not to obsess. I just recently did the same thing. One thing you should know (been there done this before...) The last 5-10 lbs can take almost as long as the first 50-100 lost! Be patient....congratulate yourself on your accomplishment and your RESOLVE to continue being a healthier you for the rest of your life!

I gauge my success/progress by how my clothes fit. Do your clothes still fit the same? Loser maybe? Tighter? This is really where its at. Much success and enjoy the hot summer air, cool brisk mornings and bounty of delishous summer fruits and veggies hitting the market!
my clothes are fitting better, and my body does look smaller, but i guess it bugs me to STILL have a stomach that sticks out so much, you know? i cant believe it takes so long to lose the last 10 lbs, im glad to know im not the only one! its discouraging cause my sister in law (who can eat anything and still be a twig) gave birth in december and her stomach looks flatter than mine! i know i gotta be patient, and the weight i lost is greater than hers, but its hard sometimes, you know? thank you for your kind words though i appreciate it!