Should I be worried?

• I know that a healthy goal is around a 1-2 lb loss a week, but I've lost almost 8lbs since Sunday. Honestly, I don't think I've made that many changes. I gave up soda and tea so all my calories are from food. I think I was eating about 3000 calories a day before, not sure, but I've but it down to about 1600 a day. Not on purpose, but by eating healthier things that's where I'm gravitating. I feel satisfied with this much but is that too low too soon? Sorry I'm on my phone so I hope this makes sense.
  • The first week is usually a big loss because of water weight. And the more you weigh the faster you lose in the beginning. So no I wouldn't be worried. It'll slow down eventually and average out to a few lbs a week.
  • The first while on a new diet plan, you might see a lot of weight loss. It evens out later. My first month I lost 17 pounds.
  • I agree with beerab. Just enjoy this while it lasts....a lot of it is water weight. I don't think it's too few calories as long as you're feeling good.
  • Well that's good to hear. I just hope the loss wasn't all water.
  • Quote: Well that's good to hear. I just hope the loss wasn't all water.
    I'm sure some of it wasn't. And even if most of it was, it doesn't mean that it'll come back. Your body is making adjustments it needed to make.