Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

morning everyone!

good news, my 233 stuck! still 233 today. breathing a sigh of relief this morning. i ordered some clothing from old navy, im abroad and clothes are too small here for me, and too expensive when they fit. so my mom shipped me a whole package full of clothes (tops, dresses, tanks, bras) and nothing fit, everything was too big. i recently quit breastfeeding too and i guess my boobies shrunk bc i was swimming in them shame bc i have to send it all back, and try again. funny though, is old navy getting bigger? i have XL tops from there that fit me great. but all the xl tops i ordered dont fit...weird...
anyway, hopefully soon i will fit into my smaller clothes, and i wont need to buy anything
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #137  

Lost my post, grrrr. In a nutshell, yesterday was hectic, probably didn't eat enough, but my scale blessed me with a 2.8# whoosh down to 188.2 . My goal this weekend will be to stay the course and try to stay firmly planted in the 180's. No scheduled events today and it is my day off from working out, so I hope to be able to catch up on personals today! Hope everyone has a great day!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #138  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Lost my post, grrrr. In a nutshell, yesterday was hectic, probably didn't eat enough, but my scale blessed me with a 2.8# whoosh down to 188.2 . My goal this weekend will be to stay the course and try to stay firmly planted in the 180's. No scheduled events today and it is my day off from working out, so I hope to be able to catch up on personals today! Hope everyone has a great day!
Woohoo! Looks like you ovulated too! Though, that's QUITE the whoosh!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

It stuck...It stuck...It stuck...It stuck... i am still a bit speechless about the plateau and the blip up and then the whoosh but I have seen 170 two days in a row! Please everyone... when you start to feel discouraged please stick to your eating plans and exercise plans. It is so very hard, I know... but it pays off in the end!

Aggie- I was surprised when you said you ordered Old navy. I quit trying to buy anything there years ago b/c I thought it ran too small. Perhaps that has changed. I'll have to give it a shot!

Diana: I love it when our husbands want to defend our honor!

iamerican: We are happy to have you. I love to come here for support and companionship and a diversion from the pantry!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #140  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
It stuck...It stuck...It stuck...It stuck... i am still a bit speechless about the plateau and the blip up and then the whoosh but I have seen 170 two days in a row!
yay!!! Your enthusiasm is catching!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Wednesday: 05/25
Breakfast: 1 small banana, 1 sausage link
Snack: 1/4 cup Trail Mix
Lunch: Cup meat Spagetti sauce (left overs)
Dinner: 1 Serving Broccoli Casserole
Snack: Popsicle
Total Calories: 1038
Water: 100 ounces
Excercise: 0

Yesterday I kept up my water intake. Busy day with taking my daughter to the ER for a sprained wrist. So glad that was the only issue. I'm still at a crossroads about excercise and calorie intake. I've been doing p90x and it seems like I'm loosing inches and gaining muscle with minimal weightloss. This is probably mostly due to me not eating enough calories but I'm seriously not hungry. I try to snack and eat more but I can't seem to get it down if I'm not hungry.

I don't know if I should scale the videos only to 3 times a week with only the cardio type work outs of P90x and continue with my diet plan or just cut the excercise out until I'm closer to my goal weight then pick the excercise back up.

If you guys could offer thoughts I would surely appreciate it.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #142  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelJ View Post
I'm still at a crossroads about excercise and calorie intake. I've been doing p90x and it seems like I'm loosing inches and gaining muscle with minimal weightloss. This is probably mostly due to me not eating enough calories but I'm seriously not hungry. I try to snack and eat more but I can't seem to get it down if I'm not hungry.

I don't know if I should scale the videos only to 3 times a week with only the cardio type work outs of P90x and continue with my diet plan or just cut the excercise out until I'm closer to my goal weight then pick the excercise back up.

If you guys could offer thoughts I would surely appreciate it.
I'm not trying to sound mean, but is your goal to be thin? or to be healthy? My hope is that it's to be healthy which means fit and leaner (less weight). Cutting out exercise seems counter-intuitive. If you exercise, you are building muscle which ups your metabolism, but more, it does burn extra calories for you and it's making your body happy - especially your heart, your brain and your bones. All things we all should be thinking about.

I looked it up and there is a specific schedule for doing p90x. http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/ Why not follow it and see what happens?

My guess is that you are either misjudging your calories or are just in a temporary stall which happens to all of us. Just keep doing the exercise and watching the caloric intake and the weight will come off AND you will get more fit and heart happy.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I'm not trying to sound mean, but is your goal to be thin? or to be healthy? My hope is that it's to be healthy which means fit and leaner (less weight). Cutting out exercise seems counter-intuitive. If you exercise, you are building muscle which ups your metabolism, but more, it does burn extra calories for you and it's making your body happy - especially your heart, your brain and your bones. All things we all should be thinking about.

I looked it up and there is a specific schedule for doing p90x. http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.org/ Why not follow it and see what happens?

My guess is that you are either misjudging your calories or are just in a temporary stall which happens to all of us. Just keep doing the exercise and watching the caloric intake and the weight will come off AND you will get more fit and heart happy.

Berry: You make some valid points. Thanks so much for this. I want to be healthy. I guess thought that I'd loose faster with everything I'm doing. I had/have this idea in my head that I would be much smaller by 6/25 for my BFF's wedding. I'm thinking too much.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #144  

I'll jump in here too. 6/25 is four weeks away. Think about what 4 weeks of p90x will do for your figure, even if the scale doesn't reflect it, no one at that wedding will see the number on your scale, just your emerging figure! Keep exercising, eat a little more, even if you have to get the other calories from calorie dense foods like nuts, peanut butter, more meat, etc. That way, you won't have something super filling, but you will be fueling you body for your workouts. If your body thinks it is not getting enough fuel for your workouts, it will hold on to it's fat reserves. Keep eating right, keep exercising, it will happen!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Woohoo! Looks like you ovulated too! Though, that's QUITE the whoosh!
I know, it makes me a little leary. . .I never have downward fluctuations that big, hmmmmm. But it's okay if I am up a little tomorrow, I'm heading in the right direction!
Your potluck sounds fun, what are you making for it? I have a track banquet June 1st that will be a dessert potluck!!!! How healthy is that? I won't be eating anything there, that is for sure! I am going to try a new recipe for chocolate chip cheese ball. Looks like regular cheese ball, but it is sweet and you use graham cracker sticks to dip. Not sure if that would be good for a potluck though, what do you think?. If not that, then maybe chocolate dipped pretzels. I really despise making desserts. Everyone else loves it, I would rather make something savory.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #146  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Day 3 of detox for me--I should have done this weeks ago!
I almost crashed last night and binged on a popsicle, but I didn't.
Wishing today were Friday, so I could celebrate.
Turns out where we WERE going canoeing, 2 cities are dumping their overflowing sewage into the river! I had to cancel the entire trip last night at 11pm--bummer!
I seriously just want to see some
I am so terribly sick of all the rain. I know rain is a good thing, but too much of anything turns it sour!

Anyway, going to try to stay OP today. If I can force breakfast, since I am not too hungry so that I am not starving later—that will be a good thing!

Have a great OP day everyone
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #147  

Rachel: PLease take Berry and Jo's advice. Exercise is an integral part of the weightloss journey and also if you have started the habit you should continue. It is so good for you in so many ways!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, time for my catch up:

Larry - Try snacking on unsalted nuts and dried fruit? Nuts have quite a few (good) calories but zero sodium. Pretty much all fruit is the same too as far as I know.

Berry - you must have a huuuge lawn! What a great way to workout outdoors, I'm envious of your green space! Did you say you've got bad weather though? Sorry I can't remember who lives where, you have such a big country!

Andejean good luck with the ENT appointment (and the wait for it!) and have a GREAT time at the ELC with the kids

K9owner Hours in the sun with no sun screen? That worries me girl. Not sure what the health service is like over in the States but here they're crazy mad about sunscreen. I adore the sun too, and don't burn easily, but always make sure to have sunscreen if I'm going to be out in it for a while. You get ALL the vit D and NONE of those harmful rays. But WELL DONE on the detox, glad you're feeling great!

iamerican so glad you love this thread - I do too and I'm pretty new here. Good for you not letting the bagels throw you off course, I find that it the hardest thing when I've made a mistake to get back on track straight away. Definitely find the motivation to add exercise to your routine. It makes you feel so good! Let us know how you get on

jenfett Reading your post made me so happy, I'm SO pleased for you! Keep going girl you're doing amazingly!

Diana3271 So sorry to hear about your bad experience with restaurants - that manager sounds like such an idiot! Seems like your husband should have given him a telling off! Most places here in the UK are really good with allergies, I hope you find somewhere that treats you like you deserve! I also think you should get the dress, if it makes you happy then you should have it!

Aggie and Stacy Woooo for the loss sticking! So pleased for you

Jo great news on the whoosh, good luck for the weekend.

Rachael I couldn't put what Berry and Josay any better, but totally agree with their wise words!

Well I weighed myself last night, and I was up 2lb from the morning like i'd expected, but weighed again this morning and I was down 3lb! I know my weight can fluctuate massively during the day so trying to get round to thinking about it logically and learning how my body works more.

Another company in the building had a charity bake sale today, NOOOOO!! It's for charity, it's practically law to buy cakes. I bought 3 tiny little ones, which I've worked out are about 375 calories total, so I'm going to try and workout extra hard tomorrow morning to burn them off! I'm only going to let this be a little slip not a catalyst to binge for the weekend.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #149  

K9: So is your whole trip cancelled?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #150  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
K9: So is your whole trip cancelled?
Yep, and trying to find a hotel, cabin, condo--anything really today is probably NOT going to happen, since it's Memorial Day weekend!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote