Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 01:03 AM   #16  

Angry Sweet Chickapeas!

Ahh! Thanks Lucky! Being an inspiration is an inspiration to me... if ya know what I mean! I know I've been AWOL for the last couple of weeks; first I was away and hubby's been on vacation this week so the computer and I haven't had all the quality time that we're used too!

Steph: Here's a VERY belated B-day greeting: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Cyber-cake... the only kind I'd give to any of my chickies on 3FC!

Duckie: I'm so sorry to hear about all the difficulties you're having with your BF. It must be hard, especially taking your son into account. Although it seems like a very simpleton thing to say, I say -- Follow your heart... you are the best judge of what will make you happy!

On the diet front... I've totally been outta control for the last few days! Chips, donuts, fried food, chocolate... NAH! I'm just kidding. I was just seeing if you were paying attention! All is well.

ANYWAYS... do you know what's incredible?! I think I'm like a size 9 or so now BUT the other day, I tried on very thin friend's new pants, size 7/8 and they fit! Crazy huh? Down from a size 22 at the beginning of last year! I'm definitely NOT that small up top though. My upper body has always been heavier than my lower body. (I'm actually having issues with loose skin on my stomach making me LOOK heavier than I am. I'm HOPING it tightens up a bit over the upcoming months.) Bleeh! Too much information?

Okay. Hubby's hailing (again!). See ya'll in a bit!

Sara
270/155/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 01-05-2003 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:20 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Hey Tina.... get your lap off of my Lucky. !!!!!!!
Are you trying to steal my spot ????? Just kidding. LD
Just because I didn't get here fast enough???
I think we can all use all the love we can get. I know I sure can.

I am glad you like the Talipia. I usually NEVER eat fish because it is too fishy. LOL. but that Talipia is pretty darn good.
I will have to check my receipt... my daughter bought it and she "thought" it was only $1.99 because it was so cheap. She may have been mistaken. But even at $3.63 it is still a decent price for 4 fillets.

Lucky.... It is okay... you don't have to sit in that HARD OLE ROCKER.... my soft cozy lap is here waiting for you.
This short, fat, grey haired grandma will hum you to sleep. Trust me... you don't want me singing. LOL My fat soft cushiony body is a whole lot more comfortable than having to share with Tina.

Sara... we sure do miss you. You almost had me scared there for a minute with eating all that junk food. LOL Don't scare an OLD LADY like that. LOL

Kat you were sooo productive today. I got all of my Xmas stuff put out into the garage today. BUT,, I have a ton of it I want to go through and get rid of that I did not put out. That WAS my plan for Sunday afternoon. But now I am babysitting.... so who knows how long it will be. My son and his family have been out of town for the last week and they are ready for a break from the kids. LOL. A family of 5 on vacation together for 7 days can get a little nerve wacking. The baby is walking all the time now and I have not seen that yet. She took her first steps to ME. But those were few and far between. Now is a go getter.

Baylee... I have never eaten turkey and sourkraut together before. I am going to have to try that. Any other spices you recommend too??? Sounds.... interesting. LOL
Was it you that said you had some skin condition? The lady I used to swim with had Psorias or something like that and sitting under a tanning light really helped her A LOT. Cleared up her skin condition and got tan at the same time. It was some new kind of bulb in the tanner.

Mary.. did you find some good buys on your doors?? Our poor house is falling apart. Just getting old and we are getting too old to do it yourself any more. WELL... we have actually gotten too fat and out of shape to do it yourself.

Michelle... I am still controlling my food instead of it controlling me.
It was hard this morning. DH wanted homemade biscuits and gravey. I LOVE hot bread with melted butter .... but I resisted.
In fact.. I did not even taste test anything to see if it was okay.

Steph... that is cool that your anniversary is the same date as my belly button birthday. I am TERRIBLE at remembering things like that.

Okay I have got to get to bed. It is almost 2:30am
Just want to share...
I am still on program !!!!!
I hope once my kids get back to school I can get committed to exercise and fitday.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:33 AM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!

Sara...don't scare me like that! I was going to yell at you! I lost 97 and gained most of it back when I was pregnant....DON"T DO IT! All that junk food is not worth gaining it back!!! You can still have that stuff...just in moderation!!

Tina...we missed you too! It was fun chatting...and something about a Big N Tasty was mentioned! But you really gotta ask Kat if she shaved last night!!

2Cute...I love the tilapia fish too. Its very mild! I cooked my fish with seasoning on the little george forman grill...it was delicious!! Fish is good for you and SOOO LOOOOW in points!

Lucky did you sleep with your THONG last night?

Well Ladies....my mission today is to go see if that health store is open that has the low carb rolls and muffins. I want to check them out and see if they are palatable! And then...since my little guy seems to be ok I think we will take him to Chuck E. Cheese!! Fun fun! His dad has as much if not more fun than he does there!

I'll catch up to you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-05-2003, 07:45 AM   #19  
I'm on my way!

Just me again...I forgot to ask you all...I was considering joining Weight Watchers eTools online...has anyone used this yet? Any comments good or bad would be appreciated!

Thanks...
Old 01-05-2003, 08:45 AM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

QueenB we were on the myfamily site I was late getting there.

I got a metal door and 2 storm doors they are installing them today.

As I said in chat DH got me a new printer it is wonderful. prints up to 13X19 paper.

Work is going along no boycotters yet

I'll have to check out that fish I saw some at the Sam's Club yesterday.

Have to go shopping for food today catch you all later.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:03 AM   #21  

Sara, All I could think was "I CAN'T believe Sara would do this"... AND I was right.....I suupose it's okay you spent some time with your hubby, but we missed you. Tell him it will be like when you have kids...he has to share!

Tina, thank you for your rocker offer...I need all the help I can get. We were at Chatterboxes....until at least 7:30 CST so 8:30 yours. How was the big n' tasty ????? Did you get any sleep? I wish we had a Wal-Mart Superstore...we don't get Tilapia. Hmmm they did put in a freezer section to test market for a Superstore....maybe just maybe?????? I will have to look. I love fish.

Michelle do you do low carb, WW or a combination of the two?

2Cute You are so sweet...you can sing to me anytime. CONGRATULATIONS for staying on program.

I am feeling contimplative today...I will be checking in later so lets see some participation....it seems there are a few missing.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:28 AM   #22  
a work in progress...

Default drive by post...

Just a quickie here...

Glad to see you pop in Sara. we were wondering about you!
Michelle, i subscribe to WW etools online, but only because i decided that i was not going to go to meetings. I like it, when I use it! There are meal plans, recipes, points calculator, but the journal is my favorite...you can keep track of food/exercise/banked points, etc...Like I said, it's great, IF YOU USE IT!

Lucky...no need to shave, we both fell asleep on the couch! So much for the wild, kid-free Saturday night! Please contact TINA for any Big n Tasty stories!

2cute...that was me with the funky skin! I have been told it's eczema, it's psoriasis, it's an allergy... by a dermatologist! It flares up at times...stress definitely exacerbates it...I really think that bad nutrition does too. It is improving...I have been drinking LOTS of water, taking my vitamins and eating much better than I was at Christmas! Maybe I'm allergic to chocolate!
Nah...if that was the case, I'd be dead!
I think I'm going to try the tanning bed! A little ultraviolet therapy couldn't hurt.

Well...I'm off to do some flinging! Those of you who know FlyLady know what I'm talking about. Time to dispose of some of the extra clutter that clogs up the home...a little bit at a time! Check out www.flylady.net if you haven't yet. So many of her principles can be applied to this weight loss process also. (babysteps; progress, not perfection; finally loving yourself) I love her!

but not as much as I love all of YOU!

Have a great day!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-05-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:49 PM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Thanks for the input Kat...I did just sign up for it and I am going to try and use it daily. I was browsing the recipes and some look so yummy! If anyone wants a recipe for anything special let me know...I will look it up!!

Lucky...I am doing WW but have heard of others having success with low carbs so I am trying to combine the two...however, I seem to need some carbs at each meal to make me feel satisfied! So I figured I would check out those low carb rolls and muffins which I will do as soon as I get my rear off of here!

My little guy is sick still this morning...he had a whole cup of milk then a half hour later he let loose all over the couch...can you say...P U !!! Good thing I had the upholstrey cleaner!!

I discovered this deli roast beef that is to die for...its Black Bear Eye Round beef....its only 2 points for 2 oz and it is so tender! I just made a sandwich for 5 points that filled me up! 2 oz was quite a bit of meat!! I like the Black Bear products cause they don't have the msg and stuff in them. They sell it at shop rite here in PA...don't know if you all have them near you. I also found Orville Redenbacher mini bags of microwave popcorn. Its 2 points per bag...you don't have to measure it out and try to figure the points by those stupid boxes that give you popped or unpopped info!

Ok I'm outta here for now!! But be sure I will be back to see who came out to post...so get your hiney out here now...I need the motivation from you all to stay on track! I have some catching up to do with my friend Sara!!!

TTFN MIchelle
Old 01-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

I'm baaaack...where are you all???

They didn't have the muffins and rolls in today but I did discover a brownie that will make you so full and feel sick to your stomach as if you ate a whole chocolate cake! Its a FF brownie and its about 4 inches long by 2 inces wide and 1 1/2 inches high. It is kinda dry but a glass of skim milk washes it down just fine!

Ok since no one is around I'm gonna go take a nap or something!
Old 01-05-2003, 02:55 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Thanks, Michelle...you forced me to go to the WW site and read, read, read...I entered my foods for today and got some ideas for meals this week. I'm feeling IN CONTROL! A good thing...

Where IS everyone?

Hey Thin!!! I need some movie reviews...did you see "Catch Me If You Can?" I think we're going to see that tonight.

see you later...
Old 01-05-2003, 04:11 PM   #26  

Angry Just Chickin' In!

Yeesh. I just got back from the gym. I have been sick since about the first of December and I'm getting very annoyed about it! Coughing and a cold... consistent, with no break, for the last 5 weeks. I was feverish and dizzy at the gym today but since I missed my workout yesterday, I slugged through it.... Baa! Just complaining! It HAS to get better soon! (No one tell me to go to the doctor!)

I'm also SUPPOSED to be working on my graduate school application essays that need to be in by the end of the week. While I've been scared about attempting this for the last three years, I need to adhere to my new life philosophy: A year from now, I'll wish I'd started today!

In all seriousness, think about all the dreams you've had for yourself. Losing weight? Going back to school? Running a marathon? What's stopping you from accomplishing most of them? No one but yourself! If you have the WILL to do something, it can be done!

Ya know, after these applications are finished, I might just look into running that marathon!

Sara
270/155/150
Old 01-05-2003, 05:52 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

THIS IS FOR LUCKY AND ANYONE ELSE WHO HATES TO JOURNAL

\hot eTools article of the week
back | next
your journal, your friend

Here's a party game that will help you celebrate the New Year with success. Read the following four clues to figure out the character.

Clue #1: I'm your best friend.
Clue #2: If you don't lie to me, I'll tell you the truth every day.
Clue #3: I'm not always liked.
Clue #4: I'm the key to your weight-loss success.

Who am I? I'm your Journal!

You've probably heard your leader or other Meetings members talking about how important your Journal is to your weight-loss success. And they're right on — research shows that tracking what you eat is the single greatest predictor of your weight-loss success.

Why Journaling Is Worth It
Maybe when you first started your weight-loss plan, the only thing that made you pause about Journaling was the amount of work you knew you'd have to put into it. But it's important to consider all the potential cons of tracking what you eat, before they actually affect your determination to do it. Think about it: What are the pros and cons of Journaling? Make a list — we'll help you get started…

Journaling Pros Journaling Cons
It tells me what I've eaten. It tells me what I've eaten!
I can figure out when and why I overeat. I can figure out when and why I overeat!
It forces me to budget my POINTS®. It forces me to budget my POINTS®!

Add more pros and cons, and see if you start to notice a pattern. When you write it all out, it's easy to see that the very things that make Journaling crucial to weight loss success can sometimes be hard to swallow. We're all happy to log a POINTS-friendly meal, for example, but who wants to put an off-Plan day down in print?

There's a danger in the "all or nothing" kind of thinking that comes from expecting only the best to be in your Journal. Be sure to remember: There is no such thing as failure, only feedback. But how are you supposed to benefit from that feedback if you put it out of your mind? Record everything in your Journal for weight-loss success.

At your next Meeting, talk to the friends around you about how their Journals have helped them find weight loss success. And click "Next" for more advice on making yours a permanent part of your plan.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:57 PM   #28  
I'm on my way!

ANOTHER ONE!

Weight Watchers success stories will rave about it, we keep pushing you to do it, and meeting leaders will advise it again and again:

Journal, journal, journal.

And we’re not just trying to add yet another thing to your to-do list. Journaling is proven to help dieters achieve success. Recently, for example, researchers at the Center for Behavioral Medicine in Chicago followed 38 dieters through the 10 weeks that include Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.

Sure, three-quarters of the dieters gained weight during the holidays, but the exception was the 25 percent who were identified as the most rigorous self-monitors. These people kept track of everything they ate. No surprise: some actually lost weight during this challenging time.

Why? "Journaling opens a window into not just behavior, but also into what’s going on behind behavior," says Kathleen Adams, LPC, RPT (Registered Poetry/Journal Therapist), founder and director for the Center for Journal Therapy in Denver. "The food management program is so strong and so effective with Weight Watchers, but what really oomphs it up is understanding what goes on behind the scene: What does drive my desire to eat ice cream at 10:30?"

Your Journal’s Hidden Benefits
Tracking what you eat in a journal doesn’t just help you monitor your food intake. It also serves a sort of diet record. You can look back and learn from it — whether you’re looking back at a week you gained and trying to figure out why, or looking forward to repeating what you did in a week when you saw success.

"Your journal is a great problem-solving device," agrees Palma Posillico, general manager of service and training for Weight Watchers International. "You can use it to track your situation, your feelings. And awareness is the first step."

Whether you put pen to paper or mouse to pad, use your journal to help you lose weight. And whether you’ve been journaling since the Jackson 5 or you’re new to the journaling scene, keep the following tried-and-true tactics in mind:

Determine your journaling style. Fitting your journal to your personality, rather than the other way around, will help you develop a journal routine that sticks. As Adams says, "If your journal helps you get the results you want, then it works."

Keep it current. Write down what you’re eating as you eat it. Adams agrees, "I get the absolute best results when I stay present with what’s going on with me."

Fill it out. Writing down and tracking POINTS totals is great, but you’ll also find greater success if you write down the foods you eat, the portion sizes, the times you eat meals and snacks, and other details.

Feelings + food. While you’re at it, why not jot down quick notes about how you feel each day — it may help you understand the feelings behind your food.

Exercise is another great thing to keep track of: With this information, you can easily determine when you’ve earned yourself a bonus POINT or two.

Facing a plateau? Journal. Maggie Jerchau, a meeting leader from Long Island, says "A journal is something you can go back and repeat if you’ve found success."

Keep it on hand. Whether that means using the online journal — you can access and add to it from any computer with web access — picking up a spiral-bound “My Daily Journal”, or carrying around a tattered notebook, just make sure you always have access to your journal. In site, in mind.

Make it yours. Stickers, crayons, pictures … anything you want to add to make it speak of your successes. Says Posillico, "You can get very creative with your journal." Don’t quit. When asked what advice she would offer to a new lifetime member, Maria Bugler, a meeting leader from Long Island, says, "Never ever forget the POINTS. Once you start counting, it starts adding up."
Old 01-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #29  

Ya, Ya , Ya

Michelle.... Are you trying to ruin my Sunday???????????

I actually have been journaling for a week...well, a week tomorrow. It's just one of those things I have to do, to be like Sara.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:43 PM   #30  
I'm on my way!

Lucky I wanna be like SARA too!! In fact...I want to BE Sara right now!!

And Tina too...she is on a roll!! Where are you girlfriend...

And Thin...and Kat...and Duckie...and we haven't seen Susie for awhile....2Cute must be out with her daughter having fun...Steph, Tanya, our newbies are missing in action this weekend too....come out and play today!!

I just finished cleaning up the dinner dishes...I made a lean roast beef in the crockpot with beef bouillon and mushrooms, and I made mashed potatoes with skim milk and just a dab of margerine and some peas! I am soooo full....and I still have 6 points left. I think I will try that popcorn tonight! I LOVE popcorn!!

Ok I'll stop blabbering for now...but you all better come out and post tonight...cause I WILL BE BACK to haunt you!!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread