Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #46  

Checking in for the morning. Had a POP day yesterday, clocking in at 1235 calories. I have slept really well the last 2 nights, which I needed.
Today is my rest day from running, and I think I will totally rest today, which is hard for me mentally, I have this urge to burn calories. One side of my brain says, "burn more calories" and the other side says "but your body needs a rest". So rest it is.
My scale is down again today another 0.8, I can almost smell the 180's. I think I have been burned so many times with the scale though that is is almost bittersweet to see a drop, wondering if it is real and if it will stick. Like I said yesterday, I will enjoy it for today.
NSV ALERT: as I was writing that last sentence I thought about BMI and went to an online calculator to check it out, guess what, I am no longer obese. I am overweight!!!!!! WOW, never thought I'd say those words and be happy about them! Just barely though, so now I have to make sure I am POP today especially since it is a rest day.

Just want to give a shout out to all the newbies, glad you are here and also to all the familiar faces that were gone this weekend or lately, glad you are all back, I missed all of you! Thanks to everyone for the motivation and strength I get from you everyday. I was just thinking about this board yesterday and how I am so proud that I didn't get derailed by my vacation, and just April in general as a month (only losing 2#). In the past, without 3FC, I think I would have definately thrown in the towel sometime in April. I feel so blessed. A huge thank you

Last edited by jomatho; 05-17-2011 at 09:23 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #47  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

New to the board and starting fresh today. I brought my gym bag to work with me today and will leave work on time and go to the gym after work. It is raining and yucky outside so indoor exercise looks to be the game plan for the week. As for food I have a bad habbit of starving myself all day, so I made sure I brought my lunch and will have small snacks through out the day. Taking baby steps Today's lunch is peanut butter and jelly, I feel like I am in school again LOL.
jenfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #48  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Yesterday was extremely LOW in calories...under 1000. BUT I felt I needed to do that as I've had more OVER target days than ON target days this past week. Today is weigh in day for me (at 6 pm)....I'm not expecting much. I think I've lost some of my inspiration......soooooo I told DH last night--NO splurges for me this week. I've gotten to where I have a couple of them per week and I think it's hurting me. So, starting to day, they STOP. I'm walkin' the straight and narrow atleast for the next few weeks to see how my body does with that. Hopefully it'll help a LOT and I can re-find some of my inspiration.

BOY where are all of you new folks coming from? Is May "the month" that everyone renews their New Year's Resolutions? Just Kiddin'!! Glad you guys are here! It's a FABULOUS place for encouragement and the wisdom of the people here is AMAZING (okay, me excluded....wise, I am NOT! lol)

Okay, gotta get ready for work!! Have a GREAT day everyone!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Yesterday was extremely LOW in calories...under 1000. BUT I felt I needed to do that as I've had more OVER target days than ON target days this past week. Today is weigh in day for me (at 6 pm)....I'm not expecting much. I think I've lost some of my inspiration......soooooo I told DH last night--NO splurges for me this week. I've gotten to where I have a couple of them per week and I think it's hurting me. So, starting to day, they STOP. I'm walkin' the straight and narrow atleast for the next few weeks to see how my body does with that. Hopefully it'll help a LOT and I can re-find some of my inspiration.

BOY where are all of you new folks coming from? Is May "the month" that everyone renews their New Year's Resolutions? Just Kiddin'!! Glad you guys are here! It's a FABULOUS place for encouragement and the wisdom of the people here is AMAZING (okay, me excluded....wise, I am NOT! lol)

Okay, gotta get ready for work!! Have a GREAT day everyone!!
Good Luck with your weigh in!!!! Do you record your food on your splurge days? I know for me if I am splurging, I tend to not record and if I am not recording, I am splurging. Does that make sense? I think if you record everything you eat, even if you are splurging, you won't splurge. Hehe, I am following my logic, is anyone else? Anyways, this is something I am changing about myself, thought it might help you too.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfett View Post
New to the board and starting fresh today. I brought my gym bag to work with me today and will leave work on time and go to the gym after work. It is raining and yucky outside so indoor exercise looks to be the game plan for the week. As for food I have a bad habbit of starving myself all day, so I made sure I brought my lunch and will have small snacks through out the day. Taking baby steps Today's lunch is peanut butter and jelly, I feel like I am in school again LOL.
Sounds like you are making some great changes! Come back here and let us know how it is going!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

jenfett Hi and Welcome!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #52  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Ugh it's raining here today. I guess I'll try those step ups... Maybe put my dd in the sling and do it. Hopefully she won't fuss. Thanks for the welcome, everyone.
oh, almost forgot! I made a meal plan for the week so i don't get disorganized and order pizza when i run out of time. That's something that happens here a lot.

Last edited by shishkeberry; 05-17-2011 at 10:05 AM.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #53  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Morning All

I have an AWESOME day planned!
Already downed a NOW Green Monster and getting ready to take the K9s to the park for the morning. I am PUMPED!

Couple of quick things b4 I head out...
newcomers to this thread--once again--we are glad u are here!

DianaLA: Good Luck with weigh in tonight
cheats!!!! When u stop cheating, you'll start losing! But u already know this!

Stacy
: No gym. at home, tennis, zumba, K9 walk at local park. Hopefully this week I can add AbRipper X to this list! I am so ready to define my abs! I see them in my cooler!!!

Jo: I sent you a PM for the music, hope you got it. I have more to add to the list already. I have created 4 list now. They are about 40 min each. Rock, Club, Alternative, and Hip Hop which includes some reggaeton!

Here's to a great OP day for EVERYONE!! It's only a Tuesday--train hard! Wait for a better day for something special to cross over your lips!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #54  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, I usually track my "cheats" (I prefer to call them planned splurges because I do typically plan them ahead of time.....the one last wednesday had been planned from the beginning of my journey....when I got to 200, I was having my fav food: fried catfish) I did NOT track what I ate at that meal though......but I splurged a little the next day (1600 calories for the day) and I DID track those. I haven't really splurged a lot since then, though. I think my deal has been sodium this week.....with traveling over the weekend, my choices were pretty much pre-packaged foods. I was up to 202.6 yesterday morning. I knew it was water weight. I've been taking a fluid pill on Tuesday mornings only, but I took one yesterday and I lost 4 lbs yesterday, down this morning to 198.6! This fluid/sodium thing is soooo frustrating! I wouldn't stress about it nearly as much if I didn't do "official weigh ins" on Tuesday at Weight Watchers. In fact, were it not for being my friend's accountability partner, I probably would quit going to the meetings....which might lead to failure, I don't know. Maybe it's good that I keep going.

BTW MzJuicy......if a man is sooo shallow that your weight being more than someone else's makes him go to the other person, you're better off without him!! He's just missing out on an awesome opportunity to know a GREAT person! You just keep doing what you're doing........be who you are! Your Mr. Right is out there!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #55  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Krystal -- We need to have a (friendly) competition

Stacy
Melissa and I are dirty, dirty girls!!

Melissa Paul, my hubby, is getting quite involved with the gardening. I am glad because it makes me a bit nervous to leave these babies for 16 days.

Road Sorry Sometimes it is hard for younger ladies relate to us older moms...we still look at our kids as babies.

Jo My neighbor used to jog next to me, because I am a speed demon -- I could not go for 8 miles tho Good for you!! You are melting those pounds away!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #56  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Sum and LarryH Just picked up All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. I can't wait to learn and plan for a real veggie garden next year. It will take some planning, so not jumping right in is the better approach - like I will need to level out some land and really figure out where I have sun and so on, but I'm excited!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #57  

Kristiina, yes, I do believe you walk faster than I jog Wish we lived closer so we could go out together! I know you could make it 8 miles.
But seriously, I think it is my form that slows me down, I think I go up and down more than I go forward. I can't lengthen my stride out like I should. Perhaps because I carry most of my weight in my chest/abs/hips/butt, maybe my core is so weak that I keep a shorter stride? I have worked on trying to lengthen my stride but I get tired so much quicker. I keep saying it is like running with a 45 pound vest on (extra weight I am carrying). The vest is getting lighter though, when I started, I had on an 85 pound vest
Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Sum and LarryH Just picked up All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. I can't wait to learn and plan for a real veggie garden next year. It will take some planning, so not jumping right in is the better approach - like I will need to level out some land and really figure out where I have sun and so on, but I'm excited!
I was thinking about getting that book for my mom for her birthday. She does our gardening on the back of our property, but she was just talking about wanting to move it closer between our two properties and do raised beds. Does it look like a good book?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #59  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I was thinking about getting that book for my mom for her birthday. She does our gardening on the back of our property, but she was just talking about wanting to move it closer between our two properties and do raised beds. Does it look like a good book?
This book and the web site and the forums are great for gardeners. It has a bazillion reviews and all positive. Basically, he's simplified gardening for people of today and properties of today. Larry mentioned it the other day too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
This book and the web site and the forums are great for gardeners. It has a bazillion reviews and all positive. Basically, he's simplified gardening for people of today and properties of today. Larry mentioned it the other day too.
Yeah, I was following the converstion the other day and immediately thought of my mom, and her birthday is on May 30th, so it was just another idea for her. She's been gardening for years and years and we were talking the other day, because the garden is in the back part of our property, it takes a while for it to dry out in the spring, have to plant late, etc, and she brought up the idea for moving to raised beds closer to the houses. You guys had just talked about this that day and a lightbulb went off in my head. . .